ADVERTISEMENT

TV Broadcasters Sunday

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little disappointed that it won't be Lappas.

My Phillies fan friend calls McCarthy "generic announcer guy," but at least he's a Jersey guy.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little disappointed that it won't be Lappas.

My Phillies fan friend calls McCarthy "generic announcer guy," but at least he's a Jersey guy.
McCarthy is a good RSN baseball guy in that he develops a familiar relationship with the audience that tunes in night in and night out, like me. So when he’s on the call for us, I have that built-in familiarity with him, but I can understand why others don’t care for him.

mccarthy is a bit of a dork but he's really not that bad except for his home run calls. he does a good job of knowing the teams he announces

Reactions: SHUSource
Yuck. McCarthy is a Philly homer and not a good announcer to begin with. Gillen is half in the grave. This should be a Catalon-Lappas game.

For the Phillies? Absolutely. In a game like this tomorrow? He'll play it straight up the middle, but I think he identified more with Seton Hall than Villanova.
i mean hes the phillies home announcer but in no way a "homer" hes pretty even keel (and somewhat boring because of it). sometimes its hes not even truly excited when the phils do somthing good.

ive seen/heard a lot bigger homers in the philly market.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT