ADVERTISEMENT

Willard and Foreign Recruits

Aug 31, 2010
Posting this here since I am refused access to any other board on this site ...

Someone on the free board suggested that, because he missed out on some local recruits, Willard should go the foreign route. Obviously, we already have (Auda, Geramipoor) during his first four months. Just wanted to point out the Willard also had lunch again with Arturas Karnisovas about two weeks ago to discuss bringing in some Lithuanian kids. AK is excited to see the Pirates recruiting from the Canarias basketball academy and would love to get some of his own players in Pirate uniforms (which is totally different from a few months ago when there's no chance he would've sent a kid to Gonzo)
rolleyes.gif

Shoebox, did you go through the procedure for new posters? After you fill that out, you will be granted normal posting priviledges. We all had to do it to wed out some nuts who always came here posting nonsense and worse.

Thanks, 75. I went through normal procedures for new posters. I received an e-mail from HallDan requesting my phone number so he can call me (I didn't realize this was part of the authentication process). I didn't feel comfortable with this request so my access was denied. Alas, I'm stuck on the "Life off the Ship" board

If you followed our normaL procedures chances are that you would have been approved as only a handfull of people have been denied permoission. Apparently It's your choice not to follow those procedures. We are not the only Pirate Message Board so there are other places for you to post but we are not changing our procedures.

Secondly this Life Off the Ship Board is for non sports subjects (mostly but not exclusively politics) so we will not allow you to continue to post sports related items here.

Tom K

Thank you for the info, Sh0eBox. It is a shame you aren't allowed to post on the regular board. You have been a good poster on the NJ.com board for a while now.

Originally posted by SnakeTom:
If you followed our normaL procedures chances are that you would have been approved as only a handfull of people have been denied permoission. Apparently It's your choice not to follow those procedures. We are not the only Pirate Message Board so there are other places for you to post but we are not changing our procedures.

Secondly this Life Off the Ship Board is for non sports subjects (mostly but not exclusively politics) so we will not allow you to continue to post sports related items here.

Tom K

I can't even begin to express my disappointment in the board moderators. I stand by my opinion that requesting my phone number so you can call me is beyond excessive, and to me, does not seem like normal procedure...and is borderline dictatorial. I'm not sure what you think I'm capable of? If you thought I would hijack a thread, why haven't I done it already on the "Life off the ship" board? I would simply like to converse with other Pirate fans and feel it is unfair that I'm not given that chance.

As I mentioned on another thread, I want to share as much info as I can but there is no other SHU board on the internet that has this much viewership and as many die hard fans.

Thank you to my supporters. I will continue to post when I can.

Not that it is any of my business, but why would you request a phone number? Now perhaps, he is an alias of the esteemed PirateDave, but as long as he behaves himself what does it matter? I have to agree that if some random board moderator I don't know asked for my phone number I wouldn't give it to him.

I dont kbnow who shoebox is or how he is working within the confines of how we register, which to me was an accpetable process. But though he posts on the NJO board, he knows SHU hoops better than most of us

There is no random Moderator involved. Just me and Dan & I've been running this site for over 12 years. All we asked for is a real name and a phone number. If you can't trust us with that information then don't register. We are not going to allow this board to become trashed as others have tried in the past nor will we allow it to become like the NJ.com Board..

Tom K

I have been a board member for 8-10 years. Damn I have no idea how long it has been. But, not once, have I ever been called by the Tom or Dan. I say trust Tom and Dan and join.

Originally posted by cernjSHU:
I have been a board member for 8-10 years. Damn I have no idea how long it has been. But, not once, have I ever been called by the Tom or Dan. I say trust Tom and Dan and join.

Cern - This is the e-mail I received...

Thank you for your request to post on our board.

Rivals has suggested we contact each person directly.

Please advise a phone number where I can reach you and I'll call you shortly.

I think this is the craziest policy I've ever heard of. I don't know these people...why in the world would I give my cell phone out? I don't get it. It's over with now, as I won't be posting on this board unfortunately

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT