ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball Signs Three Student-Athletes To NLIs

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

BF4I4658.jpg

Two come from the Metropolitan Area and the other is one of the best players in his state​

South Orange, N.J. - The Seton Hall men's basketball program has signed three talented student-athletes -- two from the Metropolitan Area and one of the best players in Louisiana -- to National Letters of Intent, head coach Kevin Willard announced Tuesday.

Joining the Pirates are 6-9 forward Percy Daniels from Baton Rouge, La., 6-4 guard JaQuan Harris from North Brunswick, N.J. and 6-4 guard Jaquan Sanders from Far Rockaway, N.Y. The trio will arrive on the heels of a 2021 recruiting class that was ranked 24th in the country by 247Sports.

"We're excited to welcome three outstanding young men and their families to our program," said Willard. "All three of these players are tough and hard-nosed and they fit in perfectly with our style of play. I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop as athletes and as people here at Seton Hall."

Harris, the younger brother of Seton Hall guard Jamir Harris, is a three-star prospect by 247Sports and plays at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Edison, N.J. He averaged 17.4 points, 6.1 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.1 steals per game last season and helped lead his team to the Greater Middlesex Conference Tournament championship as a sophomore.

"I am thrilled to add JaQuan to the Seton Hall family," said Willard. "He is a tremendous young man that comes from a great family. Keeping JaQuan home in the state of New Jersey has been a top priority for me and my staff for a few years. He has terrific size for a guard, is very versatile and can score it at all three levels. JaQuan is coming to us from a great high school program in St. Thomas Aquinas and a very successful AAU program in the NY Jayhawks. Seton Hall fans are going to love watching JaQuan compete and succeed on and off the court."

Daniels is the top rated big man in the state of Louisiana and a three-star prospect by 247Sports. He averaged 14.1 points, 11.2 rebounds and 7.2 blocks per game as a junior and he has helped lead Madison Prep to two class 3A state championships. Daniels plays for Louisiana Elite on the AAU circuit.

"I am beyond excited to have Percy become a part of our family," said Willard. "He is a young man who has to overcome a lot of obstacles in life which has made him a resilient individual on and off the court. His mental and physical toughness fits our program's culture perfectly and his scoring ability and effort on the glass in the post will impact our team tremendously. He has a college-ready body out of Madison Prep and we can't wait to get him on campus."

Sanders looks to be the next New York City guard that jumps levels in South Orange. The Far Rockaway, N.Y. native averaged 19.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 2.0 steals per game while shooting 44 percent from three-point range as a junior at Our Saviour Lutheran. Sanders is rated as a four-star prospect by ESPN and he plays on the EYBL circuit for New Heights Lightning.

"We are ecstatic about adding Jaquan to our program," said Willard. "Jaquan is a big guard who we see playing multiple positions for us. He is a lethal three-point shooter who's skilled at getting to the basket and creating plays for his teammates. He is a big time competitor who comes from the same high school, Our Saviour Lutheran, as Jared Rhoden. Jaquan is a proven winner and Pirates fans are going to love watching him play."

Seton Hall is ranked 21st in the Associated Press Top 25 this week and will be back in action tomorrow night against Cal in the third place game of the Rocket Mortgage Fort Myer Tip-Off at 6 p.m. on FS1.

Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT