ADVERTISEMENT

What da ya think?

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
You tube editing or does he have the talent?

Braeden Anderson - Fresno State - NCAA Scouting Video (8:47)

Both..shows some nice moves, but his stats are his stats...I would question why he didn't get the minutes and stats for someone that looks this good on tape.

You have to think the coaching staff saw Anderson play post accident in pick up games and thought be was close to 100% right?

Though they did take ajou knowing his abilities as well but I'm thinking ajou was the exception bc it's not often you can get someone 7'foot and above.

Did we have any connections from Anderson's former school that watched their practices to find out why he didn't get more PT?

He may be promising but he is no Ray Austin.

It is unfair for us to constantly question kids but past history of the staff decisions, some of them colossal miscalculations, make the doubts warranted.

Last edited:
I'll expect little and hope for the best. If he hadn't displaced 2 cervical vertebra I would be exited to have a guy who can score around the basket. For anyone here who has ever suffered from a herniated disc you know how bad that can be. Or if you had a more severe injury that resulted from a compression fracture, you know how long that takes to heal and how weak that area is for the rest of your life. This guy had something much worse with the displaced vertebrae, and the surgery which resulted in fusion of the vertebrae. People heal differently, and he may be better than most others that had that type of injury. I wish the kid the best this year, but if he is the starter then the backup better be ready to play big minutes.

Given our current lack of alternatives in the low post, Braeden is a good pickup for us.

I'll expect little and hope for the best. If he hadn't displaced 2 cervical vertebra I would be exited to have a guy who can score around the basket. For anyone here who has ever suffered from a herniated disc you know how bad that can be. Or if you had a more severe injury that resulted from a compression fracture, you know how long that takes to heal and how weak that area is for the rest of your life. This guy had something much worse with the displaced vertebrae, and the surgery which resulted in fusion of the vertebrae. People heal differently, and he may be better than most others that had that type of injury. I wish the kid the best this year, but if he is the starter then the backup better be ready to play big minutes.
I've had two herniated discs and will be needing fusion of a lumbar disc, so needless to say, I've spent a ton of time with my ortho/spine surgeon over the past five years. Cervical (and lumbar) areas are built for twisting/torque....Thoracic is for protection since those vertibra are supporting rib cage. Fusing, especially the cervical vertebra, will significantly limit rotation. Healing and long term effects/limitations are two different things.

Youtube editing. It's basically every bucket he ever scored for Fresno State yet he shot 28.3% over his carreer there.

Reactions: shupat08
Transfers who see very little time and put up minuscule numbers in their careers, especially those who have spent two years at their previous school, like Ajou and Anderson , are players you take a gamble on and hope you get lucky and get something from them. The reality is that you should not set unrealistic expectations because the likelihood of success for them is low. Ajou is already gone and made no contribution to this team at all and that should have surprised no one. As to Anderson, given the severe injury he suffered and his limited playing time at Fresno I find it difficult to see him being a factor for us this year. On the other hand I believe that Gordon will be a plus for us.

So if Anderson isn't good...Anthony will get the pf/c spot next to Delgado? Or will someone else step up?

On a positive note, the kid is way ahead of most NCAA basketball players. He will be getting 2 years of SHU law school for free. Putting aside any distain anyone here has for attorneys, the kid will finish here with great earning potential.

SH landed a quality student with potential if he's fully recovered. I'll take that every time.

FWIW, he told our Trove writer that it was clear that he was going to transfer after his past year at Fresno State and for that reason he didn't get minutes.

Excuse or reality? Have no idea.

SH landed a quality student with potential if he's fully recovered. I'll take that every time.
Damn right. He will enhance the Univeristy's reputation. And THAT is what the role of our sports programs should be. We should not sell our souls for the sake of athletic talent .

To answer Dan's question...they video is called high lights for a reason, with that said... worth taking a chance.

Is taking a chance on players the new recruiting strategy for Seton Hall? The top 4 players on this team are the 4 sophomores that played last year and all came with solid reputations as BE caliber players not as players " worth taking a chance on" . If you fill your roster with players you're taking a chance on and not players who are deemed to be high quality, BE caliber players then that's a prescription for mediocrity or worse.Yes once in a while the player you take a chance on pans out but that is the exception not the rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPK145
KW's status as a "lame" duck coach (you can bet every BE or other coach is telling that to potential recruits) has limited the pool of recruits who will consider SH. Taking a chance is all that's left under the circumstances. Sad but true.

KW's status as a "lame" duck coach (you can bet every BE or other coach is telling that to potential recruits) has limited the pool of recruits who will consider SH. Taking a chance is all that's left under the circumstances. Sad but true.

Vegas
Yes it is sad that that is the situation we find ourselves in and even worse is that as long as SH maintains the status quo nothing is going to change.

Some of you fans are laughable. I'll take wins over grades 100% of the time. Its like youve become delusional. Next youll say that we dont lose, we just let the other teams win because we are altruistic gentlemen.

Just because we have good grades and lose doesnt mean you cant have good grades and win.

Last edited:
Reactions: mga pirate
Transfers who see very little time and put up minuscule numbers in their careers, especially those who have spent two years at their previous school, like Ajou and Anderson , are players you take a gamble on and hope you get lucky and get something from them. The reality is that you should not set unrealistic expectations because the likelihood of success for them is low. Ajou is already gone and made no contribution to this team at all and that should have surprised no one. As to Anderson, given the severe injury he suffered and his limited playing time at Fresno I find it difficult to see him being a factor for us this year. On the other hand I believe that Gordon will be a plus for us.
How could Ajou contribute? He didn't play. Who knows what he could have, would have done if given the opportunity to play and develop.

How could Ajou contribute? He didn't play. Who knows what he could have, would have done if given the opportunity to play and develop.
Don't you think that if any coach of any team who needed size up front and had a 7 foot center on his bench wouldn't play that center if he could contribute. He had a full year sitting out working with the SH staff and they didn't think he had developed the requisite skills to see minutes.

Reactions: mountain25
Don't you think that if any coach of any team who needed size up front and had a 7 foot center on his bench wouldn't play that center if he could contribute. He had a full year sitting out working with the SH staff and they didn't think he had developed the requisite skills to see minutes.
I am sure they didn't think about a lot. The season proved that.

Are you serious about ajou? Can you even recognize talent when it is on the floor? The guy had no business on the court much like many other players we have had.

Reactions: mountain25
Only saw him play once for two seconds but I believe any player can improve with the right coaching. I have seen players who look like duds in the beginning but improve with the right coaching.

I met and liked Ajou very much. An incredibly engaging and very thoughtful young man. But I also saw him multiple times in practice and other than possessing a lot of physical skills for such a big man he was in short not a D1 BB player.

He was a roll of the dice that didn't work out.

My opinion...if he stayed at SHU he would have never seen the court.

As for Anderson....late in the game we didn't have many other options. So I think given that fact and knowing our needs you absolutely take a 6-8 240 lb player who at one time, before his injury, was good enough to have committed to Kansas.

He now says he is injury free. Let's hope so. Between he, Nzei and Ish we need quality minutes at the 4.

I met and liked Ajou very much. An incredibly engaging and very thoughtful young man. But I also saw him multiple times in practice and other than possessing a lot of physical skills for such a big man he was in short not a D1 BB player.

He was a roll of the dice that didn't work out.

My opinion...if he stayed at SHU he would have never seen the court.

As for Anderson....late in the game we didn't have many other options. So I think given that fact and knowing our needs you absolutely take a 6-8 240 lb player who at one time, before his injury, was good enough to have committed to Kansas.

He now says he is injury free. Let's hope so. Between he, Nzei and Ish we need quality minutes at the 4.

Dan
You say that we settled on Anderson " late in the game we didn't have many other options." Going into the 2014/2015 season our number one recruiting priority was to add a high quality big man to replace Mobley and compliment Angel up front . We had great momentum going into the early signing period because of the positive press concerning the quality of the 2014 class, we had an excited fan base and every reason to be positive about the future of the program and the woeful finish to last season hadn't happened and yet we still were unable to land a quality big in the early signing period.

You're 100% right when you point out we had limited options and took Anderson as our best option but let's not forget that our limited options were the result of the inability to sign that priority target we needed.

KW was not able to get a big last year. That is really all we need to know. And I don't even reading or hearing anything that made me think we were ever getting one of them.

Dan
You say that we settled on Anderson " late in the game we didn't have many other options." Going into the 2014/2015 season our number one recruiting priority was to add a high quality big man to replace Mobley and compliment Angel up front . We had great momentum going into the early signing period because of the positive press concerning the quality of the 2014 class, we had an excited fan base and every reason to be positive about the future of the program and the woeful finish to last season hadn't happened and yet we still were unable to land a quality big in the early signing period.

You're 100% right when you point out we had limited options and took Anderson as our best option but let's not forget that our limited options were the result of the inability to sign that priority target we needed.

That is sooooooooooooo true!

Sum up KW's recruiting strategy in one word....desperate. Just think how bad it would be without Sha....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT