ADVERTISEMENT

#Knickstape

Shuathelete

All World
Feb 3, 2013
OUCH. #4. That hurts.

Looks like SHU could try and penetrate the NYC Metro sports market again.

Question is where does Mudiay go?

OUCH. #4. That hurts.

Looks like SHU could try and penetrate the NYC Metro sports market again.

Question is where does Mudiay go?
Not sure I understand the SHU reference, but that is a tough break for the Knicks. I'm just happy the sixers stayed in the top 3 (even if they got the 4th I think they'd look at mudiay).

Sixers could have had two more picks but lakers and heat got in the protected zone.

Basically another year of the newspaper using less of its time to write about the Knicks... SHU got more facetime in the first half after they refused to write anything about the knicks.

Sixers could have had two more picks but lakers and heat got in the protected zone.

Basically another year of the newspaper using less of its time to write about the Knicks... SHU got more facetime in the first half after they refused to write anything about the knicks.
Minn takes okafor, Lakes get Towns and another dynasty begins with a great center in the middle.

Reactions: SHUNESS23

Getting either of those picks was a long shot. I hope they are looking at Russell first and mudiay second (not that I or anyone else has seen him play).

Twolves set up nice with wiggins and what's likely to be towns.

Yea i think getting top 3 was far more important than getting two lottery picks. Russell is the #1 target i just hope nobody else steals him. If they do no biggie we could just take okafor or towns and trade one spot back to the Knicks and fleece them for next years 1st cause theyre idiots.

Worst case scenario for Knicks...another long season

They've gotta come away with Aldridge or Gasol, but I'd put the odds of that happening at slim to none. If Aldridge leaves, apparently the Spurs and Mavericks will make a run at him and I can't see why he'd come to NY over either of those teams. I don't see why Gasol would leave Memphis - they're a healthy Mike Conley away from playing for a chance to go to the NBA Finals.

I was a big proponent of resigning Melo, but after all that's happened since I think the Knicks should explore trading him if they can't bring in any marquee free agents. Go into full rebuild mode and take the best player available this year and build for the future. It doesn't make sense to pay Melo $25 mill a year if the team is going to be, at best, the 7th or 8th seed in an awful Eastern Conference.

Last night could not have gone worse. I was praying for Towns but now it looks like he is going to be a part of what could be a scary T-Wolves team in a few years.

Fisher was so giddy winning a few absolutely meaningless games down the stretch saying he wanted to instill a winning attitude. Those games cost the Knicks the #1 seed which went to the Timberwolves who tanked and lost their last 12-15 games of the season.

Their reward? Picking first while the 'winning attitude' so important to a team that will have few players returning from the roster that ended the season cost the Knicks dearly in the future.

I don't blame the players. They are on the court giving their best. But the Knicks could have done what Minn did and 'manage' PT to ensure the best lottery spot last night.

Fisher was so giddy winning a few absolutely meaningless games down the stretch saying he wanted to instill a winning attitude. Those games cost the Knicks the #1 seed which went to the Timberwolves who tanked and lost their last 12-15 games of the season.

Their reward? Picking first while the 'winning attitude' so important to a team that will have few players returning from the roster that ended the season cost the Knicks dearly in the future.

I don't blame the players. They are on the court giving their best. But the Knicks could have done what Minn did and 'manage' PT to ensure the best lottery spot last night.

"We won't apologize for winning." If Towns ends up becoming the superstar that many think he will, an apology is the least Fisher and Phil could do.

Just meaningless words. No one in their right minds would agree with them.

Win a battle and get destroyed in the war.

Is there a more classic example of how an inept owner singlehandedly can destroy a team with his choices of who he picks to run the franchise and who he wants as a head coach?

Ian Begley @IanBegley · 13h 13 hours ago

FWIW: the #Knicks had a chance to finish with the NBA's worst record but won 2 of their last 3. Minnesota had the worst record & got No. 1.

Hope Fisher is real happy with the winning attitude he instilled in the franchise.

Those two quality wins raised his first year's record to an outstanding 17-65 and cost them the top pick.

1. Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
Kentucky, PF/C

Towns is still far from a finished product, and only played a little more than 20 minutes per game on Kentucky’s loaded squad this season. But he’s the obvious choice for a Timberwolves team that finished last in the NBA in defensive efficiency this season, and gives Minnesota a terrific foundation alongside Andrew Wiggins.

2. Lakers: Jahlil Okafor
Duke, C

Okafor has his detractors, namely for his shortcomings athletically and defensively. But he’s an incredibly skilled scorer, and seems like the surest bet to reach his ceiling in this class — and the Lakers are in desperate need of foundation pieces right now.

3. 76ers: D’Angelo Russell
Ohio State, PG/SG

The 76ers have stacked up one big man after another over the past few years. Now they have a chance to add Russell, a dynamic playmaker who should thrive in the up-tempo system they’re running under coach Brett Brown.

4. Knicks: Emmanuel Mudiay
Guangdong (China), PG

Mudiay is easily the most unknown player at the top of the draft, but also oozes potential. For the Knicks, with a team president with a history for preferring bigger point guards, Mudiay’s size would appear to be a plus.

5. Magic: Justise Winslow
Duke, SF

The Magic already have a ton of hyper-athletic players, but it’s hard to have enough of them and Winslow, who starred in Duke’s run to a national title, looks like he could be a star on the wings in the NBA.

6. Kings: Willie Cauley-Stein
Kentucky, C

Cauley-Stein is the kind of defensive dynamo that should pair nicely in the frontcourt with DeMarcus Cousins, and also should be able to fit into the usual up-tempo system George Karl prefers if the Kings decide it’s time to move on from Cousins this summer.

7. Nuggets: Mario Hezonja
Barcelona (Spain), SG/SF

If the Nuggets are going to get back to playing fast again next season, as they’ve pledged to, adding a talent like Hezonja will help them go in that direction.

8. Pistons: Frank Kaminsky
Wisconsin, PF

Modal Trigger
kaminsky.jpg

Frank KaminskyPhoto: Getty Images

Pistons coach and president Stan Van Gundy has made it clear he’d like more shooting, and Kaminsky could form a very nice complement to center Andre Drummond, and a ready replacement for Greg Monroe should he depart in free agency.

9. Hornets: Kristaps Porzingis
Sevilla (Spain), PF

The Hornets already have a couple of power forwards on the roster in Cody Zeller and Noah Vonleh, but the upside of Porzingis should be too much for them to pass up if he’s still on the board.

10. Heat: Myles Turner
Texas, C

Pat Riley has an affinity for big men, and with a giant hole behind the equally giant — both in size and surprise last season — Hassan Whiteside, Turner could provide both depth and insurance at center..............

http://nypost.com/2015/05/20/mock-1-0-the-posts-2015-nba-draft-predictions/

So what happened to the disparaging remarks against the Sixers? Some of you on here said it was a disgrace, and most of the professional basketball community had the same sentiment... All of a sudden the knicks tank harder, and blow it, and the winning attitude was the wrong attitude? Not saying all of you thought that, but i definitely remember some of you mentioning it. Sixers were singled out for doing something that has been done every year prior, and something that was being done on a higher level by other teams in the league. Theres no way to deny that its smart.

Shuathlete, forgive them. They are Knick fans. They know not what they do.

Athlete, are the 6'ers going to move past the tanking strategy next year? I know they have a few promising players stashed overseas and Embiid coming off injury, do they try next year or is there another year of planned losing ahead?

So what happened to the disparaging remarks against the Sixers? Some of you on here said it was a disgrace, and most of the professional basketball community had the same sentiment... All of a sudden the knicks tank harder, and blow it, and the winning attitude was the wrong attitude? Not saying all of you thought that, but i definitely remember some of you mentioning it. Sixers were singled out for doing something that has been done every year prior, and something that was being done on a higher level by other teams in the league. Theres no way to deny that its smart.

The 76ers, from the beginning of the season, did everything they could to put as few NBA players on the court as possible. They went in with every intention of tanking from the first game of the season and have been doing this for multiple years now. How many other teams in the league were more concerned with the bottom of the standings than the top from day 1?

I just read that the Lakers like Mudiay. If that goes down Okafor might just drop to the Knicks. Either way, I'm not a Knicks fan so this is unbiased opinion, picking 4th in a draft with exactly four well-regarded players is not a death sentence.

I think the other thing that goes unsaid is that a bunch of Knicks were in contract years. Melo, Hardaway, Calderon and Early are the only guaranteed contacts for next year. So yea. That's not a good recipe for managing talent.

Now, with the current roster. If I were Phil, Mills, and co., I'd take Okafor/Russell/Mudiay (whoever is available). If they get a guard, then I can see them overpaying for someone (like Greg Monroe) and I won't blame them. You have to overpay at times to get some actual talent to wanna sign with you.

The 76ers, from the beginning of the season, did everything they could to put as few NBA players on the court as possible. They went in with every intention of tanking from the first game of the season and have been doing this for multiple years now. How many other teams in the league were more concerned with the bottom of the standings than the top from day 1?
Thats weird because im pretty sure anyone who plays in the NBA is an NBA player. Oh, so they dont have anyone on a veteran contract, or a bad player thats been around for a while. Big deal. The knicks get a pass cause they only realized they were ruining the future halfway through the season? Please. Check the record, nuff said.

Thats weird because im pretty sure anyone who plays in the NBA is an NBA player. Oh, so they dont have anyone on a veteran contract, or a bad player thats been around for a while. Big deal. The knicks get a pass cause they only realized they were ruining the future halfway through the season? Please. Check the record, nuff said.

Ah yes, so there's no difference between going on a 3-5 year tanking mission and doing your best to secure a top draft pick AFTER you have no chance of salvaging your season? The Sixers strategy makes sense due to the rules of the NBA, but the issue that people have is that they have been doing all that they can to be the least competitive team in the NBA for multiple years now. If you can't see the difference between that and what other teams have been doing than I don't know what to say. There's only one team in the NBA who went into their season last year hoping that they were worse than the previous season.

Ah yes, so there's no difference between going on a 3-5 year tanking mission and doing your best to secure a top draft pick AFTER you have no chance of salvaging your season? The Sixers strategy makes sense due to the rules of the NBA, but the issue that people have is that they have been doing all that they can to be the least competitive team in the NBA for multiple years now. If you can't see the difference between that and what other teams have been doing than I don't know what to say. There's only one team in the NBA who went into their season last year hoping that they were worse than the previous season.
This is the 2nd year. But hey thanks for exaggerating... how is this even remotely close to the clippers, cavs, warriors, timberwolves, sonics, etc we have seen in the past. Hell OKC is the poster child of this, yet not a goddamn word about it.

and sure, the knicks didnt go INTO the season wanting to be worse, but all the fans are now bashing them for not having that strategy... so whats the deal? Its a massive double standard. Youre honestly forgetting about EVERY NBA SEASON to if you think this is even close to being different than past teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT