ADVERTISEMENT

UConn/‘Bama

Hall-O-Daze

All Big East
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
44-40 Huskies at the half. If you’re Alabama, you can’t feel great that you shoot over 70% from three and you’re still down.

Crazy. If UConn shoots just a little better the lead would be much higher. Sears is an incredible player. Hoping UConn stays strong and Bama cools off a little. Can they sustain 72% shooting from 3?

Yeah took it to up 8. Does Bama hit a couple of quick 3s again. Fun game. Go huskies

Reactions: CL82
Sears is terrific. Love nelson. Spencer playing so hard. Bama wont go away.

And i love hearing it...only kansas, Seton Hall and Creighton!!!

Refuse to believe the travel mishap hasn’t made a significant impact on this game.

Refs have a very hot whistle for keeping this one close.

I wonder if Danny will ever consider jumping to the pros. I imagine he’s gonna start getting offers.

I wonder if Danny will ever consider jumping to the pros. I imagine he’s gonna start getting offers.
He's indicated that he has an interest. He's also said that he's not entirely sure his coaching style would be transferable to the pros. I think eventually he may decide to give it a shot but he recognizes he needs to develop a little bit first.

He's indicated that he has an interest. He's also said that he's not entirely sure his coaching style would be transferable to the pros. I think eventually he may decide to give it a shot but he recognizes he needs to develop a little bit first.
I’m surprised he’s even indicated any interest. He seems like the quintessential college lifer to me, and I mean that in a complimentary way. I don’t think his style would transfer to the pros at all, as good as he is. Danny is in a position to be an equal to Calhoun at UConn if he understands it.

I’m surprised he’s even indicated any interest. He seems like the quintessential college lifer to me, and I mean that in a complimentary way. I don’t think his style would transfer to the pros at all, as good as he is. Danny is in a position to be an equal to Calhoun at UConn if he understands it.
The indication may be a negotiating tactic as well. I don’t think Wright ever had any intention of coaching pro but it was an awesome chip for his agent to get him more money

Reactions: Piratz and Halldan1
That's what agents do. Sha's did the same with Louisville and the result will be an eventually announced extension which will also take care of the staff.

Reactions: Piratz
I think he basically said as much about at least giving the NBA a try to see as a challenge for himself in interviews. Would he jump into the dumpster fire that is the Nets?

I think it is just his drive to compete against the best and play at the highest level. I absolutely agree with you that I don't see it being a great fit for him, but Hurley is big into introspection and self development. He may get to a place where he thinks he can make the jump.

Reactions: SHUSource
Raf did a great job explaining how danny got castle good shots.
Well he got 6 of his points because Alabama decided not to guard him from three. He just took his time and made the shots. Nice composure for a freshman in a final four game.

Reactions: LBP43
Well he got 6 of his points because Alabama decided not to guard him from three. He just took his time and made the shots. Nice composure for a freshman in a final four game.
Right. Raf was talking about what he set up after he made the threes. I dont hate daring a frosh to hit an ooen three. Castle made it bad strategy.

Imo as much as clingan getting hurt the difference between the team we beat by 15 and who you are now is castle.

Reactions: CL82
Right. Raf was talking about what he set up after he made the threes. I dont hate daring a frosh to hit an ooen three. Castle made it bad strategy.

Imo as much as clingan getting hurt the difference between the team we beat by 15 and who you are now is castle.
He was injured early on and got a slow start, but he's coming into his own. I've never been a big one in done guy, but Castle is making a believer out of me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT