ADVERTISEMENT

Should Someone So Stupid Be In Congress?

The sign basically says to make the alarm go off and the door will open in 30 seconds.

Dumb mistake that I personally wouldn't have made, but the initial claims about what he did obviously seem to have been way overblown now.

Reactions: Robot_Man
At a school where fire has hit home, the fact that anybody is defending somebody pulling a fire alarm is quite disturbing. Anybody over the age of 6 knows exactly what a fire alarm is and how to use it. Its sad that this is where politics is.

Reactions: shu09
The sign basically says to make the alarm go off and the door will open in 30 seconds.

Dumb mistake that I personally wouldn't have made, but the initial claims about what he did obviously seem to have been way overblown now.
It says "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY" in three different places....on a bright red sign.

And he further insults everyone with his public dopey excuse. Yet people will defend him for one reason and one reason only.

Reactions: SPK145
It says "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY" in three different places....on a bright red sign.

And he further insults everyone with his public dopey excuse. Yet people will defend him for one reason and one reason only.

Right, but it is a door which is usually open for members of congress which he was used to using.
Not defending him. It was a dumb thing to do, but assuming it was just a mistake it's also really not that big of a deal.

If it was intentional to delay a vote or something, I'd vote to expel him.

Right, but it is a door which is usually open for members of congress which he was used to using.
Not defending him. It was a dumb thing to do, but assuming it was just a mistake it's also really not that big of a deal.

So being that it is usually open means pulls the fire alarm?

So being that it is usually open means pulls the fire alarm?

Clearly, no. He should not have gone that way.
I don't like Bowman and have found some of his antics to be way more off putting than making the mistake of trying to go through a fire exit.

That's a big assumption.
Didn't it delay the vote because they had to clear the building?

Clearly, no. He should not have gone that way.
I don't like Bowman and have found some of his antics to be way more off putting than making the mistake of trying to go through a fire exit.
You clearly know more about this man then I do, but anybody over 6 that makes this mistake, other then thinking that there was an actual fire, should be looked into because they clearly had ill intent or mentally ill.

Until we had pictures that said the door would open 30 seconds after the alarm went off, I would have agreed.

No. The alarm was in a different building across the street. It had no impact on the vote.
It was in the Cannon House Office building...... which had to be evacuated. Many people were impacted. Merge... you amaze me at the lengths to which you go to overlook / minimize / ignore / deny / misrepresent leftist foul ups / illegal activity / mis-steps, etc.

Front-cover.png

NYPICHPDPICT000053195635-1.jpg

NYPICHPDPICT000053277926.jpg

NYPICHPDPICT000053277925.jpg

In DC it is a misdemeanor punishable by a $100 fine and up to 6 months prison.

My guess is he was accustom to using the door but for some reason it was now declared an emergency exit only. He chose to ignore that and pull the alarm so the door would open.

I believe he full well knew he was setting of the alarm but did not care. He did not want to be bothered finding a proper exit. I don't buy the "It was a mistake" excuse.

I don't believe he did it to delay to the vote.

It was in the Cannon House Office building...... which had to be evacuated. Many people were impacted. Merge... you amaze me at the lengths to which you go to overlook / minimize / ignore / deny / misrepresent leftist foul ups / illegal activity / mis-steps, etc.

The way this was initially report and repeated here was that he pulled the alarm in an effort to delay the vote and that congress was evacuated. That reporting was not correct. He pulled an alarm in the cannon house which had no impact on the vote.

The politicians crying foul are just playing the game. They were dealt a "political win" because Bowman did something stupid and they're running with it. Dems would do the same if a republican did it.

Again, I don't like Bowman and this was a dumb thing to do... but I'm not clutching my pearls over this. It's just not that big of a deal.

In DC it is a misdemeanor punishable by a $100 fine and up to 6 months prison.

My guess is he was accustom to using the door but for some reason it was now declared an emergency exit only. He chose to ignore that and pull the alarm so the door would open.

I believe he full well knew he was setting of the alarm but did not care. He did not want to be bothered finding a proper exit. I don't buy the "It was a mistake" excuse.

I don't believe he did it to delay to the vote.

Exactly. He knew the alarm would go off and did not care because he is an entitled politician who thinks he is above the rules.
Dumb thing to do, not the end of the world.

Another politician that thinks that they can lie and it's okay (even when the video proves otherwise). What a tool. NYC gets what they deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT