ADVERTISEMENT

Carino points out

However good she was doing up to this basketball season(and I don’t doubt she has done a number of positive things), she has definitely been caught sleeping on the job of late. It really looks like she expected this March Madness to be business as usual, while other conferences are openly campaigning for a bigger piece of the pie. Being caught unawares like that is not exactly confidence inspiring. Athletically speaking, basketball is what this conference is all about and for her to be MIA - other than a very tepid statement - is not a good look, at all.

This seems like the easiest way in the world to get some credit from your conference:

"We are very proud of Seton Hall, their players, and their coach. Their committment to playing in the NIT showed their competetive spirit. Their excellent play and subsequent championship proved that the NCAA made a mistake in looking them over for March Madness. I speak for all members of the conference when I state that next year we hope to be shown the proper respect for the conference."

This took me all of 40 seconds to write. This lady sucks!

Maybe she wants to commend both SHU and (assuming they win) UConn to tout how well the Big East did in both tourneys

I have not been critical of her handling of the BE NCAA tourney snub, but she should have been at NIT final and also at Final 4 for both UConn teams. Got to support member schools. I know in early rounds of NCAA they showed ACC commish at multiple venues in same weekend supporting his teams.

She not the marketing type. And it’s a shortcoming. She’s a good administrator type.

She's waiting for Dan Hurley and Rick Pitino to talk their shit.

It's obvious she doesn't want to "rock the boat" or "upset the powers that be" (aka P5 schools).

She's waiting for Dan Hurley and Rick Pitino to talk their shit.

It's obvious she doesn't want to "rock the boat" or "upset the powers that be" (aka P5 schools).
And maybe that was her plan, have high profile conference coaches do bitching and moaning in press and she would work behind the scenes with NCAA. But she still should have released harsher statement in support of conference snub.

This seems like the easiest way in the world to get some credit from your conference:

"We are very proud of Seton Hall, their players, and their coach. Their committment to playing in the NIT showed their competetive spirit. Their excellent play and subsequent championship proved that the NCAA made a mistake in looking them over for March Madness. I speak for all members of the conference when I state that next year we hope to be shown the proper respect for the conference."

This took me all of 40 seconds to write. This lady sucks!
Maybe you should email this to her as she obviously needs some help in giving Seton Hall their due recognition! I would hope our AD (though he’s more of a follower than a leader with this sort of stuff, nice guy but needs more of a Jersey attitude) has the balls to call her out on this as well!

Maybe you should email this to her as she obviously needs some help in giving Seton Hall their due recognition! I would hope our AD (though he’s more of a follower than a leader with this sort of stuff, nice guy but needs more of a Jersey attitude) has the balls to call her out on this as well!
She could literally have a chat bot create it.

I have not been critical of her handling of the BE NCAA tourney snub, but she should have been at NIT final and also at Final 4 for both UConn teams. Got to support member schools. I know in early rounds of NCAA they showed ACC commish at multiple venues in same weekend supporting his teams.

I agree with this. Nothing she could do about NCAA selections, despite what the wolves on here wanted, but she has to be front and center supporting conference teams in postseason tournaments. She should have been at Hinkle on Thursday for the NIT, Cleveland on Friday for the women's Final Four.

I believe he will but we’ll never know about it.

I agree with this. Nothing she could do about NCAA selections, despite what the wolves on here wanted, but she has to be front and center supporting conference teams in postseason tournaments. She should have been at Hinkle on Thursday for the NIT, Cleveland on Friday for the women's Final Four.
This. She’s supposed to be the most visible advocate for the league. If there’s success or slights she needs to be front and center timely so the BE is in everyone’s grill.

I’m assuming she’s playing it safe to get another gig. What that would be; no idea.
That could very well be true. If that is the case, then she can leave for her next gig early. To put it in Pirate terminology, we don’t need this conference to be run by the Flying Dutchman. That’s a situation that is only going further hurt us and this conference. This is a crucial time in determining our future. Better she be gone than have one more season go by being led by a spineless, empty suit who has other interests and already has one foot out the door.

I dont like her silence or know what she is doing. If she ignores our snub and nit win and announces a good tv contract i say good job.

The tv contract has to have a piece that puts money directly into each school's NIL collective or direct distribution to the players. Having all amounts go to the conference's and the school's coffers would be sheer stupidity for all involved.

Reactions: thehall07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT