ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Carter Signs NLOI

Looking forward to seeing him and play and hoping he can develop in time at SHU while representing the program and school well.

Myles Carter @Mcmoxli

Signed up

11:52 AM - 15 Apr 2015

CCpOwlZUkAAbbRp.jpg

Every player who commits to Seton Hall , irrespective of their sport , should be welcomed to SH and given a fair chance to prove what type of player he or she is.

Welcome Myles to SHU! Good luck to you and keep working hard. There are lots of minutes here for an athletic big who can help us down low.

Welcome to the Garden State, Myles.

You are going to love SHU, NJ and NYC, which is right next door. You get the best of both worlds.

I have a feeling you are going to surprise a lot of people... Keeping working hard.

Go Pirates!

Bobbie Solo, what a horrible comment. You really annoy me the way your song never ends. Welcome the kid.

Myles Carter is a 6 ft 9 in player who is very athletic, great shot blocker, rebounder and scores on the inside. Myles welcome to Seton Hall.

Originally posted by Bobbie Solo:
ho hum.
Really unnecessary. Myles is a Pirate now and we all support him.

The interview he gave to the Trove last month came from a very well spoken young man who can't wait to come to the school. Our writer was really impressed with Carter's enthusiasm and clarity of thought. Well beyond his years.

Pirate fans welcome him.

Originally posted by Section112:
Welcome Myles to SHU! Good luck to you and keep working hard. There are lots of minutes here for an athletic big who can help us down low.
Ditto...if there is one person on the roster that can be a huge swing factor this year, it is Carter. It's a lot to ask of a freshman, but if he can give 20 mpg of quality (and I mean quality) rebounding and defense, it changes the entire complexion of the roster. That's a high bar, but one can hope.

Guys, I know many of us saw him play on ESPN early in the season and Myles didn't have a great game. That might have understandably colored some opinions.

During our interview with Carter he told us that he was undercut in a prior game and came down hard hurting his wrist and back. That injury kept him out of the next three contests and the ESPN game was his first time back on the court since the injury. Clearly he was nowhere near 100%.

Here's a few quotes from our Trove interview with Myles Carter....

"Coach Willard and Coach Hill are great coaches and great people, I trust them a lot, Carter said. "On the court they like to work hard and get after it and push you to get better and that's what I am all about. I want to become a better person on and off the court and after visiting in the fall I felt like I could achieve that at Seton Hall. At the end of the day this is where I am going to spend the next four years of my life, I have to be comfortable at the school I choose and be able to relate to the coaches, my teammates and my classmates and Seton Hall was the best fit."

DeCesare said that Carter's biggest strengths that will translate early on at the collegiate level are his intensity on defense, rebounding and ability to alter or block shots with his more than seven foot wing span. He added that if Coach Willard gives Carter minutes early on he believes the young power player will be able to contribute noting that "Myles has great upside."

"Defense is my specialty and I take it very seriously. I get after it on defense and I use my intensity to help push
my team," Carter said. "I got after it in high school, talking constantly and going hard and I plan on carrying that over to Seton Hall. Good defense leads to good offense and Coach DeCesare taught me that defense wins games so that is how I play."

Carter is preparing for the physicality of the Big East by going to the gym five days a week, with heavy weight
lifting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and lighter lifting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Along with his weight lifting regimen, Carter usually gets a run in during the early mornings and does not miss out on his minimum three miles jogs Saturday and Sunday mornings with his father.

"I am ready to work hard and I feel like I will be ready to come in and contribute at Seton Hall," Carter said. "I want to learn and am willing to do anything that needs to be done to help our team win right away. I want to come in and be an impact player, anything that needs to be done to turn this program around, I am down to do."

I'll give it to KW all his kid say the right things.

""I want to learn and am willing to do anything that needs to be done to help our team win right away. I want to come in and be an impact player, anything that needs to be done to turn this program around, I am down to do."

Kid seems to have a great head on his shoulders. I was about to question why he wasn't working out 7 days a week until I saw that he runs 3+ miles every weekend.
wink.r191677.gif

At a minimum it looks and sounds like he will be physically ready for the BE and a rebounding and shot blocking presence. Looking forward to seeing him and the rest of his class as well as the development of IW, KC, AD, Desi, Ish, etc.

Originally posted by Halldan1:

Originally posted by Bobbie Solo:
ho hum.
Really unnecessary. Myles is a Pirate now and we all support him.

The interview he gave to the Trove last month came from a very well spoken young man who can't wait to come to the school. Our writer was really impressed with Carter's enthusiasm and clarity of thought. Well beyond his years.

Pirate fans welcome him.
It's more than unnecessary, it's constant, and nasty. I have him on ignore, for obvious reasons, but it's ironic how he calls for others to be ignored, or even banned. Total clown.

Welcome Myles. I hope you have four terrific years at Seton Hall.Your interview was heart warming and we will be thrilled to see you play defense and clear the boards.

As an enemy of the mob, I am glad to welcome Myles. As for the mob, you're an ugly bunch.

Mob? One knuckle head made an uncalled for comment. Guys like you are a mob too, just a smaller one.

Loving this stuff about the intensity on the boards/defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT