ADVERTISEMENT

National Title

Amid all the well-deserved kudos to UCONN, Edey's stock has improved steadily. Before the tournament, he was considered a mid to late 2nd round pick: a large 300 pounder who couldn't move. Will be interesting to see how mock drafts change in days ahead.

This UConn team might be one of the best tournament and college teams of all time

They’re at least in the conversation too dominating
You need to take out the UCLA domination. Back then, in September, you didn't give who was gonna win the NC a second thought. And why did they forget about Russell's great San Fran teams n the 50s who won two in a row?

These two Uconn teams were awesomely dominant. I wish Raf would have mentioned the teams that have beaten them both years - Creighton and SHU.

And last night they shot 27% from 3 (2-10 from Karaban and Spencer). That isnt such a big deal though when you only let the other team take 7 3s, making one.

Congrats CL82 and UConn. I mean in two straight NCAA Tournaments they have never ever been on the ropes under 5 or 10 minutes. That’s insane.

Hurley is from that St.Anthony’s tree which is an old school combination of fundamentals and focus. In a way our SHU teams of the early 90’s played this way. Unfortunately, we could not fend off Great UNLV and Duke teams.

Reactions: CL82
Congrats CL82 and UConn. I mean in two straight NCAA Tournaments they have never ever been on the ropes under 5 or 10 minutes. That’s insane.

Hurley is from that St.Anthony’s tree which is an old school combination of fundamentals and focus. In a way our SHU teams of the early 90’s played this way. Unfortunately, we could not fend off Great UNLV and Duke teams.
We handled them ok in 89 lol

Reactions: NYC Pirate
UConn finished the final four with a 4:1 assist/to ratio (36-9 total). I’m usually happy when the Hall finishes above 1:1 lol. Really just a masterclass by Hurley and his guys.

The BigEast had a great year. Would have been better if Marquette or Creighton advanced at least one more game. Seton Hall certainly did their part after being left out in the cold..

We probably should not add any teams.

And is is not like the BT was dominant before MSU. I think they won 4 since the BE started. Two by Indiana and MSU and the debatable 89 UM. Am I missing any?

The BigEast had a great year. Would have been better if Marquette or Creighton advanced at least one more game. Seton Hall certainly did their part after being left out in the cold..

We probably should not add any teams.
Val needs to have a serious conversation with DePaul. Your two games with them probably made the difference between making the tournament and not. You win at DePaul and your RPI drops. They've become an anchor on the league. They need to commit the resources to change that.

UConn winning this year's tournament was one of the easiest bracket picks I can ever recall. Head and shoulders above literally every other team.

Villanova 2018 was another. I wish we could see that matchup: VU 2018 vs. UConn 2024.

UConn winning this year's tournament was one of the easiest bracket picks I can ever recall. Head and shoulders above literally every other team.

Villanova 2018 was another. I wish we could see that matchup: VU 2018 vs. UConn 2024.
After the game the commentators, including Jay Wright, made that comparison as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT