ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
1. Ourselves. To many “we were not ready” statements after blown out loses

2. 3 losses. Bad losses to RI and USC killed us and Creighton overtime loss (refs)

3. Administration. This is where the lack of NIL strategy has come back to bite us. Sha likely in a better position thus 1 & 2 don’t happen

2. 3 losses. Bad losses to RI and USC killed us and Creighton overtime loss (refs)

3. Administration. This is where the lack of NIL strategy has come back to bite us. Sha likely in a better position thus 1 & 2 don’t happen

4. Rewarding undeserving teams from Big 12, Big 10, SEC based on their NET

Agreed but we should of not been in this position.

Beat RU at home and USC on the road and we are a 8/9 seed

It’s VERY difficult to pull off a bid when you post the non-con we did. We all knew this.

We nearly pulled it off. I’m hoping for some luck. It’s been a strange season. We got our ass kicked too often, we had bad metrics, and there were more bid stealers than ever maybe?

It’s VERY difficult to pull off a bid when you post the non-con we did. We all knew this.

We nearly pulled it off. I’m hoping for some luck. It’s been a strange season. We got our ass kicked too often, we had bad metrics, and there were more bid stealers than ever maybe?
I hope we sneak in, but if we don't, I'm not going to make myself miserable. The team caved to St John's so I'll let them be the miserable ones. But Hope Springs Eternal

I’m sorry guys but even with Rutgers and St John’s tourney win this team would be sweating it out again too. Their NET wouldn’t be much better and those other teams just stole bids with their conference tournament wins

Another way to look at it:

1. The consensus was we’d stink in the preseason. Maybe mediocre at best.

2. We were awful in Nov/Dec. Fans were disappointed even some apathy.

3. We caught fire and gave us reason to hope with some exciting games, a winter of good vibes. 13-7 out of NOWHERE. Only our 6th best BE in what, 45 years? We beat freaking Connecticut and Marquette.

Sha’s gotta schedule to tweak our NET results. It’s too visible of a metric.

1) Bad OOC against a bad OOC SOS
2) Too many blowout losses
3) Not enough blowout wins

Reactions: garyshu71
Flip Rutgers and USC but make Connecticut a loss and we may have a better profile despite the bigger accomplishment is beating the Huskies. Wild how it works.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
I get getting a bit punished for OOC, but lets flip the script say we started the OOC 10-1 and ended Big East play at 10-10 does it make it different? how you finish should matter more

I get getting a bit punished for OOC, but lets flip the script say we started the OOC 10-1 and ended Big East play at 10-10 does it make it different? how you finish should matter more
That’s the Bubble Life. Every team has warts you can pick at, the question is which ones do the Committee care about this time around?

For us it’s NET and team we were in non-conference. For others it’s lack of quality wins or too many losses to bad teams.

Reactions: garyshu71
That’s the Bubble Life. Every team has warts you can pick at, the question is which ones do the Committee care about this time around?

For us it’s NET and team we were in non-conference. For others it’s lack of quality wins or too many losses to bad teams.
Agree with most of this but our 5 Q1 wins was the most of any P6 bubble team according to The Athletic.

• Love
Reactions: silkcitypirate
4. Rewarding undeserving teams from Big 12, Big 10, SEC based on their NET
The theory was play a lighter schedule and beat up on them rather than play a more difficult schedule. We might as well play a killer schedule because we don’t run up scores so our NET looks bad. We can play #1 or #300 and we’re going to usually play within 10.

The theory was play a lighter schedule and beat up on them rather than play a more difficult schedule. We might as well play a killer schedule because we don’t run up scores so our NET looks bad. We can play #1 or #300 and we’re going to usually play within 10.
That is what the MWC does to perfection. Also net barely moves when you get to conference play (which is a flaw) lots of schools know how to manipulate this

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT