ADVERTISEMENT

JaganMosley

Fzacsattac

All American
Sep 22, 2013
2016 guard Jagan Mosely from St. Anthony's NJ committed to Georgetown. Another off the board!

Are you kidding! Look who's at the helm. Lol

We also lost on Rodney Miller to Miami tonight......and the beat goes on....

You are not very knowledgeable Seton Hall fans or you do not follow recruiting, Seton Hall has one scholarship to give at this time, they have priority recruits they have been following for sometime. Another ship could open up down the road. All schools put out more offers than they have ships available and they also have their main targets. Your ignorance is funny. LOL

If your priority recruits are still available then you do not give out your only ship on another player. If you do not understand this concept, then you are lost.

Seton Hall is in no position to turn down Mosley or Miller. Would've taken them in a heartbeat.

Reactions: shupat08
Isaiah Whitehead chose to play basketball at Seton Hall not Georgetown. Jagan Mosely is a very good player but Seton Hall has their eyes on other recruits.

Isaiah Whitehead chose to play basketball at Seton Hall not Georgetown. Jagan Mosely is a very good player but Seton Hall has their eyes on other recruits.
We will be looking at the transfer list for our recruits come spring. We are not getting aikens or Powell. Nothing will change recruiting wise until Willard is gone. This has to be one of the slowest SHU recruiting periods I have witnessed in 30 yrs. we have no heat with any top 200 kids. Our assistants are keeping us on some lists but we lead for no one of interest. Better to focus on what could be a decent season for us on the court if Willard doesn't mess up the chemistry yet again.

Whitehead chose Seton Hall because we gave his high school coach an assistant coaching position. You convienently left that out.

Reactions: shupat08
247 site had Jagan Mosely to Harvard, no mention of Georgetown. Did not have Rodney Miller to Miami.

You are not very knowledgeable Seton Hall fans or you do not follow recruiting, Seton Hall has one scholarship to give at this time, they have priority recruits they have been following for sometime. Another ship could open up down the road. All schools put out more offers than they have ships available and they also have their main targets. Your ignorance is funny. LOL
Jedi warrior you show the brilliance of Yoda!

Georgetown gets commitment from three-star Class of 2016 shooting guard
Scott Phillips

Aug 10, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT

Georgetown added its first commitment in the Class of 2016 on Monday night as Rivals 150 shooting guard Jagan Mosely pledged to the Big East program.

The 6-foot-2 shooting guard hails from basketball powerhouse St. Anthony in New Jersey and he’s regarded as the No. 115 overall prospect in the Class of 2016, according to Rivals.

I'm BLESSED to announce that i'll be accepting a full scholarship to Georgetown University ! http://t.co/lSImD7hCpJ pic.twitter.com/yW3YYwpPyg

A well-rounded guard who can do a bit of everything, Mosely played with the Playaz Basketball Club in the Nike EYBL this spring and produced as part of a talented three-guard lineup. Sharing the ball with talented players like Notre Dame pledge Temple Gibbs and high-major prospect Myles Powell, Mosely averaged 11.6 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game on 49 percent field-goal shooting in 20 games this spring and summer.

Although Mosely was only 30 percent from 3-point range this spring and summer, he was 4-for-9 (44 percent) at Peach Jam this summer.

Who was that St As guard, a MCD AA, who committed to GU years ago - mid 90s? - and then shockingly did not have a productive career?

To sum up recruiting news that affected us directly in just the past seven 3 players we offered committed elsewhere in Rose, Miller and Mosely and two others Ponds and Akins removed us from consideration but don't worry according to Finj86 we've still involved with our priority targets.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Seton Hall won't get a player from St.Anthony's as long as the current assistants are employed.

Reactions: PirateDave01
FLNJ, so Mosley can play at Gtown but not Seton Hall? Hahah delusional
Having just seen Jagan Mosely play in three games in the last 2 weeks at the Hamilton Park (JC) high school league my opinion on his play is that he is a tough physical guard who can play D (you don't play for Mr Hurley unless you do). He seems more of an off guard than a point because of his ok handle. Very strong going to the basket but his outside shot seems a bit inconsistent. Nice kid who is not only intelligent on the court but also in the classroom. If he came to SHU next year he probably take Gordon's spot because both Whitehead and Carrington (if they both return) are probably better than him. Would definitely be a nice player(low maintenance) coming off the bench. I believe his commitment to Georgetown is more a blow to Rutgers than it is to SHU. My souces tell me that the SHU coaching staff although probably disappointed at the timing of this commitment believe that at this moment there are recruits that they are involved with that are better fits for the program.

I have no doubt there are players out there who are better fits or options for us but isn't the question whether we have a legitimate chance of signing them.

Yeah but that will be in the spring after 95% of the good players have committed.
Yes that's right SPK but the atmosphere in college bb has changed in recent years since this year some 700 or more players have transferred from their previous schools in this year alone. So who knows what will be available in the spring although this is not the way I would like to go.

The pool of talent available from the ever- increasing number of transfers has become a valuable tool in tecruiting and it's now ingrained in the college recruiting landscape and I see nothing wrong with using it. Just in the 2015 class you had BE schools like Nova, GT, Creighton, Butler, Marquette, SJU and SH add transfers .

The pool of talent available from the ever- increasing number of transfers has become a valuable tool in tecruiting and it's now ingrained in the college recruiting landscape and I see nothing wrong with using it. Just in the 2015 class you had BE schools like Nova, GT, Creighton, Butler, Marquette, SJU and SH add transfers .

Absolutely true (to my chagrin) but what does that have to do with recruiting now??

Absolutely true (to my chagrin) but what does that have to do with recruiting now??
SPK ,
My response was in regard to Bayonne's comment regarding transfers and to indicate that just because a player you heavily recruited decides to go elsewhere that doesn't mean that player might not transfer back to you ala Gibbs . About a year and a half ago I read an interesting article talking about how the high transfer rate was affecting programs both positively and negatively. In that story it quoted an unnamed assistant coach from a power five school who actively follow players they recruited but lost to other schools where they are confident that the player made a bad choice and there was a reasonable chance he would ultimately wind up transferring and they wanted to make sure they were considered if he decided to transfer. I know you're not a fan of transfer but it is part of the new reality in college BB recruiting and transfers not only represent almost 1/4 of our roster but also represent almost 1/4 of the players we lost from last year who had not used up their eligibility.( Gibbs, Sina, Ajou).

What hallgrad 80 and I are saying is that although 95% of the good HS recruits will probably be gone it does not mean that there won't be any good talent around in the spring. As I stated before this seems to be the way of college recruiting now whether we like it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT