ADVERTISEMENT

The Good Times

Remember listening to the game on the radio at my job. How many clutch jumpers did Dehere hit in his career at SHU?

This end game was made possible by great shooting by Leahy. And of course, Terry finished it off, like he always did. I never thought PJ was a great offensive coach, but if we needed a bucket, he drew up a way to get Terry a decent look, which he always made.

I was at the game. Leahy saved our trip. Team then played great and hammered Missouri in the next round.

I used to ride the bus to NYC at that time with a fellow SHU fanatic. On the morning of the 7th game of the World Series, we would talk SHU recruiting the whole trip. We rode together the morn of the Lasalle game. I told him I was taking a hoops loving customer to Ryan McFaddens to watch the game. He could not meet me and not could he listen to the radio either. His wife taped the game but he went to great lengths to not know the outcome. I get on the same bus home as him and give him a look that he interpreted as us losing. So he was doubly happy when Terry hit the shot. I remember the local news account of the game, Leahy hit from the left, he hit from the right, from dead on.

I was watching that link for a few minutes earlier and shaking my head that we had Walker and Winchester, Karnishovis and Leahy, with Lu on the bench, two capable points (and Bryan was way more than capable) and an AA at the 2. Man o man. For those to young to remember, that was a f'ing time!! Jerry and Gordon...Artie and John, what happened to forwards like those guys?

Watched that game in an airport on my way home from a business trip. After Dehere's shot I ran to my gate and arrived just in time to see the door close and my plane backing out.

Richie Regan said at the time that it was the golden age of Seton Hall athletics: BE basketball power, NCAA tourney threat, College Baseball World Series, top notch soccer, and John Moon's track team winning Big East Championships.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
This brings back so many good memories of the amazing teams we had during that era. What a pleasure to watch great defense, hitting free throws which keeps the team in the game despite not having a great offensive game.

Is it me or were there less timeouts back then?

If I recall it had snowed and I had a few friends over to my house. It was a snow day and an afternoon game so I was off from work as well as my two children then 11 and 13. My wife was away in France with her sisters and my house was Tourney central all weekend. Those were the days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT