ADVERTISEMENT

Networks, Tip Times Finalized For 2023-24 Men’s Basketball Slate

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Schedule

resize

New York, N.Y. — The BIG EAST Conference announced Wednesday its 2023-24 men's basketball television coverage for this season and Seton Hall men's basketball will once again see robust exposure across the FOX and CBS family of networks.

The Pirates will have 13 BIG EAST games on FS1 and four league games broadcast on CBS Sports Network. The Pirates' March 6 road tilt at defending national champion UConn will be televised nationally on CBS at 12 p.m.

Network designations and tip times were also assigned to Seton Hall's non-conference games. The Pirates' home opener against Saint Peter's on Nov. 6, part of the BIG EAST Opening Night Tip-Off, will start at 7:30 p.m. at Prudential Center. Now in its third consecutive season, BIG EAST Opening Night Tip-Off will include live look-ins on FS1 of seven non-conference contests. Full game coverage for all seven games will be available on the FOX Sports App.

The Garden State Hardwood Classic against in-state foe Rutgers can be seen on FS1 and will tip off at Prudential Center in primetime at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 9.

Season tickets for all 16 men's basketball games at Prudential Center are on sale both for the general population and for Seton Hall University students. Season tickets, which start at $215 per seat (plus a priority seat premium if applicable) represent the best possible value for cheering on the Pirates all season long.

For additional season ticket information, call the ticket office at (973) 275-4255 during normal business hours or email tickets@shu.edu. A mini plan option will go on sale in the coming days, and single-game tickets will go on sale later this fall. All tickets in 2023-24 are mobile, and fans can download the SHU Pirates mobile app on all iOS and Android smartphones to manage their tickets via account manager.

Seton Hall is led by second-year head coach Shaheen Holloway, who last season recorded the most overall wins (17) and most BIG EAST wins (10) of any first-year Pirates head coach in program history. Seton Hall returns three of its top four scorers from 2022-23, Al-Amir Dawes (Newark, N.J.), Kadary Richmond (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Dre Davis (Indianapolis, Ind.), and has reloaded with four impact veteran transfers and two high-ceiling freshmen. The Pirates have advanced to the postseason in six of the last seven years, including the NCAA Tournament five times.

I really don't mean to be so negative but the picture just keeps getting worse. 1 national game...

I really don't mean to be so negative but the picture just keeps getting worse. 1 national game...

Nobody thinks we’re going to be any good. Even the Sha story following the 2022 Cinderella Run and homecoming is now gone. No juice.

I guess there’s still some prestige to it, but the distinction of national has really lost a lot of the luster in this day and age IMO. Everything is national on this schedule.

Nobody thinks we’re going to be any good. Even the Sha story following the 2022 Cinderella Run and homecoming is now gone. No juice.

I guess there’s still some prestige to it, but the distinction of national has really lost a lot of the luster in this day and age IMO. Everything is national on this schedule.

I love the juice of a Sat game on Fox/CBS there is still some luster to that. CBS Sports Network is ehhh.

I love the juice of a Sat game on Fox/CBS there is still some luster to that. CBS Sports Network is ehhh.
While it's true there is no real difference between national TV anymore, linear broadcast TV is still better than national cable. The one distinction is that some broadcast TV games may only be shown regionally.

The one disappointment regarding the schedule for me from a broadcast standpoint is that there may well be no games on FOX this year (the possible exceptions being what I imagine would be the championship game in SD on Black Friday or the BET final).

While it's true there is no real difference between national TV anymore, linear broadcast TV is still better than national cable. The one distinction is that some broadcast TV games may only be shown regionally.

The one disappointment regarding the schedule for me from a broadcast standpoint is that there may well be no games on FOX this year (the possible exceptions being what I imagine would be the championship game in SD on Black Friday or the BET final).
College basketball is not the nfl, there are no regional broadcasts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT