ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Al Amir Dawes MVP

Well deserved. Richmond put up some very good numbers across the board and was often timely, but Dawes was great in all five games. He willed us to victory in that first game against St. Joe’s. Driven. Honestly, for a tournament run, Dawes had to have had one of the most clutch stretches in recent Seton Hall history. The only other high stakes run in recent memory that comes to mind is Whitehead in that BET run.

Just a sensational NIT by Al and a great way to cap his career. Would not have gotten out of the 1st round if he didn't put the team on his back. All told he averaged 21.0 points in the 5 games and hit 19 of 41 (46.3%) from 3.

Had an up and down 2 years but he always played hard, always remained positive and always represented SH well. And he left no doubt that he didn't want to take the uniform off!

Our big three brought it. Don’t forget our enforcer Addae Wusu who was all over the court. He really played well the last month. Kadary ran the show well and Dre seemed to always score when we needed a big bucket. None bigger than the game winner last night.

But Al Dawes wow! Mr Onions! He was truly our MVP during this run. Congrats to him our Energizer.

After last year’s Big East debacle and some harsh criticism (by me among others), it’s a terrific redemption end of career for Al.

He really played hard, didn’t complain and didn’t get flustered. Never see him show negative body language or carry himself with lack of passion.

A true testament to a player that believed in himself and hit just critical buckets time and time again.

Our big three brought it. Don’t forget our enforcer Addae Wusu who was all over the court. He really played well the last month. Kadary ran the show well and Dre seemed to always score when we needed a big bucket. None bigger than the game winner last night.

But Al Dawes wow! Mr Onions! He was truly our MVP during this run. Congrats to him our Energizer.
Great shout out to Wusu. He takes a lot of heat from some fans but he is a warrior.

He really played hard, didn’t complain and didn’t get flustered. Never see him show negative body language or carry himself with lack of passion.
This is such a good point. I never once saw him with negative body language. From my perspective, will go down as one of the all time most underrated Pirates. And possibly the best FT shooter i have seen in Pirate Blue.

THE CARDIAC KID gets it done. I am glad his story ended well because he has made some questionable plays in the past and he had really carried the team through the tournament.

I truly think if he could have stayed all four years with Sha he would have been on a different level then he is now. His improvement just from last year its night and day.

Reactions: chickenbox
Happy for the kid. Hard to believe the same guy who ended last year's BET trying to dribble through DePaul's entire team is now the most clutch player on the roster. Two huge free throws down 5, the game tying 3 pointer, and great M2M defense on the final ISU possession. All within a span of about 2 mins.

The steal for the dunk may have been as important as any single play.
I hope Dylan comes back. He does so many positive things, makes big plays and has a motor that doesn’t stop.

One thing that gets a little overlooked is that he provides some relief for Richmond and Dawes by bringing the ball up as well.

You can bet Avila never wants to hear his name again.

Really stepped up in the tourney.Hope he has a great career internationally.Who knows if he continues to improve his 3 point shot could get a chance at NBA in future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT