ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall @ Marquette Game Thread

Not sure why Powell has fallen in love with the gimmick shots.

Another gimmick was Willard switching to the zone late in the game when we were up led to an easy back door cut. Just play straight up man to man - or the defender needs to be aware of the cutter.

Have to watch game again to see what we could have changed.

Marquette won game at free throw line for sure.

Great defense in second half.

We could have used Gill in those last 3 minutes.

Take comfort in knowing we will not lose to that team again and I'm hoping we get two more cracks at them. Solid effort on road against team that will finish no less than top 3rd of BE this year.

It wasn't just just the missed call on Q. The "push" by Nzei never happened the defender was out of position and just flailed and the official assumed he was pushed. Look at replay, Nzei never extends his arm. I'm surprised Howard was called for offensive foul late in game. Guess it helped pad the foul number called on Marquette where it wouldn't hurt them since we got loose ball anyway and actually helped them by stopping the transition. They called a goaltend late on an Nzei shot but missed one earlier on Sandro layup. I thought ball was on backboard when blocked. Just horrible all day.

We actually outplayed them. Less TO, better overall shooting, better from 3, pretty even on boards. Big discrepancy,.. FT'S. you can't tell me that on 45 2pt attempts there were only 9 FT's

Last edited:
Willard had every right to be pissed off. I hope this one sticks in the whole team’s gut and they play tough and angry the rest of the way. We can’t allow all that defensive work to be taken away by a bunch of idiot homer refs and this team of homers. I have a lot of respect for Howard. But the Hausers, and John need a good lesson of being played over the back. Maybe some Brodie inforcer time is necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT