ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer

Can go grab a rebound, needle a pass at foul line or deeper and is a 3 level threat

Absolutely not.

I've eaten my words on DiVincenzo and Ryan A from Villanova, but I am leaning towards believing this, too. He's small, not quick, and has benefitted from having an All-Star team around him. He didn't much like our physical style, whether on rutgers or uconn. He really stuck it to ru, and his parents are blowhards, so he's easy to root against.

Reactions: Piratz
I've eaten my words on DiVincenzo and Ryan A from Villanova, but I am leaning towards believing this, too. He's small, not quick, and has benefitted from having an All-Star team around him. He didn't much like our physical style, whether on rutgers or uconn. He really stuck it to ru, and his parents are blowhards, so he's easy to root against.
On this we agree 100% Donnie.

Reactions: donnie_baseball

Only a 3 year age difference between spencer and divincenzo which is crazy for a guy who’s been in the league 7 seasons.

I think cam will get his chance at the NBA. His brother Pat did this season with golden state. Cams a better shooter. I just don’t see it more than an end of the season, injury / out of playoff contention situation

DiVincenzo is a much, much better athlete than Spencer though.

Look Spencer has been awesome this year and better than I thought he would be watching him from afar at Rutgers. I truly believe he stepped into the absolute perfect role on that team, and credit to Hurley & Co. for mining the portal so successfully, landing him, and using him in a way that maximizes his ability. Credit to the kid too. Those who follow RU will know more than me on this, but my recall is that everyone thought it was Georgetown and not Uconn who "lured" Spencer out of the portal in the first place.

Maybe Pike didn’t know how to use Spencer. Meager offense nearly total focus on defense. He made his decision late, unfortunately for RU, but it was the right choice for him obviously.

Last edited:
DiVencenzo is/was a superior player compared to Spencer. Make no mistake. Spencer is a great IQ player who can shoot and benefits greatly by being surrounded by the roster he has at UConn.

Reactions: Jerry1992
DiVincenzo is a much, much better athlete than Spencer though.

Look Spencer has been awesome this year and better than I thought he would be watching him from afar at Rutgers. I truly believe he stepped into the absolute perfect role on that team, and credit to Hurley & Co. for mining the portal so successfully, landing him, and using him in a way that maximizes his ability. Credit to the kid too. Those who follow RU will know more than me on this, but my recall is that everyone thought it was Georgetown and not Uconn who "lured" Spencer out of the portal in the first place.
It was GTown, but once on the market higher offers came in. Plus, defending national champs or rebuilding Hoyas? Similar to Cliff this year, Vitamin Water drew him out, but much larger offers are coming in.

Cam Spencer has everything the NBA looks for.......and there is no reason to compare him to Divencenzo or Ryan A. Divencenzo is a much better athlete than Cam.

Cam Spencer has everything the NBA looks for.......and there is no reason to compare him to Divencenzo or Ryan A. Divencenzo is a much better athlete than Cam.
Except athleticism, quickness, and the ability to play defense. Although the last item is probably optional in today's NBA.

Reactions: Gohall129
Except athleticism, quickness, and the ability to play defense. Although the last item is probably optional in today's NBA.
Also Ryan A and DD are totally different players.

DD is a high-level athlete even for NBA standards, who can really shoot, defend and do other stuff. He is borderline starter on even really good NBA teams.

Archie is and has been a end of bench type guy who sticks around because he's probably ridiculously good in the locker room, as good a teammate as you can have, and can run the point in a pinch if it ever came to that. Sometimes bringing all those intangibles can keep you on NBA rosters for years even if you never play. The Knicks had a guy like that a few years ago, forget his name, who was from North Carolina and basically carved out a career by being that type of end-of-bench guy. Haslem essentially had that role in Miami for years because of how valued he was for his leadership by the Heat front office and staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT