ADVERTISEMENT

SETON HALL BOOSTER CLUB INFORMATION

SnakeTom

May 29, 2001
In response to inquiries about the Seton Hall Booster club here is some information. We are an Independent social group consisting of Seton Hall alumni and Pirate Basketball fans. We were founded in 1981 with the approval of then Athletic Director Richie Regan with the purpose of increasing fan support for our teams and at games. We are not a fund raising group (that would be Pirate Blue). We run several trips per year to away games sometimes as bus trips & other times by air for tournaments or away games (Last year we went to the Tournament in Orlando & also to Indianapolis for the Butler game).

We also have a pre and post season dinner where the assistant coaches and/or our beat reporters will talk about our prospects. Each June we run a Day at the races and picnic at Monmouth Park..

If you are interested in joining please send me (snaketom@aol.com) your mailing address and I will add you to our mailing list for the upcoming season. The next mail out will be in September after the schedule comes out. At that time we will announce on next seasons trips & membership gifts. Our membership dues are $60 for a regular member and $120 for a gold member. The members each year receive gifts relating to Pirate Hoops. Last year regular member received a long sleeve pirate T shirt while gold members received a duffel bag with pirate logo plus the shirt. Other years the gift have included items such as jackets or sweatshirts. The dues are to meet our expenses. All our events are run at cost. Any surplus at the end of the year is donated to WSOU radio for their sports coverage.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @SHBoosterclub and on our website at www.SetonHallBoosterClub.net

The first event for this year will be our early season Tip Off Dinner on Nov. 18.

I hope this answers your questions. If there is anything I did not cover please let me know.

Tom K

If you're a Seton Hall Basketball fan, It's the best $60.00 or $120.00 you'll ever spend.
The Booster Club trips(at their cost) are phenomenal and worth every cent...you will never regret it. To top it off...you get to meet and form friendships with the nicest people.

Joining the Booster Club was an important part of our way to becoming part of the Pirate Family. When I come to the school or a game, instead of being anonymous because I am not an alum, I recognize my many Pirate friends. The people running the club are the most devoted fans and they welcome everyone.

Preseason Dinner Tip Off Party will be Nov 18 and weekend bus trip trip to Washington DC for Georgetown game are being planned. Details will follow in early October mailout.

Tom K

The Booster Club will also run a bus to Brooklyn for the final round of the pre season NIT on Friday Nov. 24. (We will not run a bus for the semifinal games which are on Thanksgiving.)

Tom K

Membership letter for upcoming season will go out on October 5th. Anyone else who wants to be placed on our mailing list should let me know by sending your postal mailing address to me. SnakeTom@aol.com.

Right now plans include Early Season Tip Off Dinner 11/18, Bus to PreSeason NIT Finals 11/24, Weekend Bus Trip to DC for Georgetown game, Post season Don Pepe Dinner & June Monmouth Park picnic. Additional events are being planned.

Tom K

I suggest running a bus trip to the nova game should be easy to get tickets since the game is not on campus.

I suggest running a bus trip to the nova game should be easy to get tickets since the game is not on campus.

Isn't that game scheduled for Superbowl Sunday ? If so it might be difficult to fill the bus since many people go to parties etc. I'll discuss it with Vinnie though..

Tom K

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT