ADVERTISEMENT

Maui has 5 AP Top 10 teams in field

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Impressive, a loser on Monday means best one of them could finish is 5th.

SHU was in this field many many years back. Opened the season at USF in Cali then went to Maui. Lost to Duke in quite a tough game. Beat Chaminade then had Kansas on Thanksgiving eve. I think that was the year Ball State made the final and beat UCLA and Kansas to get there.

I remember taking my daughter to the USF game. We were living in the East Bay at the time. We enjoyed the game.

That Duke game was the closest SH has ever come to beating a #1 ranked team. I was a teenager at the time but remember it well. Louis Orr's second game as coach. I actually ran into Jay Williams at a game many years later and told him he broke my heart that night. We laughed and he said he remembered it well.

That Duke game was the closest SH has ever come to beating a #1 ranked team. I was a teenager at the time but remember it well. Louis Orr's second game as coach. I actually ran into Jay Williams at a game many years later and told him he broke my heart that night. We laughed and he said he remembered it well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT