ADVERTISEMENT

Important: The SHU players are playing tonight at Hun

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Just changed the title of the headline. The players are NOW PLAYING.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan! Saved me a trip. Any reason?
Mike, because I was told the players were not going to play I canceled my ride with my friend. It's a long trip for us.

If you go please post your thoughts here tomorrow. I know we're all anxious to see Gordon and Anderson play.

Okay, I'll definitely post if I go. I actually told my friends that it was off. I'll see if they're still interested.

we are? do you just mean your group of friends? b/c there's a huge segment of fans that feel zero buzz for this season's team, and neither of those newcomers are going to do much to change that imo. We're going to be a bad, bad team this season.

we are? do you just mean your group of friends? b/c there's a huge segment of fans that feel zero buzz for this season's team, and neither of those newcomers are going to do much to change that imo. We're going to be a bad, bad team this season.
I am. Particularly Gordon. And I'm no friend of Dan's. ;)

I'm over the Willard anger. We have no control over it at this point. Looking forward to seeing what the sophomores can accomplish now that it's their team. We may not be very good, but there is talent worth watching and supporting.

Reactions: hall_fan
Ho Hum. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Yeah Bobbie, you and about 10 of your fellow posters on this board. There is many more SHU fans that are looking forward to this season.

im looking forward to this season because its one more year till Willards novice butt is outta here. I'll only have to watch my players cry after being constantly waxed by dog doo teams for ONE MORE YEAR! Really gotta hit the lows, and i mean lows, to hit the highs!

I am looking forward to this season & do think we will be a good team. I think too many here over estimated what a Freshman dominated team would do last year. Players usually do get better with experience and a healthy Whitehead will make a big difference.

Tom K

I am looking forward to this season & do think we will be a good team. I think too many here over estimated what a Freshman dominated team would do last year. Players usually do get better with experience and a healthy Whitehead will make a big difference.

Tom K
I don't know what to expect next year but I tend to agree with both your points. The young players will improve. I think the final four freshman won about 10 games in their first season. Last year we got off to such an unexpected great start that expectations got way out of line. Still losing 9/10 down the stretch is not good.

I don't know what to expect next year but I tend to agree with both your points. The young players will improve. I think the final four freshman won about 10 games in their first season. Last year we got off to such an unexpected great start that expectations got way out of line. Still losing 9/10 down the stretch is not good.

Expectations should be high this season as we have a very young but talented team. If we can't win at least 18 of our games this year (8 of those in conference) than to me it was not a successful season. Of course this depends on our out-of-conference foes.

Year six. A very modest goal is .500 in the league. And to me that should be the absolute minimum.

Should also aspire to make the Dance. Again, year 6 and again a modest goal.

I asked on your other thread, how is the league and the Hun environment? Is there AC? Hopefully someone can respond as no one did on my other request. I've thought about going down from Union County one night to watch Mike Williams and D J Foreman play to see how they are progressing for RU. I would of course like to verify before traveling that they will be playing as it is a somewhat long trip. Any info is appreciated.

Reactions: Belluno

Where was the great start? It certainly wasn't the out of conference schedule where we did not beat anyone with a pulse. And when the Hall did play a good team we got killed by Wichita St and Georgia.

So, the only good start was the first two games of the Big East. Just an aberration. If you look at the season as a whole, besides the first two Big East games against St John's and Villanova, The Hall lost to every decent and better team it faced. That my friends is a very poor season.

I asked on your other thread, how is the league and the Hun environment? Is there AC? Hopefully someone can respond as no one did on my other request. I've thought about going down from Union County one night to watch Mike Williams and D J Foreman play to see how they are progressing for RU. I would of course like to verify before traveling that they will be playing as it is a somewhat long trip. Any info is appreciated.
From a poster on the Trove who attended the games....

.........guard dominated, little defense, some nice plays etc. Very hot, no air.

Bryan Caver asked us to tell all SHU people to come down and support the league. Great guy.

Where was the great start? It certainly wasn't the out of conference schedule where we did not beat anyone with a pulse. And when the Hall did play a good team we got killed by Wichita St and Georgia.

So, the only good start was the first two games of the Big East. Just an aberration. If you look at the season as a whole, besides the first two Big East games against St John's and Villanova, The Hall lost to every decent and better team it faced. That my friends is a very poor season.

Who said it was a good season? I said losing 9 of 10 down the stretch is not good. Starting 13-3, winning the schools first pre-season tournament in decades (if you were there you would know what a great experience it was), beating StJ and Nova, being ranked as high as #19 while relying on 5 freshmen or first year players in your top 8 rotation is a great start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT