ADVERTISEMENT

Woman's Assistant Coach

Has SH ever announced who it's new assistant coach will be to fill its vacancy?
Not yet. Next week we will be doing an interview with Tony Bozzella for the Trove. He told me he would make us aware of the hire if it hasn't been reported to date.

SHU is always so slow to make these announcements, regardless of the sport. They still have Stephanie Oliver listed as an assistant coach on the SHU site. And the site was recently renovated... although it looks like it's half done.

Meanwhile, Oliver has already introduced two of her new assistants and their bios are up on the LIU site.

Two of the Rutgers women's assistants left and they have already announced their replacements.

I had a history professor while at SHU who studied American Catholic History and has moved onto bigger and better in recent years... He would always describe the slow moving nature of SHU's administration as "the Catholic perception of time" aka "we'll get to it, when we get to it".

(and no, this is not a knock on Catholicism, this is just an explanation I was given by someone very involved in SHU and American Catholicism and his views on why the SHU administration in many regards moves super slowly on many things)

I think every Church Bulletin I have ever read was up to date and accurate. I lay the blame on SHU and our lack of efficiency or staffing.

I think every Church Bulletin I have ever read was up to date and accurate. I lay the blame on SHU and our lack of efficiency or staffing.
Has to be a throwback to our Irish Catholic beginnings. My wife (of that background) says, " there will be time for that". Attributes it to her forebearers.

BTW new ass't coach already on campus.
TBA by Wednesday unless the administration takies time out for tea and biscuits.

Reactions: shupat08
I've never understood the way SH deals with issues like announcements of players signing their NLI , simple tasks like announcing the hiring of a new assistant coach or updating its athletic website removing a coach who's gone. It seems like a simple housekeeping task to me . Every time this issue comes up , especially when it comes to making public announcements the conventional wisdom on this Board has been that it's up to the individual coaches to decide when to make those announcements. I'll say what I say every time this comes up and that is that there should be an athletic department guidelines setting parameters as to when such announcements should be made. Not a rigid deadline but a reasonable time period , after the event in which there should be public disclosure.

Has to be a throwback to our Irish Catholic beginnings. My wife (of that background) says, " there will be time for that". Attributes it to her forebearers.

BTW new ass't coach already on campus.
TBA by Wednesday unless the administration takies time out for tea and biscuits.
It's not tea and biscuits it's a wee bit of the Nectar of the Gods.

I went to a wedding this weekend.

By the time of the reception, the photographer had posted at least 50 beautiful photos from the ceremony and post-ceremony. It was all displayed on a flatscreen TV.

That's how simple it is to post photos and to update a web site.

Yet SHU has so much trouble updating their site. It took them at least six months to replace the picture of Xavier with one of the beautiful renovated and expanded dorm. Even right now, the only picture available on the site is postage-size exterior shot that still has a lawn construction fence.

I'm not sure if it's laziness, incompetence, indifference or all three.

http://www.shu.edu/academics/artsci/chemistry/index.cfm

Here's another doozy from the SHU site:

If you're interested in one of the outstanding science programs offered by our school and you visit one of the department's sites, you will find that the artist's rendering of the building constructed in 2007 is all that's offered as a visual.

Repeat. There's no picture. There's only the pre-construction art, which is tiny.

Why is there not an entire slide show showing the building, the labs, the equipment, etc.

This problem of lack of multi-media and promotion is a top to bottom issue.

To get back on track...Pirate Blue members that were at Monmouth Race Track on Friday had a chance to meet and talk with the new assistant coach, Christian. She comes with very good credentials. Is also very pleasing to look at and talk with.

Reactions: Pirate6711
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT