ADVERTISEMENT

Bubble Burst? Wake Forest with a bad home loss to Ga Tech

mzadnik

All American
Apr 3, 2003
Wake comes back from 22 down to take the lead with 18 seconds left, but Georgia Tech scores with .4 seconds after a questionable no-call on what probably should've been a travel on Tech.

Wake comes back from 22 down to take the lead with 18 seconds left, but Georgia Tech scores with .4 seconds after a questionable no-call on what probably should've been a travel on Tech.

Definitely was a travel. See ya Wake.

Yes, that probably did them in. Likewise, Kansas State probably blew their last chance to dance by being blown out by a suddenly struggling Kansas team.

However, for every team that gets their bubble burst, it seems like a new team possibly enters the equation. We just have to win the last two. That’s all there is to it. We’ve got two winnable home games, and if we can’t win those then we don’t belong. We win those, we may even have to win one at MSG.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
This is what we need more of, especially if we lose to Villanova tonight.

The lack of mid-majprs being offered as at-large candidates is striking. How the MVC isn't getting both Drake and Indiana St, or JMU from the Sun Belt at 28-3 with a win over big bad Michigan St, just shows how much the power conferences have already pushed the mid-majors out.

To be brutally honest, if we don’t win tonight, it‘s hard for me to say we truly deserve a bid. I desperately want it, and there are plenty of other shaky teams on the bubble, but this is a game an NCAA-worthy team wins.
I tend to agree bc we’d have lost 3 straight in ugly fashion. We’d only be 5-7 in the BE in our last 12 games (including 3 home losses and 4 road losses by 20+) and our non-conference resume is arguably the worst out there. It’ll feel like yet another collapse.

BUT, it’s all about the Bubble. Hammer DePaul and finishing 19-12, 12-8 with potentially 6 Q1 wins including likely the two highest ranked wins of any Bubble team is compelling.

Reactions: SHUSource
Yes, that probably did them in. Likewise, Kansas State probably blew their last chance to dance by being blown out by a suddenly struggling Kansas team.

However, for every team that gets their bubble burst, it seems like a new team possibly enters the equation. We just have to win the last two. That’s all there is to it. We’ve got two winnable home games, and if we can’t win those then we don’t belong. We win those, we may even have to win one at MSG.
Need to win 2 of the next 3. Could be last 2 regular season or 1-1 and win the quarter final Big East game.

I tend to agree bc we’d have lost 3 straight in ugly fashion. We’d only be 5-7 in the BE in our last 12 games (including 3 home losses and 4 road losses by 20+) and our non-conference resume is arguably the worst out there. It’ll feel like yet another collapse.

BUT, it’s all about the Bubble. Hammer DePaul and finishing 19-12, 12-8 with potentially 6 Q1 wins including likely the two highest ranked wins of any Bubble team is compelling.
That is very compelling — our entire (fair) case is based on it. But if we soil the sheets tonight and ultimately are left out, it’ll also — at least in a vacuum — be fair. Of course, this does not happen in a vacuum.

Reactions: Piratz
I think no matter what happens tonight, (with us beating DePaul big) the winner of the 4-5 game next Thursday will get in the loser-NIT.

And with the remaining schedules I think it will be SJU at the 5

Even though it's their home court, I'd still rather play St Johns than Nova in the BET.

The lack of mid-majprs being offered as at-large candidates is striking. How the MVC isn't getting both Drake and Indiana St, or JMU from the Sun Belt at 28-3 with a win over big bad Michigan St, just shows how much the power conferences have already pushed the mid-majors out.
Indiana State is 26-5. They are 1-3 in Q1 with a 22-point loss to Alabama, 12-point loss to Michigan State and 11-point loss to Drake. They are 20-1 in Q3 and Q4 and 22-2 outside the top 100 plus a non D-I win. Their best OOC win is against No. 132 Toledo.

Drake is 25-6. They are 3-1 in Q1. They split with Indiana State and also have a 19-point win over No. 33 Nevada (easily their best OOC win and opponent). They are 19-2 in Q3 and Q4 and 20-5 outside the top 100 plus a non D-I win.

James Madison is 28-3. They are 1-1 in Q1 with the aforementioned win over Michigan State and a loss to Appalachian State. A second loss to App State is their lone Q2 game. They are 26-1 in Q3 and Q4 plus a non D-I win. They have 22 wins outside the top 200.

I recognize that the quality mid-major programs have difficulty scheduling but JMU especially did themselves no favors in their OOC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT