ADVERTISEMENT

area angel can improve

Mar 2, 2015
The numbers say he blocks shots...........that's so misleading.

The eye test shows that the kid plays like he has four fouls the entire game. and begs people to make layups on him

IT IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR YOUR BIG MAN TO HAVE 0-2 fouls at the end of a game. We were winning when he contested every shot and was in foul trouble.

THIS ISN'T ON THE COACH ALL THOUGH THE BOARD WILL BLAME HIM SOMEHOW

This post was edited on 3/18 1:09 AM by hall_fan

Re: Delgado worst rim protector in NCAA

Originally posted by hall_fan:

The numbers say he blocks shots...........that's so misleading.

The eye test shows that the kid plays like he has four fouls the entire game. and begs people to make layups on him

IT IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR YOUR BIG MAN TO HAVE 0-2 fouls at the end of a game. We were winning when he contested every shot and was in foul trouble.

THIS ISN'T ON THE COACH ALL THOUGH THE BOARD WILL BLAME HIM SOMEHOW
If he's in foul trouble, then he's on the bench. Are you saying Seton Hall is better with Delgado on the bench?

Good point by the op. I wouldn't agree with the title of the thread. But Angel really needs to work on his defense. I noticed sometimes when he was being bumped by another big man, he would try to show that he was getting fouled by not standing his ground. Then the opponent would just go up for an easy layup.

Also, he did indeed play the whole game as if he had four fouls. His defense had been much better earlier in the season, albeit, against inferior competition.

No.... however I was only trying to show how early in the season his aggressiveness lead to wins. maybe he gets called for a foul on 1 of 4 drives, but they miss those layups. With his defense now that's 4/4. Rather have contests and the occasional foul then guaranteed layups.

And I Mainly am talking about coming out of the gate soft defensively, Once the fouls are picked up then he should adjust, however he plays like he has 4 fouls off the tip, retreating back under the hoop.

Ok, Captain. It is on the coach, actually. There was only one rotation center on the roster this year, coach's fault, and that was Rashed. While he was limited offensively he was pretty decent as a defensive anchor. I can't recall Delgado and Anthony sharing the floor together at all, though I am sure they did, the use of that frontcourt combination was very limited. A good coach realizes his players strengths and weaknesses and doesn't put them in a situation to be beaten the same way over and over again. A defeated coach with PTSD lets his Rookie of the Year get his weaknesses exploited over and over and then uses it as an excuse.

Ironic that your handle is "hall fan", but your post is so negative to a great kid. Your facts may not be in dispute but your style and approach with that title stinks.

Funny how your name is Hall Talk, a show that continues to call out specific kids and call for the coach to be fired from the same university that pays the stations bills. I love Angel and hope he can continue to improve. He will be one of the greatest seton hall players of all time.

Also, it has nothing to do with rotation, the kid decided to change his style on his own, and refuse to contest shots. This board is unbelievable how they won't let anyone take the blame who actually plays the games. I have seen Willard repeatedly telling angel to contest shots

hall fan, I now understand what you're saying, You make a valid point.

It does have to do with rotation and roster. If one of your three best players is a big man who is more forward than center and not very adept at protecting the rim against high-major competition you complement him with a role player who can cover those deficiencies. Not a 6'5 small forward or a stretch 4 who is even worse at protecting the rim. The fact that we did not have that player on the roster is its own problem but not one worth getting into.

Hallfan...

Lets attack our big east rookie of the year, randomly on Tuesday night?lol. I thought you were being a troll but your serious.

Team interior defense needs to be addressed and delagdo's continued growth is one piece of the puzzle.

Every player can improve a part of his game, Angel played above any one's expectations. He had a outstanding year.

Angel was at a major disadvantage this year since he was basically defending the paint by himself.

If he gets some help, you'll see a much better defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT