ADVERTISEMENT

Bediako

I don't know if you guys spotted it during the interview, but when Jacobsen quickly changed the topic from his performance to Kadary's return, JB rolled his eyes and made a very telling slight smile. It wasn't joy.
I did notice that too - maybe getting tired of not enough accolades for him and others? I mean the starters are all doing well - need to keep that cohesion .
Good group of guys who support each other. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. They all win when they win together. Get into the tourney and let Sha and staff work their magic!

i think people forget how good gil ended up being his last year. he was making those two nba guys on maryland look like boys and his offensive game was better than bediakos imo. he had the pick n roll down.

I did notice that too - maybe getting tired of not enough accolades for him and others? I mean the starters are all doing well - need to keep that cohesion .
Good group of guys who support each other. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. They all win when they win together. Get into the tourney and let Sha and staff work their magic!
Could be anything. Maybe they’re sick of hearing people ask and speculate about KR as whatever KR needed to do to rest is ok with his teammates. I’m sure as a competitor the storyline of them being unable to win without KR irritates.

I’d be surprised if it was showing disgust for KR not playing.

I don't know if you guys spotted it during the interview, but when Jacobsen quickly changed the topic from his performance to Kadary's return, JB rolled his eyes and made a very telling slight smile. It wasn't joy.
I thought it was an awkward question, given that Bediako doesn't get the limelight often and I'm sure he was proud to be interviewed..... Jacobsen starts off telling him how he's followed his career at Santa Clara and then asks a question about KR. I remember being surprised at the question. I think he was BS'ing about following his career at Santa Clara. As I understand it, the announcers were taken off guard and expected Sha. Jacobsen probably had that question in his mind to ask Sha. Bediako did seem annoyed at first when he heard the question but then went right along with it. Kudos to Jaden he stayed on point and an oops on Jacobsen , he should have done better.

Call me crazy, but watching Bediako reminds me of the days of Delgado (in addition to being a good FT shooter). My biggest regret with him is we only have him for 1 year.

Just an awesome job by staff uncovering him.
You're wrong.

Delgado went 9/9.8 as a FRESHMEN, collecting 10 double doubles (23 as a senior!).

Bediako is 9/7 as Grad Transfer and has 4 DDs 2/3s of the way into the season. He's actually having a career year across the board (especially on FT, where career wise he's 58%). Forget uncovering, talk about getting him to play better than he ever has at a higher level of basketball!

Enjoy the wonderful season he's having, but leave out the hyperbole. Delgado was an ALL-TIME beast.

I thought it was an awkward question, given that Bediako doesn't get the limelight often and I'm sure he was proud to be interviewed..... Jacobsen starts off telling him how he's followed his career at Santa Clara and then asks a question about KR. I remember being surprised at the question. I think he was BS'ing about following his career at Santa Clara. As I understand it, the announcers were taken off guard and expected Sha. Jacobsen probably had that question in his mind to ask Sha. Bediako did seem annoyed at first when he heard the question but then went right along with it. Kudos to Jaden he stayed on point and an oops on Jacobsen , he should have done better.
I thought Jacobsen was being legit about the Sendek/Santa Clara stuff bc he’s a west coast guy from Cali.

Jacobsen was clearly thrown by Bediako being the guy to be interviewed. They were expecting Sha. He did not think on his feet very quickly or the producer didn't care and they wanted to Kadary question answered. All good but yes awkward at the beginning.

Reactions: Piratz
Sendek is a very good coach . He got a raw deal at N C State .
Yeah, he had gotten them rolling. Made 5 consecutive NCAA Tournaments to end his tenure there, including a S16 in 2005. But was 5-5 in the Tournament and they thought they could do better. Another base that didn’t like the “plateau” effect of a coach’s tenure and then bombed out with Sidney Lowe following him, with 0 NCAAT’s in 5 seasons.

Our win with Orr and the Copeland/Nutter/Whitney team over a ranked NC State in 2006 was a thing of beauty.

Sendek is a less hyped but successful guy off the Pitino Tree. He was with Rick in Providence and Kentucky.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Yeah, he had gotten them rolling. Made 5 consecutive NCAA Tournaments to end his tenure there, including a S16 in 2005. But was 5-5 in the Tournament and they thought they could do better. Another base that didn’t like the “plateau” effect of a coach’s tenure and then bombed out with Sidney Lowe following him, with 0 NCAAT’s in 5 seasons.

Our win with Orr and the Copeland/Nutter/Whitney team over a ranked NC State in 2006 was a thing of beauty.

Sendek is a less hyped but successful guy off the Pitino Tree. He was with Rick in Providence and Kentucky.
Another bad decision by an ACC school thinking they were gonna be much more than they actually were. Sendek can coach. I believe we played one of his teams in the NCAAs at NC State years ago and it was a battle if I recall.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Another bad decision by an ACC school thinking they were gonna be much more than they actually were. Sendek can coach. I believe we played one of his teams in the NCAAs at NC State years ago and it was a battle if I recall.
YUP. Danny werners uncle told he he committed to nc st. Sendak was the perfect coach for him. Then he got fired and he switched to florida. Got an nc but not the career he expected. Was made for sendaks system.

You're wrong.

Delgado went 9/9.8 as a FRESHMEN, collecting 10 double doubles (23 as a senior!).

Bediako is 9/7 as Grad Transfer and has 4 DDs 2/3s of the way into the season. He's actually having a career year across the board (especially on FT, where career wise he's 58%). Forget uncovering, talk about getting him to play better than he ever has at a higher level of basketball!

Enjoy the wonderful season he's having, but leave out the hyperbole. Delgado was an ALL-TIME beast.
I was censored?

The statement was call me crazy... I said insane... and that was edited? Really?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Bediako seems like a fan favorite...good for him, he deserves all the accolades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT