ADVERTISEMENT

“He just doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

And rumors are swirling that Gase wants to trade newly acquired running back Leveon Bell .

Manish Mehta has the reputation of a hatchet man and remember he was a supporter of Gase becoming the head coach right from the beginning. But aside from this it is apparent that the relationship between McCaggnan & Gase could not be fixed. The way they interacted (or actually did not interact) at the draft sealed the GM's fate.

Regardless of whether it was done earlier or later does not matter. Mccaggnan had to go. To succeed the coach and GM have to be on the same page. Based on all that has happened I do not trust that Gase was the correct coaching choice, but he is now the head coach and the decision to replace the GM was the right one.

Tom K

What I don’t understand is how can Gase want to trade Le’Veon Bell who was one of the most coveted free agent running backs this offseason? Guy may still be a top 3 back in the league.

Give this team a shot, come on

Reactions: SnakeTom
What I don’t understand is how can Gase want to trade Le’Veon Bell who was one of the most coveted free agent running backs this offseason? Guy may still be a top 3 back in the league.

Peyton manning may be lured as gm

I don't think anyone wants to trade Bell. I think the dispute was that the GM did not consult with the coach on the signing of Bell. the other free agents that were pursued nor the draft picks. I think the coach must have some input on what players will be on his team as Bill Parcells once famously noted.

I agree the team is much more talented than it has been in recent memory. Let's stop the BS and give them a chance to win.

Tom K

Reactions: buckfoston824
No words to describe what is the NYJ. And I still think they’ll compete this year. Too much talent on that roster to not win some games.

To Gase it's all about the QB, and running backs are a dime a dozen. He's certainly not alone in that view. But Bell is a multi-dimensional talent who will make the QB even more effective. One way or the other, should be interesting to watch the Jets this year.

You have two very strong personalities in Gase and Bell and whether they both get on the same page and make this Jets team better or whether they clash will be one thing thing that will be closely watched beginning with the mandatory team workouts and minicamps.

The offensive scheme. Same reason why the Dolphins traded Ajayi when Gase was HC. A lot of the younger offensive coaches believe offense is now basically 7-on-7 pass drills, which devalue running backs.

Ben McAdoo was the same way. Probably why neither are successful.

The offensive scheme. Same reason why the Dolphins traded Ajayi when Gase was HC. A lot of the younger offensive coaches believe offense is now basically 7-on-7 pass drills, which devalue running backs.

I get that Ajayi is more of a bruiser who doesn’t fit his scheme but Bell is a QB’s dream running back. Especially a young QB like Darnold who can check down to him as often as he likes

I get that Ajayi is more of a bruiser who doesn’t fit his scheme but Bell is a QB’s dream running back. Especially a young QB like Darnold who can check down to him as often as he likes

I agree, but Gase wanted that money allocated elsewhere. I think he wanted Tevin Coleman instead?

I agree, but Gase wanted that money allocated elsewhere. I think he wanted Tevin Coleman instead?
Right... from what I’ve seen it’s not that Gase doesn’t like Bell and any scheme can use his talent. Just that Gase felt that he could have Coleman and whatever else the excess millions could get.

Excellent points Piratz. What I have yet to fully comprehend is given Gase’s offensive philosophy concerning the role of the running back in his offensive schemes why was Bell or any comparable RB made one of their top free agent priorities . By the way I thought it was a good signing and that they didn’t overpay.

While Maccagnan may not have been a GM who had great communication skills I don’t buy into the argument that Gase wasn’t a part of the discussion on who to draft and who their top free agent targets were and while Gase may not have prevailed in which player to draft or sign I don’t see how his views were not part of the decision process .

Excellent points Piratz. What I have yet to fully comprehend is given Gase’s offensive philosophy concerning the role of the running back in his offensive schemes why was Bell or any comparable RB made one of their top free agent priorities . By the way I thought it was a good signing and that they didn’t overpay.

While Maccagnan may not have been a GM who had great communication skills I don’t buy into the argument that Gase wasn’t a part of the discussion on who to draft and who their top free agent targets were and while Gase may not have prevailed in which player to draft or sign I don’t see how his views were not part of the decision process .

That's the problem. Apparently his views on the roster were not sought after. For that matter McCagnan also ignored Bowls views on what players or types of players that he wanted/needed.

Tom K

That's the problem. Apparently his views on the roster were not sought after. For that matter McCagnan also ignored Bowls views on what players or types of players that he wanted/needed.

Tom K
Jets long for the days of mr t

Jets long for the days of mr t

You mean the guy who traded for Tim Tebow
. Also the GM that put the Jets into cap hell. Of course that was after they got to the AFC Title game two times. So I guess Tannenbaum gets both good and bad grades.

Tom K

Yinz can come follow the Black and Gold, we will do better than predicted and come out of the North. Bell can be good bot the Oline needs to be solid.
And in reality who or what would trade for him? Cost prohibitive Always hoped he would come back,maybe when he retires will sign for a day. AB not worth the headache.

Reactions: Jerry1992
Pokey, fully agree. Steelers will do better than most think without Bell and Brown drama. I will enjoy watching Jets and Raiders deal with the headaches from those two. Plus, Obj will do same to Browns. :) Go Steelers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT