ADVERTISEMENT

Fu & Myles Mack arrested in paterson

Guess the non working women of paterson weren't too impressed with that israeli league contract

unfortunately, the Patterson police just arrested probably the most law abiding citizen and biggest role model for the kids in the projects and now ruined whatever Fu's chance at getting a call from an nba team this summer. It would have been better in my opinion to throw them in the slammer for a few hours without actually charging them with a crime. A good police officer uses good judgment for the good of the community, and in this case I don't believe it was used. For example, in the town where my office is the police chief tells officers when the pull someone over for a traffic stop, to not go hard on law abiding citizens but to spend time and energy and to search cars where there is a greater chance of drug use and etc..
Hopefully Fu will come out of this a better person and reaches his dreams in the nba.

Reactions: boatshu
unfortunately, the Patterson police just arrested probably the most law abiding citizen and biggest role model for the kids in the projects and now ruined whatever Fu's chance at getting a call from an nba team this summer. It would have been better in my opinion to throw them in the slammer for a few hours without actually charging them with a crime. A good police officer uses good judgment for the good of the community, and in this case I don't believe it was used. For example, in the town where my office is the police chief tells officers when the pull someone over for a traffic stop, to not go hard on law abiding citizens but to spend time and energy and to search cars where there is a greater chance of drug use and etc..
Hopefully Fu will come out of this a better person and reaches his dreams in the nba.
omg

Are you seriously blaming the cops for fu making the decision to break the law? This is what is wrong with this country, there is no accountability for anyone's actions anymore

Actually it was Fu who ruined his chances not the cops. As for them throwing him in the slammer for a few hours without any charges well, that is called kidnapping.

Reactions: SHUMike
The only person to criticize here is Fuq, not the police. Put aside the fact that prostitution is illegal and you run the risk of being arrested but the chance of contracting a ST disease from a street walker is high and there is always the possibility of being exposed to HIV as a high percentage of street walkers are HIV positive. This was just a very bad, dumb decision by Fuq on a number of levels .

Let me add that if convicted Fuq will now have a criminal record which he will have to disclose on any application for a work permit in a foreign country where he would go to play.

Prostitution, like smoking weed, is a victimless crime and should not be illegal, What consenting adults agree to or what an adult puts in their body is their own business.

However it is still illegal and therefore they shouldn't have done this.

A career-breaker, LOL?? Hardly, just a little embarrassing and of course, still wrongly illegal. Pay a fine and move on.

Last edited:
The problem is not prostitution, in itself. The problem is that prostitution is usually directly connected to narcotics, organized crime, guns, extortion, bribery, official corruption and various other crimes.

Another problem is that people who run cities like Paterson and Newark are not serious people. They're simply not serious about stopping crime. They're only interested in politics and getting re-elected. They will do anything and say anything to stay in power.

The article states that officials are making a big deal of saying that it's not Paterson residents soliciting prostitutes. Why the fukc are officials more worried about PR than stopping crime?

So in the sting, most of the Johns were locals.

As for Fu, next time he needs a BJ, he should try taking a woman out to dinner and movie. It's a lot cheaper than having to hire a lawyer and pay a fine.

I just think that Paterson was not one bit safer after taking Fu off the streets. I'm glad the police setup these stings, but for a local kid who was never arrested and just received his college degree, they could have let him go with a warning. And if an NBA scout has a list of a few guys and they have to choose one, it won't be the guy who was arrested for soliciting a prostitute a few weeks prior.

Sitting on vacation checking out nj.com and I see this as the top story. Anything that can go wrong with our coaches, players and program always does. What an embarrassment.

Who cares? Does anyone think that this charge while technically is illegal will effect their lives? Of course the answer is no.

The biggest problem with prostitution today is sex trafficking and to say that it is a victium less crime is just wrong. In point of fact in many European countries where prostition is legal there are serious discussions going on to make it illegal because of the number of women and underage girls being forced into the sex trade.

Reactions: Hoya1987
Dumb, dumb dumb.

The illegality of prostitution is in large what makes it part of that dark underground of other illegal, violent activities. Like who does it harm if two people consent to it? Part of that old "moral code" and hypocrisy we run on.

But it's a law. Clear as day. What Fu did was the height of stupidity.

Unfortunately, while at SHU Fuquan did not get very good formation. We should have an honor code for our team against fornication. My impression is that our players are taught an anything goes morality as long as they show up to class, do their academic work, and go to practice. We need to do a better job at forming the young men and women in our sports programs and in the general student body. Authentic Catholic teaching is liberating; it leads to happiness if followed.

Catholicman, I agree that kids certainly need to be taught some morals but if we have kids sign that clause we will not get one recruit. Try telling a 18-19 year old kid that has testosterone pumping through his veins that he has to stay away from girls. These kids are not arriving on campus pure as the driven snow. Some of them already have kids while in HS.

Showing up for class and meeting academic standards are not very high on the list for basketball players.

Basketball players at Seton Hall University are doing a great job with academics.

Reactions: SHUMatt
I was pretty sure that would be the funniest thing I ever read...
Unfortunately, while at SHU Fuquan did not get very good formation. We should have an honor code for our team against fornication. My impression is that our players are taught an anything goes morality as long as they show up to class, do their academic work, and go to practice. We need to do a better job at forming the young men and women in our sports programs and in the general student body. Authentic Catholic teaching is liberating; it leads to happiness if followed.
...and then that happened.

The biggest problem with prostitution today is sex trafficking and to say that it is a victium less crime is just wrong. In point of fact in many European countries where prostition is legal there are serious discussions going on to make it illegal because of the number of women and underage girls being forced into the sex trade.

I have to call hogwash with this. Women are kidnapped and forced into slavery for many things. It's not prostitution that's the problem; it's the slavery that's the problem. Many women are forced to be maids too, should house-cleaning services be made illegal too?

I have to call hogwash with this. Women are kidnapped and forced into slavery for many things. It's not prostitution that's the problem; it's the slavery that's the problem. Many women are forced to be maids too, should house-cleaning services be made illegal too?
I guess you don't see the difference between someone being forced to perform sex acts and someone being forced to be a house - maid .

Trafficking of women is a huge problem that people don't realize happens in this country all the time. Prostitution is different and is wrong based on religious beliefs that has carried into our laws. But to me Hugh Hefner getting with playmates, or a girl in a bar going home with a guy who drives a Ferrari is no different (morally speaking) than a girl in Patterson who exchanges services with Fu.

I'm sorry for Fu on two levels......Separately, human trafficking is despicable, I think we would all agree. Prostitution is obviously the biggest subset in that group. A prostitute can make a lot more than a maid. It is purely logical to say that anyone who was trafficked and thrown into prostitution is a victim. I'll let you guys argue the nuances in other instances if victim or not. But I will say this, Fu was definitely a victim last night.

I'm sorry for Fu on two levels......Separately, human trafficking is despicable, I think we would all agree. Prostitution is obviously the biggest subset in that group. A prostitute can make a lot more than a maid. It is purely logical to say that anyone who was trafficked and thrown into prostitution is a victim. I'll let you guys argue the nuances in other instances if victim or not. But I will say this, Fu was definitely a victim last night.
Fu was a victim? Of what? The only thing he was a victim of was his own bad decision. He was an actor/criminal. You may not agree with the law or you can minimumize it but that doesn't change the fact that Fu broke the law. I feel bad that his name was smeared all over the internet/news papers for a minor offense. IMO that is punishment enough.

Reactions: HallLine69
Of course its Myles Mack!! thats the kind of behavior associated with good for nothing rutgers!

i actually think prostitution should be legalized and strictly monitored & controlled, but Fu has GOT to be smarter than this. damn shame.
I am with you on both counts. And the statenman post above blaming the cop is utterly ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT