ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbits from our Jevon Thomas interview

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
“My sit out year will basically be focusing on getting better and understanding his (Willard’s) offense. I think I’m a great leader and a great defender; I can bring that, but learning the offense and working on my shooting accuracy and reading the game a little better is my goal. You can always get better at controlling the game and being a leader. I’ll be on the scout team helping my teammates while improving my game and learning the offense so when I’m eligible things should be good to go for me to immediately make an impact.”

“Sterling Gibbs came from Texas to Seton Hall and look how much better he got in that year off. I figure I could do something similar and finish my career on top.”

"I bring energy. I believe I am a great leader and lock down defender. I'm going to give my all, no complaining. It's going to be a good three years to show the the fans the player I can really be. I can't wait to get started"

Many feel that good defense wins games. When teams play good defense it can be a constant that can be counted on the entire game.

“Sterling Gibbs came from Texas to Seton Hall and look how much better he got in that year off. I figure I could do something similar and finish my career on top.”
Someone actually improved from a scrub at Texas to a 2nd team (should have been 1st) All BE player under this coaching staff ! I'm shocked for I've been told over and over and over.... by many on this board that this never ever happens at SHU under this coaching staff. Gee I guess that someone on the coaching staff should receive some credit for this. Heaven forbid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT