ADVERTISEMENT

It's Good to be Back!

49ers10

All Big East
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2006
It’s good to be back! Hello to all my fellow Seton Hall posters who like me, all bleed Pirate Blue. A few of you are aware of the medical challenges I have overcome for approximately the past 10 years. Although there will be additional challenges in the future, I am confident I will meet all head-on, continue to overcome them and continue forward with my day-to-day living.

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank all who posted their thoughts regarding my recent hospitalization, it really meant a lot to me. Additionally, I sometimes make some unpopular and controversial statements in my postings and have some heated written debates with some of you, but in the end I know that we all want the best for our coaches, our players and everyone associated with Seton Hall Men’s Basketball. In my opinion, all of you are part of the best men’s college basketball fan base.

Additionally, I would like state my sincere heartfelt appreciation to the Seton Hall Basketball Family, again as in the past went overboard during my difficult times. First, I would like to acknowledge Pat Lyons who, despite his busy schedule took the time to contact me multiple times; I was told by others that he was very concerned and spoke about me quite often. Pat is a rare individual who, in addition to what he has done for me regarding men’s basketball, has done additional things for me which are very personal and I will not make comments here; suffice to say that Pat is a true friend who is always there for me. Pat is a superb AD and although I did not comment at the time, some of the things that were posted about him on our message boards were simply not factual. We are lucky to have him as our AD and we need him to continue to be our AD in the future.

I realize the following will not be a popular statement however, it mirrors what I stated about Pat Lyons many of the things said and written about our Head Coach Kevin Willard. simple are not true and it is beyond me where or why they were started however, I know they do not help or, shine a good light on our program. Coach has contacted me numerous times and again what was said is very personal and I cannot go into details in this forum. I am only stating how he treats me and I reciprocate. Additionally, I am well-aware that what I think about him as our Head Basketball is not shared by most of you; however, he will be our Men’s Basketball Coach next season, he has my full support, and hopefully will right the ship, it is critical that he is successful for the future of the program.

Again, to return to what I stated about the Seton Hall Basketball Family, at various times during my hospitalization, I was contacted by the following individuals, the aforementioned Pat Lyons and Kevin Willard, Shaheen Holloway, Steve Sauers and I was shocked when I was contacted by Aaron Geramipoor and Pat Auda, both calling me from Europe; both of whom recently completed very successful seasons and competed well in their playoffs. I received some additional calls at a time when I was kind of out-of-it. I was overwhelmed, humbled, surprised, etc. by all the attention given to me.

Once again, thank you to all who took the time to comment on this message board, called me, etc. during my difficult time. I feel that the love shown helped in my speedy recovery. Thank you and, GO PIRATES!

Welcome back. I agree with your comments regarding Pat Lyons,Kevin Willard and the Seton Hall Basketball Program. I will be watching the Team and rooting for all the players and coaches to have a great season, making the NCAA Tournament.

Welcome back Paul. Glad you're feelings better and never apologize for stating your opinions.

Well said Paul. So many times we have trouble separating the person from the job.

Great to have you back and you will always have your friends support as you continue to fight and conquer your health concerns.

Welcome back Paul hope to see you at the "Rock" this season.

Welcome back you were missed. A very wise man a long time ago said that life is a journey and he was right . It is a journey filled with success and disappointment, joy and sadness but most of all with great challenges and obstacles . I'm sure you've learned , as many of us have , that that journey is made better and the challenges easier to face with the support of family and friends and always know that the members of the Seton Hall extended family will continue to wish you well and support you in facing your health challenges.

49ers, hope your recovery is speedy and complete. Here's hoping your return and testimony will mark a more positive form of criticism from our fellow posters and fans.

Welcome back. Just remember to take it slow during the 2015-16 as that team will likely be a source of stress for all of us. I plan on visiting my doctor right before the season starts.

It’s good to be back! Hello to all my fellow Seton Hall posters who like me, all bleed Pirate Blue. A few of you are aware of the medical challenges I have overcome for approximately the past 10 years. Although there will be additional challenges in the future, I am confident I will meet all head-on, continue to overcome them and continue forward with my day-to-day living.

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank all who posted their thoughts regarding my recent hospitalization, it really meant a lot to me. Additionally, I sometimes make some unpopular and controversial statements in my postings and have some heated written debates with some of you, but in the end I know that we all want the best for our coaches, our players and everyone associated with Seton Hall Men’s Basketball. In my opinion, all of you are part of the best men’s college basketball fan base.

Additionally, I would like state my sincere heartfelt appreciation to the Seton Hall Basketball Family, again as in the past went overboard during my difficult times. First, I would like to acknowledge Pat Lyons who, despite his busy schedule took the time to contact me multiple times; I was told by others that he was very concerned and spoke about me quite often. Pat is a rare individual who, in addition to what he has done for me regarding men’s basketball, has done additional things for me which are very personal and I will not make comments here; suffice to say that Pat is a true friend who is always there for me. Pat is a superb AD and although I did not comment at the time, some of the things that were posted about him on our message boards were simply not factual. We are lucky to have him as our AD and we need him to continue to be our AD in the future.

I realize the following will not be a popular statement however, it mirrors what I stated about Pat Lyons many of the things said and written about our Head Coach Kevin Willard. simple are not true and it is beyond me where or why they were started however, I know they do not help or, shine a good light on our program. Coach has contacted me numerous times and again what was said is very personal and I cannot go into details in this forum. I am only stating how he treats me and I reciprocate. Additionally, I am well-aware that what I think about him as our Head Basketball is not shared by most of you; however, he will be our Men’s Basketball Coach next season, he has my full support, and hopefully will right the ship, it is critical that he is successful for the future of the program.

Again, to return to what I stated about the Seton Hall Basketball Family, at various times during my hospitalization, I was contacted by the following individuals, the aforementioned Pat Lyons and Kevin Willard, Shaheen Holloway, Steve Sauers and I was shocked when I was contacted by Aaron Geramipoor and Pat Auda, both calling me from Europe; both of whom recently completed very successful seasons and competed well in their playoffs. I received some additional calls at a time when I was kind of out-of-it. I was overwhelmed, humbled, surprised, etc. by all the attention given to me.

Once again, thank you to all who took the time to comment on this message board, called me, etc. during my difficult time. I feel that the love shown helped in my speedy recovery. Thank you and, GO PIRATES!

Welcome back!!!!

Welcome back. I'm glad you are feeling better. Best of luck for a full recovery.

Although there will be additional challenges in the future, I am confident I will meet all head-on, continue to overcome them and continue forward with my day-to-day living.
....GO PIRATES!

Thank you, Lord!!!!

Welcome back!!!!

No one should question the staff's hearts.

All of the of people who reached out to Paul and are listed above by him have read his post. They did what they did to show Paul love and support and not to have their names leaked to the fan base. But since Paul mentioned them it was only right for them to read his response.

One final thought. Arron Geramipoor's sister, who BTW is a very attractive young lady met Paul during her brother's last season at the Hall. They struck up a very nice friendship and when she heard about Paul being hospitalized she called him from England to buoy his spirits.

Welcome back. what is important is that you get, and feel better...and judging by your post....you are back indeed!

Spoke to Paul today. In the past 24 hours he has gotten calls at home from Lyons, Willard, Holloway and Geramipoor.

Shows how special he is to so many at the Hall.

Reactions: SHUSource
I am not sure it was mentioned however, in addition to continuing to hear from the individuals previously stated; I was contacted by Dan McHale. Dan was recently named the new Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Eastern Kentucky. I am confident that Dan will continue with his basketball successes at his new position, good luck Dan on your new well-deserved head coaching position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT