ADVERTISEMENT

Groundbreaking

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
You are invited to the official groundbreaking for the new Basketball Practice Facility at Seton Hall University.

The Basketball Practice Facility will include a new basketball court, locker rooms, lounges, offices, sports medicine room, strength and conditioning room, film room and more.

After the groundbreaking, be sure to stop by Walsh Gymnasium for open practice! The Women's Basketball team will take the court at 12:00 p.m., and the Men's Basketball team are up next at 12:45 p.m.! No registration is required, so come see your Pirates in action before the season begins!

Saturday, October 14, 2023

(Seton Hall Weekend)

10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Groundbreaking

Noon - 12:45 p.m. - Women's Basketball Open Practice

12:45 - 1:30 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

Richie Regan Recreation & Athletic Center

Good to finally see “ shovels in the ground “ on our new practice facility . Long overdue but kudos to all those who made it happen.

Reactions: thehall07
Two years late but at least we have it going now !
We are a solid 7/8 years behind (not two) but I agree it's great to see it getting started!

EDIT: Important to note that although we are 7/8+ years behind our peers on the basketball facility, the university has been very busy investing in other projects - bethany hall, the baseball field, the university center, etc. Money doesn't grow on trees at a small private college.

Last edited:
Two years late but at least we have it going now !
Until Seton Hall got permission from South Orange there was nothing the school could have done. The month that the permission was secured in late spring I noted that SHU would break ground in the early fall. Which they are doing.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I don’t think that people appreciate how difficult it is for SH to get approval from the Village of South Orange for anything that involves construction on the campus..Give credit to the Administration for staying the course and now the practice facility groundbreaking is almost upon us.

I don’t think that people appreciate how difficult it is for SH to get approval from the Village of South Orange for anything that involves construction on the campus..Give credit to the Administration for staying the course and now the practice facility groundbreaking is almost upon us.
We need to get more Seton Hall people living and voting in South Orange. That’s the only way things will change.

You are invited to the official groundbreaking for the new Basketball Practice Facility at Seton Hall University.

The Basketball Practice Facility will include a new basketball court, locker rooms, lounges, offices, sports medicine room, strength and conditioning room, film room and more.

After the groundbreaking, be sure to stop by Walsh Gymnasium for open practice! The Women's Basketball team will take the court at 12:00 p.m., and the Men's Basketball team are up next at 12:45 p.m.! No registration is required, so come see your Pirates in action before the season begins!

Saturday, October 14, 2023

(Seton Hall Weekend)

10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Groundbreaking

Noon - 12:45 p.m. - Women's Basketball Open Practice

12:45 - 1:30 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

Richie Regan Recreation & Athletic Center
This email went out to all season ticket holders and Pirate Blue contributors. Good to see it happening.

Monday I requested 8 extra tickets to the SHU vs RU game as a season ticket holder. I was told that this YEAR - 6 tickets was the limit. I usually purchased 10 but I never resold and always bought all SHU fans For free. Kind of a head scratcher But they must have their reasons.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Monday I requested 8 extra tickets to the SHU vs RU game as a season ticket holder. I was told that this YEAR - 6 tickets was the limit. I usually purchased 10 but I never resold and always bought all SHU fans For free. Kind of a head scratcher But they must have their reasons.
One would think they would want to sell as many tickets as possible. I am sure there is another Seton Hall season ticket holder on this site that can buy some tickets for you. But, it may be a challenge to get them next to your tickets.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
A
its possible last year they ran out of tickets and some season ticket holders couldn’t get any extras. In an effort to remedy that they could be capping at 6. Pure speculation on my part.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
If you haven't already, you should reach out to Collin Bruning (collin.bruning@shu.edu) in the Ticket Office.

He's always been very accommodating to me when I've worked with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT