ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs SJU at the Garden

This entire trashy Delco bar is looking at me like I'm nuts watching this game during their billiards league day. I'll take it. Onto Providence! Top 10 on Monday perhaps?

St John's is a different team when they play at the garden. There is an off the chart difference between their three throw percentage.

We got smacked in the face early and the team showed what they were made of.

Steel balls!

Reactions: Section112
They are a very good defensive team. Tip the cap to Anderson on that. Hard fought win.

Having to play on the road against a hungry and desperate Mike Anderson-coached '40 minutes of hell' St. John's squad after coming off a big road win vs. a Top 5 squad, this had the makings of a potential letdown / trap game. Huge win.

Reactions: Seton00
Too many on here that are of little faith, you know who you are.
Its not about faith, its about hope. I am one of those but my mentality is that im proven wrong often, so if i put it out in the universe ill be proven wrong again.

My hope today was that sju would hurt themselves in the 2nd half too.

Impressive comeback. Nice job in second half with limiting turnovers. Team has guts. 6-0. Great job.

Have this DVR'ed because of my kids game.

From a quick read of the thread and glancing at the box score, it seems like Anderson's gang defended their tail off in the first half and gave us all kinds of problems, but in the second half we handled the pressure much better and the difference, as usual, was we had Myles Powell and they didn't have anyone to get buckets late.

That about right from those who watched or were there?

Interesting aside - I may be wrong, but I thought I saw in a past SJU game (maybe Prov?) that SJU was undefeated this year when they scored 70+. If so, even better job by our guys.

Seriously???

Pretty accurate Dehere 23. Powell on offense and Gill on defense in second half. Others contributed as well (quincy, Cale and Samuels) Limited turnovers. That led to come back. Plus, good free throw shooting down stretch. Enjoy watching it. Skip to second half. ;)

Last edited:
Great adjustments by Willard and the players to handle the press and apply our own press to St Johns to slow them down and take them out of their rhythm. We simply out toughed them on the boards, defensively, at the foul line, driving the lane in the second half and Powell broke out along with Gil and Q. Had some big time help from Cale and Samuel this game as Rhoden was in foul trouble. Another team win and gutty win away again. These guys do not quit!

What bar???

Dude I tried to @ you before that I was down in your area with the post about betting at Harrahs last night but you didn't catch it lol. Burgundy Lounge in Ridley, my girl lives down there so I'm down that way a lot. Today was a last minute bar trip at halftime since she has no cable and the antenna kept dropping the signal. I'm home now but Next time I'm down there for a weekend and there's a Hall game on we gotta meet up somewhere to watch it. I'll buy you a beverage then there will be 3 crazy Hall fans in the bar. (Converting my non-Sports fan gf is a work in progress but blue is her favorite color so we got something to work with, she's one of us now by default)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT