ADVERTISEMENT

Language issues

On what happened defensively;
“I don't know. That's a good question. You gotta gave St. John's a lot of credit, I thought these guys came out, they were hungry. They did everything that we do to teams that they did to us, which is disappointing. I don't know, Jerry. I can't really put my — I don't know. We just didn't defend like we're capable of defending. They got a lot of stuff in transition, they lived in the paint, they got a lot of paint points. Like I said, everything that we do to teams, they kind of did to us today.”

This has happened way too much this year. I can honestly deal with the turnovers, missed layups, bad 3 point shooting ,etc., but i can't deal with bad defense. I really thought that with Sha, we would always play D. It is just not the case. There have been some games where we have been terrific on D, but it has been inconsistent. This really needs to change going forward. My only thought is that with such a short bench, he can't pull guys for playing bad D. Hopefully with a decent NIL going forward, he will have enough money to be 10 deep. Therefore, if someone is playing garbage D, he can pull them out.

On what happened defensively;
“I don't know. That's a good question. You gotta gave St. John's a lot of credit, I thought these guys came out, they were hungry. They did everything that we do to teams that they did to us, which is disappointing. I don't know, Jerry. I can't really put my — I don't know. We just didn't defend like we're capable of defending. They got a lot of stuff in transition, they lived in the paint, they got a lot of paint points. Like I said, everything that we do to teams, they kind of did to us today.”

This has happened way too much this year. I can honestly deal with the turnovers, missed layups, bad 3 point shooting ,etc., but i can't deal with bad defense. I really thought that with Sha, we would always play D. It is just not the case. There have been some games where we have been terrific on D, but it has been inconsistent. This really needs to change going forward. My only thought is that with such a short bench, he can't pull guys for playing bad D. Hopefully with a decent NIL going forward, he will have enough money to be 10 deep. Therefore, if someone is playing garbage D, he can pull them out.
Guy is trying. Maybe we just dont have the talent to do it night in night out

Not classy at all, and if it were Pitino or Miller of Danny, the board here would go nuts. But not a huge deal either.
St. John's played very well today. Hats off to them: period. Bad day for us. Hopefully, we will play next Wed. or Thurs.

Reactions: King of S
Sha has passion, he cares, the results matter to him and he hates to lose more than he loves to win. I’ll take that and a 100 f bombs a day if it means we’re leaving it all out on the floor and winning.

Not classy at all, and if it were Pitino or Miller of Danny, the board here would go nuts. But not a huge deal either.
St. John's played very well today. Hats off to them: period. Bad day for us. Hopefully, we will play next Wed. or Thurs.
I’ll take Tuesday as well.

Reactions: MBF72
One thing I've been sick of this year is our coach (and sometimes the players too) coming out after losses and staying stuff like, "I can't believe we came out and played like that," or "we weren't playing Seton Hall basketball." Even worse, saying it won't happen again (post Villanova), yet it keeps happening. Seventh blowout loss of the season. Seven! You supposedly hang your hat on defense, yet you've gotten whacked multiple times this season by opponents scoring 70, 80, even 90 points.

You're the head coach. It's happened multiple times. Figure it out and do something about it instead of whining in front of the media. It all just rings so hollow and fake.

The team has outperformed the roster. This stuff happens because this is what the team is. He has squeezed every drop out of it. I was surprised at what happened today given the stage and after the home stand, but it’s happened how many times?

I watched about 3-4 of those games St. John’s played during this run and was impressed 1 time (Creighton). Even last weekend Georgetown lost that game more than St. John’s won it. . But this was the best game they played all year offensively bc it carved up a defense. And if UConn lays a beating on them they be panicked. That’s March. It’s game to game vibes.

The team has outperformed the roster. This stuff happens because this is what the team is. He has squeezed every drop out of it. I was surprised at what happened today given the stage and after the home stand, but it’s happened how many times?

I watched about 3-4 of those games St. John’s played during this run and was impressed 1 time (Creighton). Even last weekend Georgetown lost that game more than St. John’s won it. . But this was the best game they played all year offensively bc it carved up a defense. And if UConn lays a beating on them they be panicked. That’s March. It’s game to game vibes.
Uconn's laying beatings on everyone right now. They look like the best team in the country. Have no reason to think it will be any different tomorrow night.

I thought SJU destroying Butler by like 30 or whatever it was in Butler was pretty impressive too. It's OK to say they've been on a roll since their loss to us at UBS and whatever the hell Pitino did to bring them together worked. I never really buy the whole this team lost "x" game more than the other team won it. They were a team that notoriously lost a number of close games this year against Uconn, Creighton, Marquette, etc when they had double digit leads. It's why the metrics have been supportive of the resume. We will see how a Uconn beatdown impacts that, if at all.

Uconn's laying beatings on everyone right now. They look like the best team in the country. Have no reason to think it will be any different tomorrow night.

I thought SJU destroying Butler by like 30 or whatever it was in Butler was pretty impressive too. It's OK to say they've been on a roll since their loss to us at UBS and whatever the hell Pitino did to bring them together worked. I never really buy the whole this team lost "x" game more than the other team won it. They were a team that notoriously lost a number of close games this year against Uconn, Creighton, Marquette, etc when they had double digit leads. It's why the metrics have been supportive of the resume. We will see how a Uconn beatdown impacts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT