ADVERTISEMENT

Fuquan Edwin doing work tonight for New Orleans Pelicans

Flnj86

All World
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2013
The New Orleans Pelicans 101 Milwaukee Bucks 89 in NBA Summer League game on July10,2015. Fuquan shot 6-11 from the floor which included 2-6 on 3's, 2-2 from the free throw line, 2 Rebs,2 steals, 16 pts in 23 mins of playing time coming off the bench.

Reactions: shupat08
I actually watched the game and Fu played even better than the numbers. He came off the bench in both halfs, but got extended run in the second half, hit a couple drive and pops, stole one out front that led to an easy deuce, hit a big trey when the Bucks were making a late run. But more than that played with great energy and awesome help defense.

Twice, during the second half, the Pelican head coach gave our boy a high five, and there's no doubt his longer minutes were due to his play, not some pre-game script. This team is looking to replace Jimmer Freddette with a guy who can play D and shoot 3s and make the minimum. A couple more good days could get Fu an invite to big boy camp and a real look.

Watch Fuquan Edwin today during a replay of the New Orleans vs Milwaukee Bucks at 12 Noon on NBA TV Channel 216 on Direct TV.

New Orleans Pelicans 90. Dallas Mavericks 86. Fuquan Edwin played 18 mins off the bench and had 14 pts (2nd leading scorer) 4-6 from the floor which included 1-2 on 3's and 5-5 on free throws. He had a highlight nasty put back dunk at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I watched both of these games proudly and had a grin on my face alot of the time b/c as said, Fu was quietly putting in work. He played pretty well all over the court, just like he did for us. He lost his man on a cut once last game, and had a stupid turnover in the 4th quarter, but overall he showed himself really well. That put back was disgusting. Loved it.

I'm crossing my fingers for my man Fu, one of the only bright spots of the Willard era. Great kid, great player, great representative.

seems like Fu is working hard; let's hope all the work pays off for him to get a shot at playing in the NBA.

New Orleans Pelicans 97 Washington Wizards 81. After a 1st round bye the 1st playoff game. Fuquan Edwin played 21 mins off the bench- scored 12 pts,shot 5-9 from the floor which included 2-4 on 3's, 4 Rebs, 1 steal and 1 assist. As a team the N.O. Pelicans shot 4-20 on 3's.

New Orleans Pelicans 100 Golden State Warriors 91 Fuquan Edwin came off the bench and played 21 mins, scored 19 pts- shot 8-12 from the floor, which included 2-4 from 3, 1-1 on Ft's, 3 Rebs, 1 assist,1 block and 2 steals. In 5 games Fuquan is shooting 7-17 on 3's and 16-25 on 2's.

Last edited:
For the first time in this showcase the Pelicans got off to slow start. Seth Curry started the game 1-10.

Enter good ol' Fu, a couple drives for layups, higher energy on defense, and the Pelicans are back on track. He had 14 points in the 1st half to lead all Pelicans.

Great 2 minute stretch in the second half where he had a steal leading to a lay-up, hit a 3 to give the Pels the lead, and got on the floor for a loose ball leading to another Pelican basket.

He's not trying to be a star, jacking up shots, or whatnot. He's playing the exact role The team is trying to fill. I really think the Pels will invite him to real camp.

I saw about 30 seconds of one of the games and fortunately Fu was on the court and put up a shot.

Looked to me the mechanics of his outside shot have been changed. The ball wasn't as high up and behind his head as he shot it while at Seton Hall.

I just have the feeling that Fuq will ultimately make the NBA the same way Adrian Griffin did by putting a couple or three years playing overseas or in other professional leagues and his ability to do a number of things well will ultimately pay off for him.

I saw about 30 seconds of one of the games and fortunately Fu was on the court and put up a shot.

Looked to me the mechanics of his outside shot have been changed. The ball wasn't as high up and behind his head as he shot it while at Seton Hall.
As crazy as it sounds, Fu's best season from 3 had a better percentage than jj Reddick ever had at duke.

Watched the first quarter only, Fu looked good offensively, not so good defensively, glad to hear he picked that aspect up later on.

BTW, that was just some horribly played basketball though, that's why I turned it off after the first quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT