ADVERTISEMENT

Pirate Blue Donor Matching Day

A

anon_4htvdezyfe7k9

http://www.shupirates.com/sports/pirate-blue/spec-rel/042115aaa.html

Still trying to figure the new site out so not sure how this link will appear but an anonymous donor will be matching all donations at 30% and another will be donating $50K again if a donation is received from every state. I think that goal was reached last year but I can't remember if they released the total $ amount donated, but it will be interesting to see how this year compares.

BTW, the date is 4/30 (might have been helpful to include that in the original post).

Last edited by a moderator:

Still trying to figure the new site out so not sure how this link will appear but an anonymous donor will be matching all donations at 30% and another will be donating $50K again if a donation is received from every state. I think that goal was reached last year but I can't remember if they released the total $ amount donated, but it will be interesting to see how this year compares.

BTW, the date is 4/30 (might have been helpful to include that in the original post).
Pass this year. Real downer. Thanks KW.

Reactions: SHUMike
Pass this year. Real downer. Thanks KW.

Ouch. Can't say I blame you, but I'm going to bite the bullet and do what I can in spite of the other compelling reasons not to. I think you can also earmark any gifts to specific programs. That might send an even bigger message.

I got a call from an SHU student two nights ago regarding the general SHU donation fund and taking the advice of some posters here, actually took the call from the unknown # and had a great conversation for about 20 minutes. She didn't solicitate a donation but I asked to make a small contribution. I later received an email from Anthony Bellucci, who apparently is the Director of Annual Giving, who thanked me and asked if I could provide the reasons for my contribution. I told him it was as much to give back to the University as it was a direct result of the converstation I had with the student. (I couldn't help but throw in a comment about the MBB program to which he replied "I really hope our team turns it around next year").

I do not care how you feel about the Mens team, make the donation get the match and lets up we get that extra 50k!!! This is about the athletic department as a whole, KW is here not going anywhere support the kids and our school!!!

Last year, donations poured in non-stop for 24 hours from nearly 450 alumni, family and friends of Seton Hall Athletics, adding up to over $193,000 and setting a new Pirate Blue single-day record for contributions. Pirate Blue hopes to exceed this record this year with your support!

Last year, donations poured in non-stop for 24 hours from nearly 450 alumni, family and friends of Seton Hall Athletics, adding up to over $193,000 and setting a new Pirate Blue single-day record for contributions. Pirate Blue hopes to exceed this record this year with your support!

450 alumni doesn't sound that impressive, but for one day the overall $ figure is.

If I remember correctly there is also an option to post a comment when donating for those who may be on the fence about donating but would still like their voices heard in other ways.

Despite how poorly I believe SH has handled the situation I have decided to make a donation , and there was a point in time where I was not going to, but there just are too many really good people on our various athletic teams and too many hard working coaches for me not to support them, so I will.

Despite how poorly I believe SH has handled the situation I have decided to make a donation , and there was a point in time where I was not going to, but there just are too many really good people on our various athletic teams and too many hard working coaches for me not to support them, so I will.

With you 80. Wasn't going to a couple months back but after stepping back and also having some positive interactions with individuals at SHU who aren't directly responsible for my issues with the program I've gained perspective on the whole donation situation.

JimmyD, I'm looking at you? Where you at? Are you "Mr. 30%"?

With you 80. Wasn't going to a couple months back but after stepping back and also having some positive interactions with individuals at SHU who aren't directly responsible for my issues with the program I've gained perspective on the whole donation situation.

JimmyD, I'm looking at you? Where you at? Are you "Mr. 30%"?

Reactions: Flnj86

Does anyone know if you can designate Pirate Blue funds to a specific sport or group of sports when making your donation? I know that when you make donations to SHU general fund you can pick things like "Arts & Sciences", "Libraries" , "Area of Greatest Need". I wondering if you could say donation to Women's basketball or Facilities? This way you can still support and also keep away from Men's basketball if you would like to.

Great seeing the Women's Golf team, Volleyball and Basketball team having NCAA seasons. I really believe that our Men's Basketball Team is NCAA bound this coming year. They are our flagship program and we need to donate $ to support the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT