ADVERTISEMENT

Man's best friend

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Gotta Love 'em.

sesgj8nlgyvstblqiwh5.png

Lily, a completely blind Great Dane, was living a lonely and sad life until she met Madison. Madison is her seeing-eye partner, always staying close to her side and watching out for her at all times.

g2sbqijwoj2hgjraqmux.jpg

Bubbles took her in and the two have been inseparable ever since.

dwbg1o8rcftrhp0qsrro.jpg

He doesn't even realize he's different.

hfyx3nly9ilvlqu0r1qj.png

After this chimpanzee's mother died at the zoo, a zookeeper brought the baby home. His dog, who had recently had puppies, took the chimp in and raised it like her own.

si5yevzcfoyxhlu3eeoq.png

Bonedigger, a lion who suffered from a disease that left him partially disabled, quickly bonded with a dachshund named Milo.

upsfzzdpawmdfdfs04nj.jpg

After her owner died during the landslides in Rio de Janeiro in 2011, Leao sat by the grave for two consecutive days.

npgiqulqli2ka1yknq7e.jpg

A dog and a cheetah, who were raised together as babies, are still the best of friends living at Busch Gardens.

eorwjtci0pcxfaon9lep.jpg

When 4-year-old Lucas was diagnosed with a terminal disease, his parents considered getting him a service dog. But they were told he wasn't a good candidate for one, and service dogs typically cost around $15,000. So instead Lucas's father adopted Juno just days before she was supposed to be euthanized. The two not only were instant best friends, but Juno also had the ability to detect when the boy was about to have seizures or when his oxygen levels were too low.

kne8cpujias8wqkilh4y.jpg

Hernan is a toddler with Down syndrome who normally shies away from physical contact. But after Himalaya approached and nuzzled against him for a couple minutes, the boy opened up and gave her a heartwarming hug.

sx2hzt73jgcf1tizxdiq.jpg

This caring dog adopted two orphan baby bunnies.

dwujettsvw5xffxiwhan.jpg

After a young mother abandoned her newborn baby in a field one cold night, this dog carried the baby home to her litter of puppies to keep her warm. The next morning when the dog's owner noticed the baby she was taken to the hospital and survived thanks to the dog, who then received an award for her bravery and heroic actions.

jzifu4kxys8hprolgk3g.jpg

This canine Romeo and Juliet pair Nothing can keep them apart. Not color, breed, or even a fence.

wh3fq9sqgfbbnzeaqoiq.jpg

Proof that dogs don't care if you're rich or poor, they'll still love you.

oez7mfsjahjdu95fxd8w.jpg

Sticking together, no matter what.

gafekadhtysynnvepfju.png

She rescued all of her puppies from a burning building and brought them to safety inside the fire truck.

Great stuff. As a "daddy" to seven dogs (two golden retrievers, a dachshund, four rescue mutts), I concur that they're man's best friend. In my wife and my world, they're better than people.

Dogs are the best. The four that my wife and I had were the best friends anyone could ever have.

My little buddy is half Chihuahua and half bichon? I absolutely hated him when I first got with my gf, but he never got the hint. We've been inseparable for the last 7 years. My best bud!

Dan,

Can you please give me the sit where you found this. I want to e-mail it to some friends and I don't know how to do it (old school).

It's great!

Dan,

Can you please give me the site where you found this. I want to e-mail it to some friends and I don't know how to do it (old school).

It's great!

I wish I could. I was surfing the net the other day and saw it. It was on a sports site but I can't remember which one.

Just send this link to your friends as it is exactly as noted on the original site.

Sure, having to take the dog out in cold, windy or otherwise inclement weather is not one life's greatest pleasures. but they provide so much, and I know my family and I feel our day to day lives are better off with our four legged friend as part of the household,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT