ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Concludes Homestand Tonight Against Providence

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

resize

Game 20: Providence Friars (12-6, 3-4 BIG EAST) vs. Seton Hall Pirates (13-6, 6-2 BIG EAST)
Wednesday, Jan. 24 • Prudential Center (Newark, N.J.) • 6:30 p.m.
TV: FS1 • John Fanta & Sarah Kustok
Web: FOXSports.com/Live
Radio: SHU Pirates Mobile App / Pirate Sports Network / SiriusXM 382 / SXM app 972 / Gary Cohen & Dave Popkin
Game Notes: Seton Hall | Creighton
Follow Along: Instagram | X | Live Stats

NOTES YOU NEED TO KNOW
  • Winners of eight of its last 10 games going back to Dec. 12, the Seton Hall men's basketball team will wrap up a three-game homestand on Wednesday when the Pirates take on Providence at 6:30 p.m. at Prudential Center.
  • Seton Hall is 8-2 at Prudential Center this season and it's 84-64 (.568) all-time in Newark against BIG EAST competition.
  • The Hall is coming off of a triple overtime loss to No. 18 Creighton, 97-94 on Saturday afternoon.
  • In just the second triple overtime game in program history and the first since 1983, Kadary Richmond registered Seton Hall's second triple-double and the first ever against a BIG EAST team with 21 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists.
  • Richmond, Dre Davis (21 points) and Al-Amir Dawes (21 points) became the first Seton Hall trio to score 20 points in a game against a Div. I opponent since Myles Powell, Khadeen Carrington and Desi Rodgriguez at Iowa in 2016.
  • In his second season at Seton Hall, head coach Shaheen Holloway guided the Pirates to a 6-1 start to BIG EAST play, which was tied for the second-best start in program history.
  • Seton Hall is one of 11 teams in Division I with at least four Quad 1 wins (Purdue, Boise State, Arizona, Houston, Kansas, UConn, Villanova, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas A&M.)
  • The Pirates' 4-4 record against Q1 opponents ranks 20th in the country.
  • Picked to finish ninth out of 11 teams in the BIG EAST preseason poll, the Pirates are currently in second place in the BIG EAST at 6-2 in the conference.
  • Seton Hall received votes this week in the AP Top 25 for the third consecutive week, checking in at the 26th slot in the poll with 84 votes.
  • Seton Hall is one of seven teams in the country with multiple wins over top 10 teams along with Purdue (4), Kansas (2), UConn (2), Kentucky (2), TCU (2) and North Carolina (2).
  • Of the Pirates' six wins in BIG EAST play, three have come against ranked opponents (No. 5 UConn, No. 23 Providence, No. 7 Marquette).
  • This season marks the 12th time in program history that the Pirates have beaten at least three ranked opponents; nine of those squads reached the NCAA Tournament.
  • Kadary Richmond has paced Seton Hall early on in BIG EAST play as he ranks in the top 10 in scoring (4th, 18.8 ppg), rebounding (6th, 8.1 rpg), assists (t-2nd, 5.8 apg), free throw pct (6th, .854) and steals (2nd, 2.5 spg) in the league.
  • Richmond earned his league-best fifth BIG EAST weekly honor of the season on Monday after averaging 16.5 points, 10.0 rebounds, 7.5 assists and. 2.5 steals per game in a 1-1 week.
  • Five of Richmond's eight career 20-point games have come in BIG EAST play this season.
  • Seton Hall ranks 10th in KenPom's DI experience metric (3.05 years) and that experience has been proven to be valuable in tight games.
  • The Pirates are 4-1 this season in games decided by five points or less and 6-3 in games decided by 10 or less.
  • The Hall is 12-0 this season when leading at halftime.
  • The Pirates are shooting 77 percent as a team from the free throw line, a clip that ranks third in the BIG EAST and 17th in the country.
  • The Pirates are 12-2 this season when Al-Amir Dawes scores in double figures and 6-0 when he's the team's leading scorer.
  • Jaden Bediako ranks second in the BIG EAST and ranks sixth in Division I averaging 4.1 offensive rebounds per game.
  • Dre Davis has scored in double-figures in each of the last nine games and he's averaging 15.2 ppg in that span.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I find it crazy that we wrap up the in season series with Providence before playing Nova or DePaul. Nova finished their 2 matchups with DePaul on Jan 12th. After 5 Big East games nova already played 2 with DePaul. Big East needs to try to get some more alignment to these sequences

Reactions: Piratz
I find it crazy that we wrap up the in season series with Providence before playing Nova or DePaul. Nova finished their 2 matchups with DePaul on Jan 12th. After 5 Big East games nova already played 2 with DePaul. Big East needs to try to get some more alignment to these sequences
It’s been that way for 45 years. Between TV and working out dates in pro arenas, it’s how it works.

Reactions: Piratz
I have no problem with that. It’s like having an ace in the hole (until DePaul beats us).

Man I hope they get their one win soon.

Ticket sales look pretty good hopefully we finish strong. No steps back. Get this win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT