ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA vendetta against Seton Hall continues

The NIT, now run by the NCAA, has apparently informed Seton Hall that are no tickets available for Seton Hall fans. It looks like the ISU fans were allowed to gobble up all of the tickets before we even qualified for the semi-finals.
That’s bullshit! Each team should get a quarter of the tickets available! Final game each team gets access to half.

The NIT, now run by the NCAA, has apparently informed Seton Hall that are no tickets available for Seton Hall fans. It looks like the ISU fans were allowed to gobble up all of the tickets before we even qualified for the semi-finals.
Well at least there will be alot of blue in the arena.

• Haha
Reactions: Piratz
So it’s already sold out? Also since Indiana St./ Utah play first does that mean nobody stays around for the second game?
Folks from Indiana are about as college-hoops-crazy as you can get, so I suspect the majority will hang around. Especially if Indiana State wins.

Reactions: Piratz and CL82
Homers!

Looks like NCAA and SHU Adm. have some things in common. Slow to act.

Indiana State will be tough to beat in Hinkle.

Hoosiers 2.0.

Reactions: Gohall129
That’s why I can’t understand why some people were so surprised the NCAA picked teams that were inferior to us this season. Of course they would do that. Going into the season, I thought it was understood amongst us that we would be left out to make way for Big Name schools, if it came down to that. They have never done us any favors. The only break we ever got was being let in PJ’s last season. Otherwise, zip. If we are in violation of the rules, the NCAA will come down hard on us, while other programs continuously get away with murder. So I am not the least bit surprised by this development. F them.

Reactions: bigraym
Seton Hall and the big east need to sue the ncaa. 6 bids for the $hit MWC which got nothing short of destroyed in the ncaa and the nit. attacking the big east conference with ulterior motives.

they directly cost the BE and SHU revenue, exposure, recruiting power, and now legit fans. cant even go to the games. think about it. sickening. think about it. the more the BE wins the more the $hit can teams that were fraudulently picked lose. SHU probably should have been a 6 seed in this tournament the way it's shaking out.

Criminal

So, we can't worry about all that right now. The focus has to be on Georgia. That's all that counts. We can't spring ourselves into a Championship game. Should the Hall win then it may be possible that the Utah or Georgia tickets, if they were provided to those schools, could become available. So far, the Butler AD hasn't been our best friend this month.

• Love
Reactions: walshtrips
Seton Hall and the big east need to sue the ncaa. 6 bids for the $hit MWC which got nothing short of destroyed in the ncaa and the nit. attacking the big east conference with ulterior motives.

they directly cost the BE and SHU revenue, exposure, recruiting power, and now legit fans. cant even go to the games. think about it. sickening. think about it. the more the BE wins the more the $hit can teams that were fraudulently picked lose. SHU probably should have been a 6 seed in this tournament the way it's shaking out.

Criminal

Drinking late again?

Criminal
The Big East (including Seton Hall) got the short end of the stick this year.

But to go off on the MWC is ridiculous. This is probably the first time the MWC were treated well as far as total number of teams in the tournament. As far as surviving, it's easier for 1,2 and 3 seeds to advance than teams that are seeded 5, 8,, 10, 10 Play in, 10 Play in, 11 to advance. The MWC had several good teams, but no great teams. The fact is the 3 Big East teams in the tournament are the cream of the crop.

The Big 5 have a ton of power. Imagine how tough it is if you are from a team not in a major conference. You lose your two games against the Power 5 teams on your schedule where you have to play on the road with their refs and crowd and now your season basically comes down to winning your tournament. That's assuming the Power 5 will even play you. Once you get to conference, it almost impossible to improve your NET. Indiana State deserved an opportunity. So did Seton Hall. Obviously Virginia did not. Miss. State had an 8-10 Conference record. It's time you require teams to be 500 in conference to get a bid.

But to go off on the MWC is ridiculous. This is probably the first time the MWC were treated well as far as total number of teams in the tournament. As far as surviving, it's easier for 1,2 and 3 seeds to advance than teams that are seeded 5, 8,, 10, 10 Play in, 10 Play in, 11 to advance. The MWC had several good teams, but no great teams. The fact is the 3 Big East teams in the tournament are the cream of the crop.

The Big 5 have a ton of power. Imagine how tough it is if you are from a team not in a major conference. You lose your two games against the Power 5 teams on your schedule where you have to play on the road with their refs and crowd and now your season basically comes down to winning your tournament. That's assuming the Power 5 will even play you. Once you get to conference, it almost impossible to improve your NET. Indiana State deserved an opportunity. So did Seton Hall. Obviously Virginia did not. Miss. State had an 8-10 Conference record. It's time you require teams to be 500 in conference to get a bid.
Good point about conference requirements .

It's time you require teams to be 500 in conference to get a bid.

I used to feel this way but I don't anymore. Teams are evaluated on their entire body of work, not just what they do in league play. In the age of super conferences with 18-20 games, there are going to be NCAA worthy teams at 8-10, 9-11, etc. in certain top conferences (such as the Big 12).

As a general rule I'd be against teams under .500 in their league getting in, but there will sometimes be exceptions so I'm against a hard line like that.

This certainly stinks. I don't think many Hall fans would have made the trip so we were going to play in a road environment regardless. Indiana state was taking over that gym one way or another.

Reactions: Piratz and LBP43

The selection committee is designed for balance and equity or else i am sure it would be saddled with power 5 reps.

.500 mandate for all sports in ncaa championship seasons?

There will be softball and baseball teams impacted
I don’t think anyone is talking about softball and baseball. There are different rules for different sports. Football has bowl eligibility though that has slipped because there are far too many bowl games. You can have a separate mandate for basketball.

Cogito ergo bowl eligible... i think that is to fb guideline for p5.

This certainly stinks. I don't think many Hall fans would have made the trip so we were going to play in a road environment regardless. Indiana state was taking over that gym one way or another.
Um, no. We have a lot of alumni in the area and our fans do travel so I’m sure we’d have a good showing. As it stands it looks like we have to hope Butler had some control over the tickets and that their fans will stand in for us.

Did all of the participating schools get screwed on tickets or just us!?

Reactions: walshtrips
Um, no. We have a lot of alumni in the area and our fans do travel so I’m sure we’d have a good showing. As it stands it looks like we have to hope Butler had some control over the tickets and that their fans will stand in for us.

Did all of the participating schools get screwed on tickets or just us!?
This is just an assumption based what I've read on this thread and told Wednesday night...I think everyone got screwed except Indiana State.

On Wednesday night i was informed that we didn't get any allotment for Hinkle. I assume all tickets were made available to the general public. My guess is that Indiana State fans were first in line being that they won on Tuesday night. It makes sense that they gobbled up those tickets quickly because they are local. This is the equivalent of the NIT final four being at the RAC and we had full 24-hour window to buy tickets before any other team.

This was kind of the perfect storm for Indiana State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT