Pat Lyons

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
seha-13-ad-newsletter-head.jpg

July, 2015

AD Newsletter July 2015

Record Year for Academic Success

8814643.jpeg

I'm proud to say that we've concluded our 2014-15 academic year on a historic note. All 14 of our varsity teams achieved a 3.0 GPA or higher in the classroom during the Spring 2015 semester. It's an incredible achievement by our student-athletes, who consistently make their studies a priority.

In total, the 14 programs combined for a 3.364 GPA during the spring, and our teams' cumulative GPA is now a record-high 3.346, the third consecutive semester we have set a new high. Half of our teams have cumulative GPAs over 3.40!

I can't thank our Academic Support Services staff, led by Matt Geibel, enough for their hard work in mentoring our student-athletes. I also have to thank our coaches for continuing to make academic success a priority.

I look forward to our continued classroom achievements as we develop student-athletes into leaders.

A Great Night at Our Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

8809695.jpeg

Our Hall of Fame Golf Outing & Induction Ceremony is one of my favorite days because we get the opportunity to celebrate Seton Hall's rich tradition of excellence in athletics by honoring and celebrating with Pirates of our past. This year, we inducted four outstanding members of our Seton Hall community, including Lou Cerchio '96, Samuel Dalembert, Greg Jemison '76 and Dr. John Petillo '69. Congratulations to all four for not only what they accomplished at Seton Hall, but also what they've gone on to accomplish in their careers since.

Our website - SHUPirates.com - has full coverage of the evening, and I encourage you to take a look and hear some of the great things our inductees had to say.

INDUCTION CEREMONY RECAP | SIGHTS & SOUNDS VIDEO | INTERVIEW WRAP-UPS

FULL INDUCTEE INTERVIEWS: CERCHIO | DALEMBERT | JEMISON | PETILLO

PHOTO GALLERY

Next Stop on the Pirate Blue Summer Caravan

8758841.jpeg

Our Pirate Blue crew is making its way around New Jersey this summer to see supporters as part of our Summer Caravan. Last Friday, we had fun at Monmouth Park Racetrack, and this month on Tuesday, July 21, we'll be at McLoone's Boathouse with coaches, giveaways and raffles from 5-8 p.m. To register for the event, click here.

Also don't miss the Summer Caravan at Red Bulls Arena on Sunday, August 9 as we take in the Red Bulls vs. NYCFC soccer match and catch up with former Pirates stars Sacha Kjilestan of the Red Bulls and Jason Hernandez of NYCFC!

Join us on the Craig Biggio Hall of Fame Bus Trip

seha-15-promos-biggio.jpg

This month will prove to be very special for everyone associated with Seton Hall as our beloved Craig Biggio will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown on July 26. We are running a bus trip to Cooperstown to see Craig's induction ceremony, and if you haven't yet signed up, now's your chance. Click here for more information and contact Josh Karp at 973-275-6446 to reserve your space.

8812793.jpeg

Mark Monday, Aug. 3 on your calendar as the annual Pirate Blue Golf Outing will take place that day at Navesink Country Club in Middletown, N.J. It will be an exciting day of golf because the winning foursome will represent Seton Hall University in the Acura College Alumni Team Championship at Pinehurst Resort on Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2015.

As always, your participation in this golf outing includes a gift to the Pirate Blue Athletic Fund to benefit our student-athletes and their experience.

For full details, click here.

Thank You from Pirate Blue

8814666.jpeg

It's the end of the 2014-15 year, and I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of our Pirate Blue supporters. While our staff works hard to close out the numbers for the year, all reports indicate another successful year for Pirate Blue.

Because of you and your extraordinary generosity, our student-athletes are fortunate to have a world-class experience here at Seton Hall. We've been able to upgrade each varsity team's locker room, enhance their athletic performance facilities and give them the proper space to enhance their academic performance.

As we move forward to 2015-16, we are excited to continue to build on the student-athlete experience, and we look forward to your continued support!

Reactions: IHM Pirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT