ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Sterling Gibbs

buckfoston824

Junior
Jan 15, 2012
For beating Villanova in the Big East tournament Kemba Walker style, for putting up with this dumpster fire of a program and keeping cool about it in public.

He was a classy player for us and I hope he finds nothing but success at his next school. He gave 100% every game even when his coach was trying to light a fire with wet dog hair.

He sat out a season to play for this team and I hope that he had some good memories and ultimately remembers this place for all of the good things that happened.

Reactions: SHUSource
Why start another thread about a former Pirate? Why not let this RIP a already? I too wish him well in whatever he does or goes, but ENOUGH already!

He gave us the most (only?) highlights the past two years. Can't help but thank him for that, even if it's been done already on this board. I wish him well, unless he goes to UConn.

Thank you for the Ts over the past 2 years, the swagger and the punch seen around the world. He should be forgotten, quickly.

He did not help Seton Hall's reputation one bit. In fact, he embarrassed us. I'm glad he's taking that attitude elsewhere.

We shouldn't have needed a buzzer beater to beat Villanova in the first place.

Gibbs can get lost. If he were any good, he'd be in the NBA, but he knows he'll go undrafted so he keeps bouncing around schools trying to get people to notice. This fool wants someone to praise him as a superstar. He wants to be a Wooden Award winner and average 30ppg while his teammates are all averaging 5ppg. Maybe he needs to stop being Cerasoli 2.0 and realize he isn't as good as everyone tells him he is.

Gibbs can get lost. If he were any good, he'd be in the NBA, but he knows he'll go undrafted so he keeps bouncing around schools trying to get people to notice. This fool wants someone to praise him as a superstar. He wants to be a Wooden Award winner and average 30ppg while his teammates are all averaging 5ppg. Maybe he needs to stop being Cerasoli 2.0 and realize he isn't as good as everyone tells him he is.

Strong words. And you called someone in the other thread "angry"? It seems you know something about angry.

I seem to recall that for the main stretch when Gibbs was taking most of the shots and truly "the man" this past year is when The Hall had their most success. He was the best player on a team that had the talent to make the NCAA's if they could have overcome their coach. Yes, he was a part of the implosion at the end of the year for sure, but without Gibbs last year The Hall was probably looking at 2-16 type BE record.

Heck, at least if that happened we wouldn't have all been teased into losing our minds from the peak of 12-2 and ranked #19 to the dumpster fire the year became.

Thank you for the Ts over the past 2 years, the swagger and the punch seen around the world. He should be forgotten, quickly.

The Willard sympathizers (like this poster) are quick to throw the players under the bus. A stronger leadership presence in the locker room could have kept Gibbs in line. When you have a coach who has zero leadership skills and takes no accountability for any failings, you get players who do their own thing and get into trouble.

Gibbs is not to blame for everything that happened in the locker room. Some of the blame can be placed on the freshmen who came in believing all the hype about themselves. They were led to believe they were the next best thing since peanut butter. They thought they were "one and done" and frustration levels were high when they realized they would have to stay and actually have to perform both on and off the court. I am not saying Gibbs was blameless but those kids egos are unreal.

I seem to recall that for the main stretch when Gibbs was taking most of the shots and truly "the man" this past year is when The Hall had their most success. He was the best player on a team that had the talent to make the NCAA's if they could have overcome their coach. Yes, he was a part of the implosion at the end of the year for sure, but without Gibbs last year The Hall was probably looking at 2-16 type BE record.

Heck, at least if that happened we wouldn't have all been teased into losing our minds from the peak of 12-2 and ranked #19 to the dumpster fire the year became.

"2-16"... Haha... We would have had the same record with any steady PG. We had similar records with guys like Harvey and Theodore at the point. Gibbs didn't make the difference contrary to popular opinion. I'd say he was good for maybe 1-2 more wins than we would have had otherwise. Unreal how this forum inflates his legacy and acts like we'd be on Fairleigh Dickinson's level without him. If we had a legit, steady PG, think Kevin Pangos from Gonzaga, we'd have gone 23-7 and earned a solid seed in the NCAA Tournament.

bunch of people on this thread must have been watching a different team than I was these past two seasons

Hope he's happy that he started this thread now. Hate to be an I told you so, but I told you so!

The Willard sympathizers (like this poster) are quick to throw the players under the bus. A stronger leadership presence in the locker room could have kept Gibbs in line. When you have a coach who has zero leadership skills and takes no accountability for any failings, you get players who do their own thing and get into trouble.
This!!! #firewillard

For beating Villanova in the Big East tournament Kemba Walker style, for putting up with this dumpster fire of a program and keeping cool about it in public.

He was a classy player for us and I hope he finds nothing but success at his next school. He gave 100% every game even when his coach was trying to light a fire with wet dog hair.

Are you serious? He was a real classy player when he punched out Archie in this year's Villanova game.
Get real, will you? If he leaves UCONN at the end of the first semester, can he he transfer to yet a fourth school?

He sat out a season to play for this team and I hope that he had some good memories and ultimately remembers this place for all of the good things that happened.

Sterling Gibbs @SterlingGibbs4 · May 12
Done with finals, done with school
203c.png
1f64c.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT