ADVERTISEMENT

Another Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really believe it's a behavior? Honestly can't wait till that generation is dead and gone, so these ideas die with them. world will be a better place.
Jcalz, please know that not all of us in this generation feel the same. I'm with you on this. And shame on Seton Hall if we just fired someone for supporting LBGT rights.

Edit without Ajou. Looks like we're in compliance at 13 now, LOL!

1). Gordon (SR)
2). Thomas (JR)
3). Anderson (JR)
4). Whitehead (SO)
5). Carrington (SO)
6). Delgado (SO)
7). Rodriguez (SO)
8). Anthony (SO)
9). Sanogo (SO)
10). Nzei (FR)
11). Singh (FR)
12). Soffer (FR)
13). Carter (FR)

Last edited:
Piratz - you still have Gibbs in your list.
And last I checked Carrington was still on the roster. LOL

The big guy, Ajou will be leaving. Wishing him the best. Had a chance to talk to him a couple of times and he is a really great person. Well spoken with a good sense of humor.

Reactions: buzzershot
does anyone know what his future plans are? Still kind of sad he wasnt used in his most useful situation, and his biggest highlight was getting hit in the head by gibbs. At least we had a 7 footer for a semester.

Willard has done nothing to suggest that he is capable of maintaining a locker room with even the slightest bit of discord. He's teams are extremely frail- if Gibbs Sina was too much for him to handle, its foolish to believe THIS time with THIS player it will be different. Truly the definition of insanity right here.

I'm writing to explain why the older generation viewed homosexuality as something that should be shunned and avoided. Before you condemn our generation, you should understand that we are merely a product of the times we grew up in. We were raised in the 50s, 60s, and 70s when homosexuality was viewed as a deviant practice, a sin and in many instances a crime. We were taught by our parents, the schools, the Church and society at large that homosexuality was an evil and sinful practice. It wasn't until the 1980s or so that we first began to learn that there were other enlightened viewpoints out there, and that homosexuals were just like the rest of us except only that they had different sexual feelings. In recent years, I have become totally accepting of our gay citizens and would hope that they are not treated differently based on the old prejudices that were instilled in us during our upbringing. By the same token, however, I preach patience and tolerance for those who have not yet overcome the prejudices of their upbringing.. Hopefully, they will some day come around and develop total acceptance.

Reactions: SnakeTom
I'm writing to explain why the older generation viewed homosexuality as something that should be shunned and avoided. Before you condemn our generation, you should understand that we are merely a product of the times we grew up in. We were raised in the 50s, 60s, and 70s when homosexuality was viewed as a deviant practice, a sin and in many instances a crime. We were taught by our parents, the schools, the Church and society at large that homosexuality was an evil and sinful practice. It wasn't until the 1980s or so that we first began to learn that there were other enlightened viewpoints out there, and that homosexuals were just like the rest of us except only that they had different sexual feelings. In recent years, I have become totally accepting of our gay citizens and would hope that they are not treated differently based on the old prejudices that were instilled in us during our upbringing. By the same token, however, I preach patience and tolerance for those who have not yet overcome the prejudices of their upbringing.. Hopefully, they will some day come around and develop total acceptance.

This is the essence of a progressive society, in general. Change is always generational.

Only 51 years ago our great country disenfranchised their fellow Americans from basic rights of liberty because of the color of our skin. It was 86 years ago that women couldn't vote. Heck, at one point people thought the Earth was flat!

Derrick Gordon is a courageous kid and one I hope will represent our fine university well and be an inspiring leader to his teammates.

Good luck to Chier Ajou. I feel for this kid that he is having trouble finding a home. Hope his next stop is his last and he has the last laugh on college basketball and its coaches by getting a full education free of charge.

It amazes me that Judeo-Christian moral teachings are so easily dismissed. Countless posts can be made calling them bigotry, unenlightened, etc. As soon as any serious intellectual disagreement is mounted, the thread gets locked. That, my brothers, is intolerance.
I will pray for Derrick and wish him no ill-will. But the movement and lifestyle he has aligned himself with is evil. I hope that his time at Seton Hall will be good for his soul. But it seems more and more apparent that the school as an institution has lost its moorings.

Reactions: Belluno
This is why I no longer call myself a catholic. Men made his lifestyle evil not God.

But the movement and lifestyle he has aligned himself with is evil. I hope that his time at Seton Hall will be good for his soul. But it seems more and more apparent that the school as an institution has lost its moorings.

Thank you for reminding me why I grow more and more intolerant of religious beliefs as I get older. Derrick Gordon and his lifestyle is none of anyone's business. And that includes the Catholic Church.

Maybe if more young men grew up as he has it would be a far better world.

Reactions: Pirate6711
C-man - lepers were shunned as evil sinners but we finally figured out it was not a choice or a lifestyle. But the verses in the bible were not rewritten to reflect this evolved understanding. However, do you still teach rigidly that lepers are evil sinners and unclean?

In the matter of LGBT, science is consistently confirming the overwhelming genetic basis for a wide variation in gender (not to mention the obvious - that this occurs all across natural creation). This is not lifestyle or choice. It is rather sad - you see moral decay - I see a chance to remove falsely placed so-called moral supremacy (the tyranny of old incorrect words, making them far more important than the central message of love).

It amazes me that Judeo-Christian moral teachings are so easily dismissed. Countless posts can be made calling them bigotry, unenlightened, etc. As soon as any serious intellectual disagreement is mounted, the thread gets locked. That, my brothers, is intolerance.
I will pray for Derrick and wish him no ill-will. But the movement and lifestyle he has aligned himself with is evil. I hope that his time at Seton Hall will be good for his soul. But it seems more and more apparent that the school as an institution has lost its moorings.

This whole debate really boils down to this: So you're telling us Gordon is confused or choosing this, or is being persuaded by evil because of his sexual preference?

Thank you for reminding me why I grow more and more intolerant of religious beliefs as I get older. Derrick Gordon and his lifestyle is none of anyone's business. And that includes the Catholic Church.

Derrick Gordon chose to make an issue of his sexual lifestyle. Before he made a production of it, I doubt any of us knew or cared what he was up to. There's plenty of intolerance of religious beliefs being spewed on these boards. Yours is mild in comparison to others. The real hate is coming from those who scream the loudest for diversity and understanding. JCalz88 is looking forward to the day whole generations die. And that lovely Jimmyd36 wants to cost a man his job for holding an opposite view. He probably loves putting Mom and Pop bakeries out of business, too. So don't hand me any crap about intolerance. The traditionalists are the most tolerant people on these boards.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Belluno, Im looking forward to those idea dieing and going away. Derrick Gordon chose to stand up for other who are to afraid to do it themselves, I do not call this a production, he took the first step to open up a dialogue. Now, I respect the views of a Catholic or those that you have. I just know they are completely wrong and outdated. Hell, 20-30 years ago people believed blacks were inferior and should drink from different water fountains... How silly does that looks now? I say get ahead of the curve, a new train is coming into the station anyone with these old views looks stupid and foolish and should be called out for it.

I have a cousin of mine who runs a magazine for the Vatican and he is openly gay, his boy friend also works for the Vatican and is gay as could be. Many of their friends are priests and noone has any issue with it. Funny story his brother is a top Republican strategist fun Christmas eve dinners.

Even that guy who runs the church whats his name... O the Pope said to relax take a breath focus on other stuff.

Being gay isn't like joining a club like the KKK or the Black Panthers.

No, but heterosexual or homosexual we are called on to rise above our base instincts. Michaelangelo apparently was a homosexual but there is good reason to believe he led a chaste life.

Belluno, Im looking forward to those idea dieing and going away. Derrick Gordon chose to stand up for other who are to afraid to do it themselves, I do not call this a production, he took the first step to open up a dialogue. Now, I respect the views of a Catholic or those that you have. I just know they are completely wrong and outdated. Hell, 20-30 years ago people believed blacks were inferior and should drink from different water fountains... How silly does that looks now? I say get ahead of the curve, a new train is coming into the station anyone with these old views looks stupid and foolish and should be called out for it.

I have a cousin of mine who runs a magazine for the Vatican and he is openly gay, his boy friend also works for the Vatican and is gay as could be. Many of their friends are priests and noone has any issue with it. Funny story his brother is a top Republican strategist fun Christmas eve dinners.

Even that guy who runs the church whats his name... O the Pope said to relax take a breath focus on other stuff.

Guys like Catholicman are a dieing breed, the times are changing and they do not know what to do so they call it evil and quote a sentence in some book that is thousands of years old. By all means be the last one fighting this you will look dumb and ignorant.

Reactions: Shuathelete
There's nothing new about your train, JCalz. It's been around forever and it's been wrong for as long. I've plenty to answer for and sins of the flesh are at the top of the list, but I'm not so stupid as to deny the seriousness of my actions. Now I'm trying to walk with God and praying for His Divine mercy. I advise you to get off that train before it derails and takes you with it.

Reactions: catholicman
But the movement and lifestyle he has aligned himself with is evil.
Yea it would be much better if his lifestyle was directed towards children against there will. Now thats something to be supportive of!

brainwashing-quotes-2.jpg

The traditionalists are the most tolerant people on these boards.

Maybe we are all painting each other with too board a brush. But I stand by my point. sexual preference is no one's business but the individual's.

Just like I wouldn't be comfortable with Derrick Gordon flaunting his viewpoint in my face, I feel likewise with anyone taking the opposite stance.

Here we go again. Those children were teen aged boys and their oppressors were homosexual priests who were then moved from parish to parish by their soulmates. You persist in defaming pedophiles. At least take the time to look up the definition before you write.

Reactions: catholicman
There's nothing new about your train, JCalz. It's been around forever and it's been wrong for as long. I've plenty to answer for and sins of the flesh are at the top of the list, but I'm not so stupid as to deny the seriousness of my actions. Now I'm trying to walk with God and praying for His Divine mercy. I advise you to get off that train before it derails and takes you with it.

Booked my first class seat on this train a while ago. If it derails then so be it, but many thought Rosa Parks train would derail as well... I have a few gay friends and family members, what kind of person would I be if I did not stand up for the injustice and prejudice they see day in and out...

Belluno, we may not agree on this topic but I am sure we would get along other wise. Thank you for having a respectable conversation with me on this.

Reactions: Pirate6711
Belluno, we may not agree on this topic but I am sure we would get along other wise. Thank you for having a respectable conversation with me on this.

Before he left the area I and many others in the Booster Club knew and respected belluno. You are correct when you note you would have gotten along well with him.

I try to respect all opinions. I really think if you go back to the bible and see where Jesus treated the lepers well and spoke to the prostitute (which in their time speaking to women was very different but speaking to a prostitute openly was not looked at with approval at all) was an example that Jesus was making that we need to treat all people with respect. Is not Love they Neighbor and Thou Shalt Not Judge key foundations to Catholicism? I truly believe that with Jesus example and those commandments we should not judge and be more accepting. Hopefully with this current Pope some of the doctrines will be rewritten but I can't wait that long and in the end you have to feel good about your own actions. Life is short and there is only finite time to do what you think is right. Oh and Jcalz I'm old...

The worst thing ever invented by man was God.

What's more annoying the religious zealots or the liberals who shove everything down our throat?

The liberals scream for people to be tolerant but they are intolerant of anybody who doesn't agree with their stance and will stop at nothing to ruin people's lives who don't share their views.

The religious zealots quote scripture that was meant for a completely different time in this world. Unfortunately for them society has gone so far off the rails that they are heavily outnumbered.

Can't we just get back to basketball? Five years from now Derrick Gordon will be a guy who played for us for one unmemorable season. We'll remember this upcoming season for the year we finally got rid of Willard.

Reactions: Section112
I too see this as a civil rights issue. The church and most large institutions are battleships with a guy at the end of the boat dipping his foot in the water to try make the boat turn. Belluno and I may never agree on this issue, but I am very happy to see him posting. We have never met, but I wish that wasn't so.

No, but heterosexual or homosexual we are called on to rise above our base instincts. Michaelangelo apparently was a homosexual but there is good reason to believe he led a chaste life.

Did you just say there is reason to believe that Michelangelo led a chaste life? First, the man was a homosexual and a genius. His work has added so profoundly to what symbolizes the Catholic faith. Yet, you some how rationalize that believing he did not engage in homosexual acts.

However, there is a love letter from the great master artist to the man he loved - Tomasso de Cavalieri. I am sure will say this was just a platonic relationship but it is clear that it was not. Just read the letter. I never addressed my buddies like that I can assure you. What I despise is hypocrisy. A man is not evil because he is gay. A man is evil because of the harm he does to another human being. I see what true evil is on a daily basis.

Some Christian types believe that gambling is evil it is this type of puritanical thinking that retards growth and stunts us as a society.

Just let people be who they are and do what they want -true freedom- as long as it does not harm another.

Pretty ignorant to link pedophilia and homosexuality, though ignorance is the norm for some here.

The worst thing ever invented by man was God.

Few things have caused more pain and bloodshed than religion, that's for sure. That doesn't necessarily disprove God, but disproves man-controlled institutions are anything but "divinely inspired". They've merely been glorified governments; raking in cash, living lavishly, and controlling the populous through fear.

Now we're supposed to be treating someone as influenced by "evil" because their sexual preference is different? When does it end? And can we eat meat on Friday's yet? I don't think God minds.

Last edited:
Reactions: shupat08

Then why did God create him as he is? He didn't choose to be who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT