ADVERTISEMENT

SHU-NJIT Box

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
FWIW given some rotations.

All Richmond and Davis, which is how we need to roll this year.

Bediako + EHE with 8 fouls in 19 minutes? Uhhhh… what? 👀💀

Reactions: mbraue
Put really zero stock into this but Dawes 1-6 from 3

we were literally just told he looked like a mix of curry/bird/Miller from 3?

That’s why this is all nonsense. Tell me about real deal games or I don’t really want to hear anything (except recruiting info)

Last edited:
Reactions: HallGuy23
Put really zero stock into this but Dawes 1-6 from 3

Weren’t we literally just told he looked like a mix of curry/bird/Miller from 3?

That’s why this is all nonsense. Tell me about real deal games or I don’t really want to hear anything (except recruiting info)
Dawes is exactly who he is.. expecting improvement from him at this point of his career isn’t likely happening.. poor shooting by the whole team. Looks like last year, especially if Kadary gets hurt.

Reactions: shu09
I’m not concerned with the Big 4. Richmond, Davis, and Addae-Wusu did as expected. Dawes was Dawes. Kadary seems as advertised. Impressive development.

Not sure what’s going on at center, that’s UGLY, to my surprise. And mildly concerned nobody else did a thing despite playing decent minutes. Although I don’t think Sanders + Coleman will play 36 minutes and shoot 0/9 often.

Reactions: SHU Advisory
Kadary will need triple double esque averages and scoring 20+ a night for shu to be competitive

Reactions: LBP43
Was at the game. I have Seton Hall picked 7th and after today I wouldn’t change it.

Richmond and Davis were very good.

At their best offensively when Richmond, Davis, and Dawes went one on obe.

Defense was shaky at times but overall decent.

One quick takeaway from the box -- and without being able to see the game. Dylan Addae-Wusu was +19 in 30 minutes.

Even though he didn't score the ball much, he was apparently very effective while on the floor.

I'll post in detail tomorrow on the Trove.

My major worry as I have noted on the Trove is our 14 foot center and the bench. Little that I saw on this one day changed that opinion.

Those were my 2 X factors going in and even though it's early they still are.

Richmond was out of this world. Wusu despite not have major stats was very solid. Davis missed a bunch of chippies but overall he was solid. Dawes really struggled until about the 7 minute mark in the second half and then (with Richmond on the bench) he took over and played like I hope he plays all year.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Sanders still not healthy. At 70% according to Sha. The big 4 all played more than 30 minutes. That’s a lot for an exhibition. Does anyone know how much they played in the secret scrimmage?

Sanders still not healthy. At 70% according to Sha. The big 4 all played more than 30 minutes. That’s a lot for an exhibition. Does anyone know how much they played in the secret scrimmage?
Yeah, this wasn't a typical "exhibition" game when you look at the guys and minutes they played. Sha played his top players BE minutes.

If we're going to be running Dre at the 5 for stretches like that we're toast.

The biggest takeaway from today on the positive side for Seton Hall is that Kadary Richmond looked spectacular. Sporting a slimmed-down physique, the Brooklyn native seemingly did whatever he wanted to do on the floor, displaying an overall smoothness and ease of motion that I hadn't seen before.

NJIT had absolutely no answer for him, as “Kooks” finished with a game-high 24 points on 9-for-10 shooting, nine rebounds, six assists, and two steals while only committing two turnovers. That line alone would be impressive, but it was the way that he got those numbers that really impressed me, how he seemed totally in control, how he slithered through the defense, how he delivered passes to teammates that didn't even seem open at the time.

He's always had the skill, but now he has the physical traits on top of the skill, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that if he stays healthy, Richmond could be a first team all-Big East player this season. He looked that good.

Yeah, this wasn't a typical "exhibition" game when you look at the guys and minutes they played. Sha played his top players BE minutes.

If we're going to be running Dre at the 5 for stretches like that we're toast.
I think that’s because we would have lost if he tried anything different, scary.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT