ADVERTISEMENT

"When we play Seton Hall basketball, we ain't losing. And tonight, we ain't losing."

Love this. These guys wrung everything they could have from this experience. Yes, it was crushing to not hear "Seton Hall" called on Selection Sunday, but they could've gone home. They could've accepted the NIT bid but just gone through the motions. Or they could've dedicated themselves to winning the damn thing, the only tournament that was available to them, and that's what they did. And I'm so proud of them for it.

It's easy to scoff at the NIT, and I have before. But I think it is what you -- and your team -- make of it. Seton Hall decided to play in it, embrace it, take it seriously, and in the end, winning it was a lot of fun, but it wasn't even the most important thing. What I take from it most was the way the individual players remained dedicated to the team and came out like they were playing in the NCAAs. They gave it up for each other and for Seton Hall. It revealed a lot of character and integrity and I'll always embrace this group of guys warmly.

Love this. These guys wrung everything they could have from this experience. Yes, it was crushing to not hear "Seton Hall" called on Selection Sunday, but they could've gone home. They could've accepted the NIT bid but just gone through the motions. Or they could've dedicated themselves to winning the damn thing, the only tournament that was available to them, and that's what they did. And I'm so proud of them for it.

It's easy to scoff at the NIT, and I have before. But I think it is what you -- and your team -- make of it. Seton Hall decided to play in it, embrace it, take it seriously, and in the end, winning it was a lot of fun, but it wasn't even the most important thing. What I take from it most was the way the individual players remained dedicated to the team and came out like they were playing in the NCAAs. They gave it up for each other and for Seton Hall. It revealed a lot of character and integrity and I'll always embrace this group of guys warmly.
Perfectly stated! 👏👏

Fantastic view into the mindset of the coach and team going into these last five games. The players all speak as one and speak from the heart. I am most impressed with our coach..... who molded these guys and who has grown into his role better than I ever imagined. We are in good hands with Sha at the rudder. But you already knew that.

A terrific video and a great look behind the scenes.

BTW, we are so lucky to have a second-string play-by-play man as skilled as Dave Popkin. Listening to the game audio he struck all the right notes for both sides in his call.

I subjected myself to the Westwood One radio broadcast, (the only one on Sirius XM) and while I like Will Purdue, I was less than impressed with Cooper Boardman.

Two things:
1. what’s better, having your last game as a 19 point loss in the BET lingering over your head or embracing the opportunity presented to you.
2. Kadary speaking from the heart at the post game presser about SHU being a place where underdog players can come and find success.

Great video.

Really great content. the quality in particular on some of those slomo gameplay shots where you see the guys' eyes and faces are excellent.

Reactions: shupat08
Great video, great highlights, great players, and Shaheen the Great!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT