ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye GIbbs

Not unexpected. Why would he stay here when he can go somewhere else, play for a top coach and play in an NCAA Tournament? Will have a dozen schools at minimum to choose from. Hope it works out for him.

Alex Kline broke the news on Twitter:

BREAKING: Seton Hall's Sterling Gibbs will transfer & will be eligible immediately.

UConn and West Virginia seem like possible suitors.

Why would anyone root for Gibbs to get hurt? The kid earned his degree from SHU. He will always be a SHU alum, have some dignity.

Screw him, he walked away from the Seton Hall family that kissed his ass since he got here.

What's really frustrating is 2015-16 was our last shot at relevance for a while). We all knew what should have been done with regards to the coach in March, but now we'll have to delay the inevitable for another season without even having the prospects of a fun 2015 to look forward to. The teardown is gonna be uglier this time next year than it would have been this season.

The kid got his degree and played his ass off while he was here. I am sure the way the staff handled him while he was here played into this decision.

Not unexpected. Why would he stay here when he can go somewhere else, play for a top coach and play in an NCAA Tournament? Will have a dozen schools at minimum to choose from. Hope it works out for him.

Alex Kline broke the news on Twitter:

BREAKING: Seton Hall's Sterling Gibbs will transfer & will be eligible immediately.
Certainly no one can say they are surprised by this decision nor can anyone fault Sterling for making the decision he did.

This isn't on Gibbs this is on the joke of a coach we have. Can we get rid of him now please. What f ing else is needed

Would you rather play for Mike Brey or Kevin Willard? Everything else is just noise. How soon until Flnj86 adjusts his prediction for next year from Top 3 to Top 4 after this news?

I've been telling you guys he was gone!!! He was looking at Ohio St. and UCONN... Now I guess ND did a package deal!

I am sad to see him go but I think it was silly to believe he was staying. If we get a decent third guard, I am OK with our backcourt and running a different offense. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but give the ball to the sophs and show me what you got.

3 days before Pirate Blue Donation matching day. As if it wasn't going to be challenging enough to surpass the goal this year. Ouch.

I know Sterling. He is a good kid. I wish him the best of luck. He played well for SHU and represented the University well with the exception of one night at Nova. I don't blame him one bit. He got his degree and it's time to move on. Plus who can blame him? He can now play for a real coach who can motivate, teach, coach, design inbound plays,and teach kids to box out. he will choose a school with a real chance to make the NCAA's.

Here is also the opportunity for the Willard lap boys to start the excuses. If we only had Gibbs we would be in the tourney. If we only had Auda.

If we only had a coach who saw the possibilities of these things happening. If most of us saw it comming this bum of a coach should have seen it also. He should have recruited a guard who can contribute right away not another diamond in the rough from Cali that no one else wanted.

I know Sterling. He is a good kid. I wish him the best of luck. He played well for SHU and represented the University well with the exception of one night at Nova. I don't blame him one bit. He got his degree and it's time to move on. Plus who can blame him? He can now play for a real coach who can motivate, teach, coach, design inbound plays,and teach kids to box out. he will choose a school with a real chance to make the NCAA's.

Here is also the opportunity for the Willard lap boys to start the excuses. If we only had Gibbs we would be in the tourney. If we only had Auda.

If we only had a coach who saw the possibilities of these things happening. If most of us saw it comming this bum of a coach should have seen it also. He should have recruited a guard who can contribute right away not another diamond in the rough from Cali that no one else wanted.

I knew this was coming for awhile. Gibbs has no use for willard or this coaching staff. I wish Sterling the best next season. He deserves to be on a winning team without all the SHU bullshit.

Here we go! Threats by people about not renewing season tickets when they're not season ticket holders to begin with. Season ticket deposit requests went out over a week ago.

Love it, he was a model student/athlete except for the time he punched a player in the face.....

Love it, he was a model student/athlete except for the time he punched a player in the face.....
It certainly wasn't his brightest moment, but I think he had built up enough capital during his time here - as a person, I mean - to frame that Arcidiacono incident as an aberration. The total picture still paints him as a good kid, as ugly as that was.

Here we go! Threats by people about not renewing season tickets when they're not season ticket holders to begin with. Season ticket deposit requests went out over a week ago.
I have been a season ticket holder since I graduated in 1989. I have not received my season renewals. I do have to really think long and hard whether I will renew.

It certainly wasn't his brightest moment, but I think he had built up enough capital during his time here - as a person, I mean - to frame that Arcidiacono incident as an aberration. The total picture still paints him as a good kid, as ugly as that was.
Just like Mobley, Sterling had a history of chippy play. We ignored it cause we liked them both, and their coach never reigned them in. He was a good player, and began this season at an amazing clip. But he built up no capital with me.

i'm a season ticket holder and I have gotten nothing in the mailten nothing

I have been a season ticket holder since the Continental Airlines Arena days and I have received nothing in the mail. Maybe my mailman felt so bad for me that he delivered them to another house.

Good for him. Once he's safely ensconced at his new school I hope he tells the world the truth about what really went on at Seton Hall this year.

Reactions: pirated
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT