ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Charleston Classic

With a mostly new team, it's good that we're not playing top 20 teams at that point in the season.

With a mostly new team, it's good that we're not playing top 20 teams at that point in the season.
You can look at it both ways. Top 20 teams are still mostly guys learning to play together. That might be the time to knock them off

This past year

Kenpom

35 Texas A&M SEC 21-15 +17.02
47 Florida Atlantic Amer 25-9 +15.74
50 Seton Hall BE 25-12 +15.03
75 VCU A10 24-14 +10.69
96 Miami FL ACC 15-17 +8.17
117 Oklahoma St. B12 12-20 +4.90
Depending on who the other two teams are (I expect one to be from the CAA based on last year's field and the other to be another mid-major), this tournament will feature three of our four -- at most five -- toughest non-conference games of next season.

I'd imagine they try to keep us away from Oklahoma State since we'll play them a few weeks later. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one of the TBDs in the first game.

Reactions: Piratz
Depending on who the other two teams are (I expect one to be from the CAA based on last year's field and the other to be another mid-major), this tournament will feature three of our four -- at most five -- toughest non-conference games of next season.

I'd imagine they try to keep us away from Oklahoma State since we'll play them a few weeks later. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one of the TBDs in the first game.
Shouldn't there be a big 10

Shouldn't there be a big 10
Not necessarily. Since the inaugural tournament in 2008 there has been a Big 10 representative six times in 15 events.

There was no Big 10 team last year. Penn State has made three of those six appearances, the last in 2022. Before that you have to go to 2018 when Purdue headlined the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT