ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward After The Creighton Game

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
I wanted to take a step back and comment on Creighton in order to give a better perspective on where this year's Seton Hall team is. How much better can Creighton play than they did in the triple overtime game against SHU? Every strength they had was on display in this game. I guess a Creighton follower could give a different opinion. In the first half they did not allow the SHU crowd to rattle them. Down 9 in the second half they came back in an instant by hitting consecutive three point shots. Their ball movement, passing and use of pump fakes is way above average. They use their bigman to score and prevent separation when they need a hoop. They have guys that can make big perimeter shots at exactly the right time. Well coached and they made that tough clutch hoop to put the game into the OT. They had 6 turnovers(one every 9 minutes). They did get help from the officials without question, but in fairness they won making one more play than SHU. Like I said can they play way better than that game? They are ranked and probably headed to the 2 seed in the BigEast.

So where does Seton Hall currently stand? Amazingly, in a very good place at the moment. The Hall beat the #1 team in the country by 15, a very good Marquette team, pummeled SJU, and lost a heart breaker to a ranked team(playing a high level game) in triple overtime. We cannot discount a very poor OOC campaign, but they have turned it around.

Hopefully, the coaching staff can dissect that game video and make some adjustments. I thought they did a great job having the team ready to play. The crowd was fantastic and a factor. Khadary was most likely playing injured and although he had a triple double, I know he has had way better games than that. Too much forcing the issue on a day where Creighton was converging on him in the paint. 32 shots is too many for any player. Even with that he did a lot to contribute. I just thought Sha needed him to set up Dawes and Wusu more than he did. Also, EHE just played his best game against SJU, and hit an enormous three. Ater that he was not used?? Only 10 minutes to Bediako's 45. From my seat I could not tell if EHE was being exploited on defense, maybe other can give a better opinion. Bediako played a strong game, but maybe Sha could have given him some more rest? He used a lot of energy on both ends. The bottom line is the Providence game is very important and they really need this one. The Hall needs 7 more wins and that's the only thing that matters. Right now, SHU projects to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference. Lots of work to do.

It was a great college basketball game. Two teams with very different styles. You’re never out of it when you have multiple guys who can shoot 3’s and that’s what Creighton did to win. Some mistakes in big spots here and there (they fouled on a 3, our FT misses), but it happens in competitive games.

I feel we blew a huge chance to improve our resume with another Q1 win and create separation in the league standings. Yeah it would’ve been on the epic list of games I’ve seen in person had we won We didn’t. It felt like a game with Villanova with much on the line to push us forward that we tend to lose close. So, let’s go on Wednesday night. Huge game. I hope the team is ready to go.

Reactions: Halldan1 and shu09
I think Seton Hall can play better or different. Maybe Creighton could shoot a higher percentage, but The Hall’s effort on defense was excellent maybe not the execution. Davis had to make incredibly difficult shots too.

It was a great college basketball game. Two teams with very different styles. You’re never out of it when you have multiple guys who can shoot 3’s and that’s what Creighton did to win. Some mistakes in big spots here and there (they fouled on a 3, our FT misses), but it happens in competitive games.

I feel we blew a huge chance to improve our resume with another Q1 win and create separation in the league standings. Yeah it would’ve been on the epic list of games I’ve seen in person had we won We didn’t. It felt like a game with Villanova with much on the line to push us forward that we tend to lose close. So, let’s go on Wednesday night. Huge game. I hope the team is ready to go.

Felt a little like that Villanova game in 2018 when Carrington missed a crucial free throw late.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT