ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary needs the ball in his hands starting every possession

JTSHU

All American
Feb 9, 2015
Waaay too many posessions where he gives it up and drops to the corner, leavimg Al or wusu in charge of making a play as.the shot clock winds down. My question is why???Al and wusu are not decision makers. We already struggle when kadary goes to the bench w foul trouble. Kadary needs to be the point guard amd stay agressive for 40 minutes.

They are also turnover machines.

But I think they do it to "rest" KR. He can't go to the basket and get crushed on every possession.

Reactions: shupat08
Can still penetrate for mid range jumpers, penetrate kick amd move the ball. We rarely do it much. The over reliance of 1 on 1 all the time is brutal to watch

This is what happens when you struggle offensively...

Turnovers per game

Assists per game

You didn't know. He's a baby and a prima dona. He never gets "crushed" according to a bunch of posters here.
He doesnt get a good call. IMO, the refs assume the contact is gonna happen and let it go, like they assumed he was gonna foul someone Wed nite when they called his second foul.

Seems to me that he complains to the refs and they hold it against him. For whatever reason, he doesn't get a great whistle.

I do think we need to feed him in the post sometimes.

Reactions: Section112
The ball sticks too many times with the dribbler and that includes Kadary. Part of our offense is to move the ball. It also relies on players doing the right thing and too often Addae-Wusu has the ball at the end of the shot clock and chucks up a three that almost always misses.

I'm OK with promoting ball movement and Kadary and passing the ball early. But if there are 10 second left in the clock the ball has to be in Kadary's hands or Dawes or Dre's. Those three can create. Addae Wusu's shooting is terrible and he has to stop chucking up threes.

Kadary also has to want the ball and call for it. He needs to step up at this juncture in the season and want us to ride him. I never got that feeling against Creighton that he had that attitude. The foul trouble had a lot to do with that and he got a terrible whistle.

Big picture, we won't win any games if our defense plays that way. If you can't get stops, no one single effort is gonna mean anything.

Reactions: chickenbox
The ball sticks too many times with the dribbler and that includes Kadary. Part of our offense is to move the ball. It also relies on players doing the right thing and too often Addae-Wusu has the ball at the end of the shot clock and chucks up a three that almost always misses.

I'm OK with promoting ball movement and Kadary and passing the ball early. But if there are 10 second left in the clock the ball has to be in Kadary's hands or Dawes or Dre's. Those three can create. Addae Wusu's shooting is terrible and he has to stop chucking up threes.

Kadary also has to want the ball and call for it. He needs to step up at this juncture in the season and want us to ride him. I never got that feeling against Creighton that he had that attitude. The foul trouble had a lot to do with that and he got a terrible whistle.

Big picture, we won't win any games if our defense plays that way. If you can't get stops, no one single effort is gonna mean anything.
Definitely. The ball sticks. But the Kadary drives and the Al pullups are a big part of the offense too. Re Creighton, he did seem reluctant to take over. Sha doesnt want the traditional PG set up. He encourages more of the guys to handle and take it up.

Re ten seconds, DEFINATELY!!! So often the ball has been with Dylan at 10 seconds, he is covered (and we know a shot clock violation or a prayer is gonna happen), dribbles for 5, and then makes a pass and we are dead in the water. Kadary, go get the ball! And we seem to not go to the passer when he is having trouble getting rid of the ball. Like last game in Nwk, Jaden had the ball high, IC in the sideline but covered, he made a move towards the baseline and Jaden thru it away, thinking he was going to cut the other way. Go get the damned ball.

OK, enough suggestions from a rec league coach for one post.

Also gets very crowded in the paint when our 3s aren't falling. It's a totally different team/game when we hit our first few.

I think it's pretty clear now that Wusu is hurt. He took the long sleeves off at halftime and his shooting arm was all wrapped up.

I think we need to do more where Richmond and Dawes end up on opposite sides of the floor. Have to create space, get the ball popping.

I think we need to do more where Richmond and Dawes end up on opposite sides of the floor. Have to create space, get the ball popping.
The ball so often never reverses. I used to watch how Nova moved the ball under Jay and saw how we didnt do so much of that basic stuff. Still happens

The ball so often never reverses. I used to watch how Nova moved the ball under Jay and saw how we didnt do so much of that basic stuff. Still happens
And the guys on our team who do the shot fakes are the bigs who shouldn’t be. 🤯

Reactions: Burnsly
We also fell for a lot of shot fakes defensively against Creighton. We really improved on that this year in the BE games vs. the OOC games. We seemed to take a big step back defensively but Creighton does that to a lot of teams.

Also gets very crowded in the paint when our 3s aren't falling. It's a totally different team/game when we hit our first few.

I think it's pretty clear now that Wusu is hurt. He took the long sleeves off at halftime and his shooting arm was all wrapped up.

If that is the case, can he stop bombing 3's..

I'm not that certain he's hurt. At this point in the year, everyone is a little banged up. Wusu was the last starter subbed out & actually played much better in the 2nd half. I wish he would bang the offensive boards more rather than camp out behind the 3pt line where he's not a threat. We are very easy to defend; only have to respect Dawes & Davis from behind the 3.

100%! I think Kadary's proven that whenever Kadary wants , he can take over a game.

Him driving it hard into the lane over and over does so much. It can:

-Get UCONN bigs into foul trouble
-Gas/wear out the UCONN bigs
-Create lots of points (obviously - he's such a great finisher)
-Create easy points with feeds to Dre and Jaden or a kick to Al in the corner.
-Gets one of our best rebounders (Kadary) into the paint

As the best decision and playmaker (we dont have many) and scorer - he should get a touch almost every possession.

If Kadary wants it, we can win in Storrs (or at least prove we belong). I really hope he's hungry!

Waaay too many posessions where he gives it up and drops to the corner, leavimg Al or wusu in charge of making a play as.the shot clock winds down. My question is why???Al and wusu are not decision makers. We already struggle when kadary goes to the bench w foul trouble. Kadary needs to be the point guard amd stay agressive for 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Richmond’s splits against Connecticut are impressive. He’s always played well against them in his 3 seasons at The Hall. Here’s hoping he’s got another one for Sunday.

Richmond’s splits against Connecticut are impressive. He’s always played well against them in his 3 seasons at The Hall. Here’s hoping he’s got another one for Sunday.
Richmond owning Uconn and the juju-jinx we have on Hurley are why I think we have a fighting chance on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT