ADVERTISEMENT

Can Lyons Do Anything

SOSHU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2009
With the Holy Cross situation, Lyons is looking more and more inept. His entire handling of this situation is egregious and is an absolute embarrassment.

LYONS oes need to go but its all of them who have any say. To put a friend ahead of the school that gave you a job? unreal. he is a lightweight in my opinion. Looks half decent because those before him were awful. Not Richie Regan.

Lyons has been the best AD Seton Hall has had in a very very long time. He is not the problem. You guys are putting the cart before the horse. You have no idea what Lyons or the BOR is thinking and all of this may very well end up how we like.

I don't trust anyone at this point. This is gonna be a PR nightmare. Hope they know this is gonna get a lot worse. This will not blow over anytime soon.

We need to move quick now or die....what are the players thinking and will they start jumping ship?

Originally posted by SOSHU:
With the Holy Cross situation, Lyons is looking more and more inept. His entire handling of this situation is egregious and is an absolute embarrassment.
How does Willard pursuing the Holy Cross job in some way reflect in any way on Lyons?

Also, since this is now public knowledge, does anyone have any real info on how far this progressed? Was there an interview process?

So if we make an offer to Calipari , and he declines, would it be an embarrassment for UK?

Well according to the tweet it appears it at least got as far as a deal structure in terms of length of contract.

Originally posted by hbkmyr:
Well according to the tweet it appears it at least got as far as a deal structure in terms of length of contract.
I can't imagine any school would do this, but I guess where I was going is did Holy Cross make a blind offer given KWs affliation through RW? I hope this is completely unrealistic because it would absolve KW from any shady dealings.

Any chance Lyons talked him out of leaving? At the very least, someone should ask him why he decided to stay with SHU. Coaches provide quotes all the time in these cases
This post was edited on 3/18 4:34 PM by statenman

Originally posted by statenman:

Any chance Lyons talked him out of leaving?
Bite your tongue! Goodness, I don't even want to think that is remotely possible!
sick0025.r191677.gif

I'm with jcalz on this one. Let's see what happens after this all plays out. It's tells you a lot that there has been know public backing of Willard by the school. Let things happen especially when most likely a couple of the coaches we would most likely target have teams still playing.

I could certainly see a scenario where, based on their relationship, Lyons allowed Willard to pursue other opportunities before the hammer fell. Or at least I am just hoping that's the case.

Lyons Is the head of the Seton Hall athletic department. Anything done by himself personally or by one of his highest paid employees reflects directly upon him. This present circus is going to reflect badly upon the school. Like it or not all of this will place him in a very negative position.

There are a lot of people throwing words around when they really don't know what is happening. Not that I do, but it is pretty easy to see who is throwing you know what at the wall.

Why don't we let Pat Lyons do his job.

He does it better- by a mile- than any AD or administrator I've ever seen at SHU.

And I used to have tea with Mother Seton. that's how far back I go.

Originally posted by Pirate64:

Why don't we let Pat Lyons do his job.

He does it better- by a mile- than any AD or administrator I've ever seen at SHU.

And I used to have tea with Mother Seton. that's how far back I go.
+1. Patience.

What are we all going to think of Lyons if Willard can not be passed off and is at the helm next year?

Maybe Willard was talking to Holy Cross to leverage another lucrative, multiyear, super secret extension with SHU.

Knowing SHU, maybe they panicked at the thought of losing their young, up and coming head coach and gave him one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT