ADVERTISEMENT

Elijah and Sanders...

MBF72

All World
Sep 15, 2003
Was that the real Elijah last night? If so, watch out.
And what did Shaheen go off on Sanders about toward the end of the first half? I didn't even know he had been in the game.

St. John’s was pressing on the inbounds and Sanders didn’t come back to get the ball. I think it was Dawes they had pinned and there was nobody else in the backcourt. Sanders got caught napping and Sha (rightly so) sat him down and gave him an earful.

And what did Shaheen go off on Sanders about toward the end of the first half? I didn't even know he had been in the game.
My guess is Sanders didn't space the floor well during the St. Johns press. Sha ripped him a new one.

EHE 3 pointers had nice arc and rotation on the ball. Hate to say it but way better than Richmond's three point shot. Could be our new weapon? Hit a couple of those against Creighton and force Kalkbrenner to come out and guard him leaving the middle open for Richmond!

My guess is Sanders didn't space the floor well during the St. Johns press. Sha ripped him a new one.

EHE 3 pointers had nice arc and rotation on the ball. Hate to say it but way better than Richmond's three point shot. Could be our new weapon? Hit a couple of those against Creighton and force Kalkbrenner to come out and guard him leaving the middle open for Richmond!
I think Sha listened to me, lol! I was pleading for him to let EHE shoot from the perimeter as he proved he could do it at Austin Peay. Opens up the floor if he can knock it down every so often.

I was so impressed with EHE, I hope he gets some more PT now

I have been equally unimpressed with Sanders, I wouldn't include him in the rotation anymore. Tubek and EHE should get some more time
And it looked like Sanders was turning a corner. He has defended better but he looks so lost and uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. And the other thing I can’t understand is when he misses, he misses BAD. It either goes in or he misses everything. He needs some more confidence. He looks like the ultimate team player though and that can’t be understated. I’m rooting for him. If he can consistently find his shot and learn to just play ball, he can be something. Looks to be in better shape than earlier in the season, too.

EHE played great last night. Has a good skill level for a big man, hitting the weight room hard is his biggest thing this offseason imo

Reactions: Section112
EHE a junior so at least one more season. If he can improve his D (he has the right coach for that), he has a shot to be our starting center next season.

Sanders did make a couple big 3's the game prior and has had other moments this year be it with a 3 or a big rebound.
We may need him for more minutes somewhere down the road. Hoping he can gain more confidence. I'm rooting for him!!

He was supposed to be the outlet for the inbound pass because KR was being hounded. He was in the front court and wasn’t able to help with the inbound. Sha was furious and yanked him.
Edit: sorry, didn’t see the previous response.

Sanders knows his role. Let’s not knock the young man for understanding that. His D has improved. He’s proven he can hit some shots. He’s a sophomore with limited playing time. We need people to play their roles and be good teammates about it.

I think Sha listened to me, lol! I was pleading for him to let EHE shoot from the perimeter as he proved he could do it at Austin Peay. Opens up the floor if he can knock it down every so often.
Let's not get carried away. He's 31.4% for his career.

For comparison purposes, Alexis Yetna is (was) a 30.1% career three-point shooter.

It's nice that EHE has it in his tool kit but it probably should used very often.

For comparison purposes, Alexis Yetna is (was) a 30.1% career three-point shooter.

It's nice that EHE has it in his tool kit but it probably should used very often.
1-2 shots per game from 3 from EHE is a lot different than Yetnas baseline corner 3 everytime he touched the ball

Aren’t we saying the same thing? Since when did “every so often” translate to “very often”?

Let it fly every now then. Nothing wrong with that. Clearly Sha agreed as he didn’t just shoot it once, but twice.

Let’s not get carried away and compare EHE to Yetna.

And it looked like Sanders was turning a corner. He has defended better but he looks so lost and uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. And the other thing I can’t understand is when he misses, he misses BAD. It either goes in or he misses everything. He needs some more confidence. He looks like the ultimate team player though and that can’t be understated. I’m rooting for him. If he can consistently find his shot and learn to just play ball, he can be something. Looks to be in better shape than earlier in the season, too.
Might be a solid 4-yr player. Sha has stuck with him, maybe he contributes next year and is a starter as a senior.

Old school college development.

Jacquan Sanders has been part of the rotation all yr, and has made some big shots along the way. I'm rooting for him to continue to contribute as the season progresses
Sanders two 3s against Butler in the first half were huge.

His second 3 was deep and a crowd silencer after Butler had gained momentum. To me, was biggest shot of game as we asserted our toughness.

I don't understand as some other poster mentioned, how his shot can be pure on some attempts and still shoot so many air balls and bad misses- many times in the same game.

Still waiting for a 5 3 game from him. It is coming and will be in a big spot because the kid is a cool customer.

Sanders seems comfortable being a bench player. Until that changes he's not going to see meaningful minutes.

Sanders did make a couple big 3's the game prior and has had other moments this year be it with a 3 or a big rebound.
We may need him for more minutes somewhere down the road. Hoping he can gain more confidence. I'm rooting for him!!
Our best frosh shot an airball on an open three, not the first time. I play Sanders. He made a mistake. IMO, he is becoming more than just a shooter.

And btw, it is not that unusual for us to not handle an inbounds well, with only one guy back to get the inbounds and the team pressuring him.

Reactions: hallwins

Aren’t we saying the same thing? Since when did “every so often” translate to “very often”?

Let it fly every now then. Nothing wrong with that. Clearly Sha agreed as he didn’t just shoot it once, but twice.

Let’s not get carried away and compare EHE to Yetna.
My brain wasn't fully engaged in my above post. It should read "shouldn't be used very often."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT