ADVERTISEMENT

Whitehead

Isaiah Whitehead ‏@IsaiahW_15 5h5 hours ago

Me & My Bro @StephenCurry30 Great Guy Even With All The Success He Have Came Across This Year
1f4af.png
1f3c0.png
1f60e.png

Gotta be a big thrill to spend some time with Steph.

We were just talking. Unlike all previous years when we constantly talked about Pirate basketball, this year the joy has pretty much been completely destroyed by Kevin I am the Captain of the Titanic Willard.

And then there is a story like this. The only reason we renewed was for the players. And here is one of our players enjoying the chance of a lifetime.

Way to go Isaiah! We will continue to root for you.

I'm hoping Whitehead makes the jump that Kris Dunn made last year. I see some similarities in their games. Ball dominant and turnover prone, but good handle, size and vision in traffic.

I'm hoping Whitehead makes the jump that Kris Dunn made last year. I see some similarities in their games. Ball dominant and turnover prone, but good handle, size and vision in traffic.

Would be great but how do we know Dunn made a jump, he only played in 4 games very early in the season the previous year??

Whitehead was totally mishandled. He showed plenty of potential, and he made too many mistakes and tried to do too much. I hope to see him leading a faster offense that revolves around the ball in his hands.

Reactions: Pirate6711
Would be great but how do we know Dunn made a jump, he only played in 4 games very early in the season the previous year??
Fair point. I was referring to the previous year, but I think he was dealing with injuries then too.

We were just talking. Unlike all previous years when we constantly talked about Pirate basketball, this year the joy has pretty much been completely destroyed by Kevin I am the Captain of the Titanic Willard.

And then there is a story like this. The only reason we renewed was for the players. And here is one of our players enjoying the chance of a lifetime.

Way to go Isaiah! We will continue to root for you.

Blue- Very glad you renewed your tickets.....don't want any other fan sitting behind us and cheering but you and the Mrs.

Whitehead was totally mishandled. He showed plenty of potential, and he made too many mistakes and tried to do too much. I hope to see him leading a faster offense that revolves around the ball in his hands.
But same handler this year...how does the result change if that was the issue? KW Brain transplant? Or is that implant?

But same handler this year...how does the result change if that was the issue? KW Brain transplant? Or is that implant?
Pete, I think it will change due to the roster makeup. I hated the fact that Whitehead played the 3 last season to make room for Jaren Sina. IMO you don't take your most talented player and move him to a position he has never played before to ensure a great kid but an average player like Sina gets PT. Terrible move.

This season Whitehead, a McDonald's All American guard will actually be playing guard. That bodes well for the Hall.

Yes. That is why I am hoping for a faster pace, which will leave fewer fingerprints of you know who and maybe an offense that flows for once. Even if it is the same, starting with IW as focal point is an improvement imo.

So we're hoping Whitehead literally "runs" the team. I actually think we have our best chance if that happens. Risky plan but much better than the clueless option.

I will say this again... if Whitehead is 1) healthy and 2) avoids unnecessary, fancy highlight reel plays, he will become one of the best point guards in the country. He's a potential first team All-America talent. The key word is "potential."

He's that good. I hope he will allow himself to develop and to be developed. The big difference for next season is that he will spend the entire summer and pre-season knowing he's the PG. That was not the case coming out of HS.

I'm looking forward to watching the Pirates in 2015-2016. Last season is history. It's going to be a different story next season.

Reactions: SHUTAPS76
He's that good. I hope he will allow himself to develop and to be developed. The big difference for next season is that he will spend the entire summer and pre-season knowing he's the PG. That was not the case coming out of HS.

I'm looking forward to watching the Pirates in 2015-2016. Last season is history. It's going to be a different story next season.

Good post. Now we are getting to the heart of the matter. Going into last season, Gibbs and Sina had established that they had intelligence and character. It would have been awesome for those two to understand that they could facilitate the transition from a good program to a great program by nurturing a McDonalds All American and a tremendous supporting cast. instead they actually ended up thinking the program was about THEM. So sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT