ADVERTISEMENT

How to Lure Gregg Marshall (and no, not to Seton Hall)

My key takeways - coach where you loved and where you are going to win.

That latter will produce the former. The latter is what we thought was in our grasp in the NBE and it slipped miserably at the hands of this incompetent and arrogant coach. This is what management has to fix.

Seems to be the same thing with Shaka Smart at VCU. Guy makes ~$2mm+/year in Richmond VA and is the absolute man there. He could have had many high profile jobs (UCLA) if he wanted them but is happy (and successful at VCU). Good for them.

Interesting article. And after reading it, the first thought that comes to mind is, if Barnes' Texas team flames out in the NCAA Tourney -- a distinct possibility -- then I can very easily see Texas making a big run at Gregg Marshall this offseason.

Shaka Smart and him both can basically build programs from nothing into ones that have national prominence. Throw Mark Few in there too.

I think maybe they saw the cautionary tale of Gonzaga's coach that first took them to the elite eight (think he last name was Munson). After he got fired/left Minnesota not sure he got another job in a major conference.

deleted. the wikipedia page states it better than I could, lol.

This post was edited on 3/18 2:19 PM by hbkmyr

Originally posted by Piratz:

Now at Long Beach State.

Monsoned out in the middle of nowhere.
laugh.r191677.gif

I looked that coach up on Wiki as well as a few other great, good, fair as well as "bad coaches". When I looked up KW I cringed when I saw his .333 BE record, but I was shocked when I saw at Iona he had a .500 record in the MAAC and a losing regular season record. What is even more telling is in all his years with Iona, his team ALWAYS declined in February.

I know that the post Gonzo era did not bring many coaches who wanted to come here, and I can only hope that from now until our next coach is hired we have a decent enough roster where we can get a good coach who wont have to start again at the bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT