ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations from Hawk Hill

That was a hard fought Championship game last night.

There will always be naysayers but.a sold out game and bodies diving on the floor in a one possession win says otherwise.

Very few post season teams win their last game.

Champions are forever.
so wonderfully said, you're a class act jcabrey

There will always be naysayers but.a sold out game and bodies diving on the floor in a one possession win says otherwise.

Champions are forever.
Nice post, and I totally agree. Your Hawks gave us a hell of a game, too.

I'm also a Temple grad, so I can't quite say I hope you win the Big 5 again next year, but if had to be someone else this year, I'm glad it was Saint Joe's.

Reactions: Section112
I remember the first time i saw them play. I asked someone when is that bird gonna stop flapping. They said when the game ends. Whoa!

Champions are forever.
i have numerous posts stating this. i think st joes was the best team we played in the NIT. you had to play on the road in our cardboard box gym. ISU had their perfectly crafted thunder dome and still lost despite key pivotal plays being called by the refs. without the refs its a 15 pt win and ISU likely never stayed in the game.

St Joes was tough and probably would have driven the lane one of the last 4 possessions.

i have numerous posts stating this. i think st joes was the best team we played in the NIT. you had to play on the road in our cardboard box gym. ISU had their perfectly crafted thunder dome and still lost despite key pivotal plays being called by the refs. without the refs its a 15 pt win and ISU likely never stayed in the game.

St Joes was tough and probably would have driven the lane one of the last 4 possessions.
i thought the same. We had several opportunities to blow this game open but as soon as that happened the whistle started blowing.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
i thought the same. We had several opportunities to blow this game open but as soon as that happened the whistle started blowing.
I thought we missed shots and committed charges that were good calls. I have not watched this game yet and thought the refs took our leads. Or had it in for us. Their 2 high scorers had 3 and 4 fouls.

They made shots and plays to comeback from two nice leads. Then they built a 7 pt spread and we beat that one by 2.

Reactions: chickenbox
I thought we missed shots and committed charges that were good calls. I have not watched this game yet and thought the refs took our leads. Or had it in for us. Their 2 high scorers had 3 and 4 fouls.

They made shots and plays to comeback from two nice leads. Then they built a 7 pt spread and we beat that one by 2.
Not sure how you watch good gage ages but see the inconsistency in how it was called at different points. At times they swallowed the whistle and at others they were calling them for breathing too hard. That obviously favored ISU the closer they called it as you could clearly see they didn’t play well when we were able to play physical.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT